It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vegans, raw foodists, fasters, extreme losers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I need to know if any of you all figured out the best way to overcome "induction flu". At one point in my life, a couple of times, I went zero carbs. In my post menopausal (dead metabolism) age, I rapidly lost though. BUT I got very lethargic. Just overall sick feeling like I was dying. So much for weight loss.

OR: Maybe my question should be, what is the secret to skinny-dum --after-- 50? Without keeling over dead?

THANKS ATSers.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Maybe just cut down on the fatty foods and do some exercise?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Exercise.

You need calories if you want to lose weight, without energy you cannot burn fat. You need to eat, do a bit of cardio and do some weightlifting. Skin and bones with flabby skin is pretty disgusting, if that's what you're aiming for sure, starve but if you want to be in shape and you want to be healthy, do as I suggest.

I'm guessing there'll be quite a few of these threads after the holidays. I haven't been exercising, eating a hell of a lot, I mean.. to the point that I don't even want to know but it's only a few days a year, it's ok as long as I'm reasonable and exercise the rest of the year.

You want simple? Exercise 30 minutes a day and eat fresh, home cooked, non-fried and non-processed foods and you'll be alright.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Going for the obvious stuff first.

No soda pop whatsoever.
No fast food or if you must, once a month.
No processed food at all.
Mucho vegetables (potatoes are a good filler) and fruit but watch the fruit sugars.
Limit fruit juice as that is full of sugars.
Limit dairy intake (high fat content)
Perhaps (if you do eat meat) consider the white meats (chicken and turkey) and fish instead of large amounts of red meat.
Organic produce wherever possible/affordable.
Limited alcohol *cough cough* (a weakness of mine)
Eat little and often.
No potato chips and if possible, eat 72% cocoa chocolate if that's your thing.
Oh yes, wine with a meal is actually healthy (not a whole bottle)

Disclaimer: I am not a dietician or a medical professional. I'm sure you'll get better answers from others.

ETA Forgot some.
Organic herbs and spices. Only organic. (They can aid digestion and are just healthy in themselves)
Brown bread instead of white

Good luck
edit on 25/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

That sounds very sensible, I keep hearing a small voice in the back of my mind telling me it's not the food (so much) as it is the exercise, because prior to age 42, I was skinny, and I didn't diet.
Yup, you are right, I think.
When I tried the zero carbs routine and lost a lot of weight very rapidly, I said to myself, "Shazam! Now all I need is to figure out how to beat the lethargy, dizzyness, sickness, etc" But Methinks I've been being lazy and in denial.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You are right about "limit dairy". Just recently, I told my mother (who is 75) that I am sick and tired of feeling compelled to take a nap every day around noon or 2. She said, it's the dairy.
Well, I spent a day consuming zero dairy (ESPECIALLY drinking milk, and I was a big milk drinker) (skim even) and I did not get overcome with the need to nap!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If your goal is to simply lose fat, the best way without exercise is hCG. I worked at a cubicle and did not so much as walk more than from my desk to my car and lost over 100lbs.

If you follow the diet exactly, you WILL lose the fat. Don't buy the Wal mart version, you want the good kind that actually works. Go to hcgfatloss.com and you will be able to get everything you need.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

Wow, I never heard of hcg, and you lost a hundred, stuck in your cubicle? Sounds like a miracle thing.

link   
reply to post by Cataka

Do not listen to this post.

The best way to lose weight and be healthy is through cardio, lifting weights, and a decent eating resume.

Please do not fall for 'LOOK I LOST 30LB IN 3 WEEKS, JUST PAY 30 DOLLARS A MONTH' crap, just do honest work to attain your goal.

link   

edit on 25-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: double post

link   
Maybe not put Vegans in the same headline as Loser for an opening thread? Miss leading. I have Vegan friends. Good people.

Yep, We laugh all the time about me telling them that Bee's WANT us to steal their honey.

Guava syrup isn't that bad as a sweetener. Neither is sugar.

Careful how you open a post. Vegans have friends. Oh, And I had Prime Rim for dinner.

It came out perfect thank you.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

There's no secret to being healthy, at a healthy weight, or to keeping your energy up all day. Eat organic foods and run around the block every now and then basically, it's not hard and there's no secret it's common sense.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I used to drink it when younger but now it's just butter on my bread (I hate margarine and all that so called-healthy junk) and a small amount of cream in my coffee. I think a 1 pint of cream lasts me 2 weeks and butter a half pound of butter between 2 weeks to a month. I don't eat as much bread as I should do but it's laziness more than anything. I use sunflower oil for frying too which also can help so I've read but we do need fats in our diet. Like someone already mentioned, "starvation" is not the way to go and can actually backfire and cause tiredness.

Trial and error I guess. I've never been more than 140 pounds or so and I'm a 6 foot guy and thin as a rake. Some people are just built a certain way maybe? Good luck

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Walk 4 or 5 miles everyday.

link   
Rib Prime Rib dammit. Ribbit.

link   
eat as much raw ORGANIC fruits and vegetables as possible, with seeds and nuts, herbs and spices; less than 5% of diet should be (organic) meat, little to no sugars.

this is the diet of ancients for the last five million years.we were born onto the earth and the earth made us. the earth is food, and food is medicine. the less we tamper with what earth has provided us, the healthier we will be.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I just post what I posted in another health related question:

Wow so much bad information. Not that its anyone's fault...jut poor information is propagated at an accelerated pace it would seem.

(I should preface this, that I work in the biotechnology field. I am not a doctor, rather our group of scientists and engineers conducts the research and instruction at the top tier in the human healh sciences field. We ARE the cutting edge)

I'll probably have to start a thread on this subject but let me just throw the actuality of the human condition out there.

ALL DIETS END AT THE MOUTH

Once food enters your intestinal lumen (digestive system), it is your endocrine system (your hormones such as Testosterone, Estrogen, Growth hormone etc...) that determine how that food is used. This is called "nutrient partitioning" and is the singular cause of increases in body fat.

We all know of that skinny guy or gal whom can eat junk food every day all day and stay skinny.

How?

His or her hormones cause those nutrients regardless of their content to be partitioned for energy use and voiding (urinating and defecating) converse, they do not cause those nutrients to be partitioned and stored as fat.

We all know of that obese man or woman who diets like crazy and works out every day, yet never loses a pound (or can keep it off )

How?

His or her endocrine system (again the hormones) are causing those nutrients no matter how "healthy" he or she thought they may be for him or her to be partitioned as fat.

So yes, I am telling you that your hormones which are genetically predetermined at conception determine how your body utilizes (partitions) the food you eat.

Can this be attenuated? Of course. We modulate your hormones to create the optimal internal environment for proper nutrient partitioning.

How?

DIAGNOSTICS ARE THE KEY !

Your car has a dashboard that informs you of problems your vehicle may be experiencing, but not the human body. Blood work, lab tests etc... should be YOUR TOP PRIORITY. Without them you are just guessing as to what the issue may be.

That's all I'll write for now...

One more thing....

The Body Mas Index is total junk science. You cant apply an arbitrary number to individuals as a whole, we're just too different.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ShedAlert

Actually, I TOTALLY HEAR YOU about being wary of anymore weight loss --product-- --scams-- . I have tried them all, or so I thought, and new ones keep popping up. The very many I threw my money away on before, were worthless garbage, and harmfull to my health. Everyone be wary of weight loss --products-- .

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Areyoupeopleinsane

I am sorry, but your fancy words do not void everything said in this thread. Yes, some of the suggestions have being pretty silly, but what you just said was even more so.

Calories in, calories out, that is how the body works, fact, yes, we might be different in the way the energy is dispersed/absorbed, but it doesn't void the fact that a healthy, moderate eating plan, and an active workout will give positive and beneficial results.

None of what you said was needed, and your patronisation of every member that has posted was not needed either.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Areyoupeopleinsane

Absolute bunkum. No 2nd. I won't debate you, point you to facts you don't want to know. Just bunkum.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join