It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Miraculously Saves His Life As Satellite Fragment Crashes Into His House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Andrei Krivorukov got a wonderful Christmas gift today: his very own life. He saved it after a titanium ball from a Russian communication satellite crashed right into its house, escaping death by just a few feet.The Russian satellite was a Meridian, which is used for civilian and military communications. It was destroyed when a Soyuz-2 rocket exploded in midair, just a few minutes after its launch from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome—a Russian spaceport, located 500 miles north of Moscow.

Source

Well it seems like the christmas spirits were with this guy. I can only imagine what this would have been like.

Just more junk falling from the skies. I am all for space exploration, but the amount of stuff being launched and ready to come back down has me thinking there has to be a better (safer?) way.
edit on 25-12-2011 by NoNameBrand because: .

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

I can't imagine the damage an 11-pound titanium ball would do to a house or even a man from that distance. Must have been such a crash.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
FYI, its the same rocket discussed in this thread here...

23 Dec UFO in Russia, 5 different videos posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

After it exploded, the debris cloud was flimed by a few people, as it travelled on its way to its ultimate crash destination.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thanks for the link, was an interesting read.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So this ball got launched into orbit then? And landed again in Russia? Because it has been a couple of days since that rocket went boom

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
Because it has been a couple of days since that rocket went boom

The Gizmodo link from the OP isnt the actual news story.
They just commented on a news story from NDTV that states...

A Meridian satellite that was launched Friday...

And might I say just as a general rule its always best to cite the original story and not another websites commentary on a news story that read on a news site that they got from a foreign language news site that got their story from a blog.
Not in this case, but a couple of months back there was a thread where the OP linked to a FIFTH hand account of the actual story, by which time it was all stupid misinformation.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sounds like a blessing in disguise actually. Because this person should be set for life monetarily speaking after he threatens to sue the government for physical and punitive damages and emotional distress in the tune of several million dollars.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
He also got another gift: the town where he lives said they were going to pay for the repairs.

That's mighty generous of them!
I wonder how much the town will pocket after the insurance company pays their claim?!!

I hope this person sues hard and deep.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Great, just great, I can see a time in the very near future where everyone will have to start wearing helmets while just being inside your own homes to avoid getting our heads split wide open by space-craft debris.

Just great. Just what we need, more bad news.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Is it me or is there a lot of these so called "Space balls"? I remember a few threads earlier this summer about them. Now it seems like they are popping up everywhere?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i wonder if this space ball is the same kind as the one landed in Namibia this week___

new topics

top topics

join