It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO for Christmas Eve?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I love how he was able to split the screen so we can see the video blown up while also in real-time vision too!

Now, is this just more space junk? I don't know where Wayne county is but it sounds American so I doubt this is the same Netherlands (rocket?) event from yesterday.

Anyone know? I know many can guess though.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
honestly looks like Jupiter. It is high in the sky and with atmospheric disturbance the light can appear to be moving or changing.

The video shows no movement, no other landmarks for reference. From what Ive seen, I say he was peering at Jupiter.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Jupiter? Ah come on. I was expecting a better guess than that

What's more upsetting than reading your answer is actually believing that a person who is capable of handling a video camera isn't able to discern a still planet from a moving object. That just won't register in my mind without a fight.
Besides, it looks like it might be moving to me although it could be cloud coverage passing by.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Jupiter

Swamp gas? Weather Balloon or perhaps a Min Min?

Some replies crack me up!. However, I would have thought this was something to do with that Soyuz Rocket that had a trip to the galactic waste dump? There has been some other videos quite like this, including 5 from Russia. Nice vid though.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Does anyone have opinions on this? It stayed in the same place in the sky for over 30 minutes

www.youtube.com...

He doesn't say it left. He probably got bored.
Very likely Jupiter. Maybe Venus.

edit on 12/25/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
But then did it move? (either in a controlled manner or at a rate associated with a propullsion system???)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My guess is Venus. It appears that he is using the camera in a way to take it in and out of focus.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
In the beginning of the video (at about 0:20) you can see on the right is the original video, and on the left is the same video but enlarged.

This honestly looks like a video of Jupiter or some other planet, and the camera's auto focus was having a very hard time keeping the image focused (common when filming the sky) which caused the distortion you see. It also looks like they used either bilinear or bicubic interpolation on the left video in order to enlarge the object, and that interpolation added details that were not originally in the video to begin with, causing even further distortion of the object. I wouldn't doubt the atmosphere distorted the light a bit as well.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
edit on 26-12-2011 by K1771gnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Besides, it looks like it might be moving to me although it could be cloud coverage passing by.

The object is moving. It is moving just as fast as Jupiter moves across the sky.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That could be anything really, most probably Jupiter tho.

new topics

top topics

join