It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons in Possessed People Bend Their Knee at the Name of Jesus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

And here, all along, I thought that Jesus was just some mythical character which was copied from SEVERAL man-gods predating him, all being eerily similar to him...

I thought only Flat-Earthers believed in stuff like that. Considering there are extra-biblical references to Jesus and all, and contemporary archaeological references, as well, thinking people know that the Jesus in the Bible actually existed.

/TOA

Please share these extra-biblical references existing outside of the christian mythos and these contemporary archaeological findings...I'm sure many of us here would be interested to see such, as I've personaly done the research and have found none to date....and no, roman archetecture/artwork postdating constantine does not count, that's still part of the christian mythos

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis

If not, then answer me this...why is it for the major majority only chistians that get possesed? Wouldn't it be easier for the devil to possess those that do not have the depth of faith? Wouldn't all the unfaithful be possesed, and shouldnt all those who've been touched by god be speaking in tounges?

I disagree. Every time someone goes off the deep end and does something horrific I think the devil got to them. Hitler had the faith of a gnat and the author states he was possessed.

Every exorcism results in the person growing closer to God and God allows possession for that reason.
Demons hassle muslims, too. Most individuals that demons mess with are not fully possessed. The term for this is "oppression."

Regarding the bending of the knee because the person would anyway. The author states that this happens in cases of "total demonic possession." Often these people have to be restrained because the devil is so resistant. The key words here are EVERY TIME .

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
At first I was like, well the name Jesus doesnt make me bend at the knee.. So I was stoked. But then I saw it said, during the end of an exorcism, when the demon has taken full control.. And it set my excitement back. Im not gonna go through an exorcism to see if at the end of it I bend at the knee when hearing the name of Jesus.. For all I know, the exorcism itself causes the demonic possession.. Thanks op.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Well you should not be so arrogant in your comfort zone of truth. It's clear your a little fuzzy on history. Let me help...yes many civilizations such as Egyptian, Assyrian, Babylonian, Persian, and Roman have similar accounts of a Father God figure (such as Nimrod), a Mother (seminramus), and a son of God (such as Tammuz who was really born Dec. 25th). The reason this happened is because when one empire conquered another, they merely changed the names of dieties.......such as the Greek gods changed to Roman names.

Thats a fact of history. So the argument that many cultures share christian similarities means nothing. They are all the same with name changes. This also occurred in the Roman Catholic Church where Semiramus/isis,ishtar, etc were changed to Mary (the Queen of heaven). So the depiction of baby Jesus and Mary with hallos is totally babylonian.

The basic similaity between pagan religions and true biblical christianity is no surprise if the Devil exists. If he does, he certainly would go after the true religion of God to affect it. Notice in genesis 3 thats what the Devil did. He attacked the word of God to Eve. He did the same thing to Jesus in his temptations......

Not all as easy as you would like it to be.....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
HangtheTraitors
You rant like MSM and I'm Ron Paul.
Perhaps you should read the book before you call it a fairy tale.
edit on 12/25/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

Haters gonna hate, scoffers will scoff. Jesus said it himself. They won't be laughing and making fun of him when he returns, they will be bending their knees too and then they will be crying.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

They wouldn't just give you an exorcism because you thought you were possessed. They screen the person first.
You don't need one anyway!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Yep, "what more needs to be said".

And here, all along, I thought that Jesus was just some mythical character which was copied from SEVERAL man-gods predating him, all being eerily similar to him...

So similar, in fact were those man-gods, that there is nothing original or unique about the new christain man-god whatsoever. But this babel combined with a fairy tale book has changed my mind...

HALLELUJAH!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

Can I get an Amen. Oh wait, what god was "Amen-ra". Oh yea, it was the Egyptian sun god. Another MORE ORIGINAL PREDATING set of beliefs that were copied to Christianity... Hmmmm....

Can I get an [color=gold]Amen-Ra than??!!!!

edit on 25-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Dude youre wicked...and evil.

BTW, Amen means "so be it" in hebrew.

Also it's not Amen-Ra its Amun-Ra. Ignorant people...sheesh. You think its the same thing because it has a grammatical similarity. Pure ignorance.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
ATS is full of Christian-bashers, this thread is proof of that.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

does that mean demons worship jesus?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
ATS is full of Christian-bashers, this thread is proof of that.

Were happy and theyre miserable, theyre going to piss in our cornflakes because misery loves company and theyre attention seekers. Little kids do the same things when they want attention. Theyre just making an ass of themselves in front of the whole world in a "hey mom watch this!" fashion for attention is all.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
"just a ra-ra Jesus thread"
I love that.

are Christians so stupid to think that demons can so easily be defected?
big armies of demons running at you.
just keep saying jusus. and they will never get any ware !!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by imc3dxx

Prove he exist and I won't mock it. Not going to sit there and worship something that isn't there in the first place.

Prove by his hand that he wrote the bible too and not some old smuck scholar who wrote a novel.

Like, uh, pics or it didn't happen.

edit on 26-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

does that mean demons worship jesus?

Demon is just another world for fallen angel. Angel in hebrew means "messenger". They do not worship Jesus, but his name has power over them because Jesus is God and God's name carries power with it. Jesus' name is actually Yahshua in hebrew and Yeshua in aramaic. Jesus is the english rendition of his greek name iesus. All names will apply when using his name demons know exactly who youre referring to as they know all of his names.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
People who become "possessed" by demons, believe in "god" and thus accept jesus is their "savior".
Of course jesus is going to save them if they believe in it.

If somebody managed to get "possesed" by elmer fudd, they would just as easily use bugs-bunny's name to save them.

The point is, if you don't believe in demons, they don't exist, and are unable to take control of you... its all in their head. At least, in the case of demons who seem to be scared of the word jesus.
edit on 26/12/2011 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
People who become "possessed" by demons, believe in "god" and thus accept jesus is their "savior".
Of course jesus is going to save them if they believe in it.

If somebody managed to get "possesed" by elmer fudd, they would just as easily use bugs-bunny's name to save them.

The point is, if you don't believe in demons, they don't exist, and are unable to take control of you... its all in their head. At least, in the case of demons who seem to be scared of the word jesus.
edit on 26/12/2011 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

Right. You ever done paranormal research? I have. Try being in the same room with something that you cannot see but it can see you. Try having its hands wrap around your throat and you can feel those hands but when you kick out there's nothing there, and then it picks you up in the air and your hanging in mid air. it's happened to many an unbeliever and a skeptic and who did they go running to? Jesus Christ, and they started going to church religiously every sunday and got saved. Lets see Bugs Bunny save you from that.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

where is this information located?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by squad51
The hole demon thing, I don'y know what to think. I am an athiest. But there are some thing's that make me wonder about (the other world that we can't see) as coined by Bob Dylan in an interview when he seriously tells the interviewer he made a deal with the devil. It's a really creepy interview.

I was a huge Bob Dylan fan I saw him in concert Fall of 2010, front row. I had almost all his CDs and read volumes about him. I was Bob-sessed for 10 years. It was unhealthy as it really pushed me away from my faith.

I remember listening to that interview. He didn't outright say he made a deal with the devil. He referred to him as the "Chief Commander". I guess you lose alot of fans saying you made a deal with the devil.

One of his CDs, can't remember which one (and I don't want to try) has a picture of him sitting on a chair with a huge black and white checkerboard floor on it. I read about that checkerboard floor thing here and like the OP of that thread said about musicians using that symbol - "That artist is dead to me now."

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm so encouraged by this thread and how the work of an ordained Catholic priest (and a member of the society of St. Paul) is now included as "Christian" by Protestant members who usually bash Catholicism, and blame it for persecuting their "brothers and sisters" during the Inquisition!

I'm glad to see all Christians are getting along now, and seem to have repented of their anti-Catholic stance.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Lets see Bugs Bunny save you from that.

That is my point.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by mutatismutandis

If not, then answer me this...why is it for the major majority only chistians that get possesed? Wouldn't it be easier for the devil to possess those that do not have the depth of faith? Wouldn't all the unfaithful be possesed, and shouldnt all those who've been touched by god be speaking in tounges?

I disagree. Every time someone goes off the deep end and does something horrific I think the devil got to them. Hitler had the faith of a gnat and the author states he was possessed.

Every exorcism results in the person growing closer to God and God allows possession for that reason.
Demons hassle muslims, too. Most individuals that demons mess with are not fully possessed. The term for this is "oppression."

Regarding the bending of the knee because the person would anyway. The author states that this happens in cases of "total demonic possession." Often these people have to be restrained because the devil is so resistant. The key words here are EVERY TIME .

I agree with you that many have "personal demons" to overcome, and in some cases it is neccessary for the inividual to have a religious leader present to guide them through the process. The human mind is a powerful thing, and when it cracks its very difficult to put the peices back together.

However, the arguement the author seems to be trying to present (and yes, I could be wrong) is that the negative thoughts themselves spawn from demons. I personally disagreed with many of statements claimed in the bible in my first post. ie: I harbored ill thoughts about christianity. By the authors depiction, that would mean I too am possessed...and when reading that verse out loud, I did not kneel.

Therefore the author is wrong when he states it works "Every Time"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join