It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army to adjust policy on religious headdresses in JROTC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Some of you may have seen the recent request by a muslim student to wear a traditional headdress while in Junior ROTC.

At the time, I thought the request would make a few headlines and die out.

Not so...... Our military leaders are actually acting on this....which brings up A question...what is the purpose of having uniforms to begin with?

Here are the links. Let's have some comments.

www.tennessean.com...

kleinonline.wnd.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
People and their silly little head-wear!!

Do people actually think that by not wearing some silly thing on their head that it makes them a bad person??

What a world, what a silly asinine world.

In the air-force I didnt really care for their bulky helmet attire, perhaps I should have said that my religion called for me to wear doo-rag on my head instead.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

One of the articles mentioned that others had been granted permission for alternative dress, but that it would probably not be allowed in the battlefield.

Just my opinion, but if you know the rules before you join, why object afterwards?

Maybe there is an agenda somewhere?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

That girl was probably put into the situation so that the American-muslim Relations could make such a case!!! Like it has not happened before?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hologypsy

CAIR and the ACLU join together for issues like this. This news item is one of the prime issues we have in letting this stuff go on in our military.

Just look at the problems that have come up in the past. The Ft. Hood massacre for example.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
WTH!!!

The millitary doesnt give you an honerable discharge (yet) if you are against killing... If it's against your religion... (I know.. I actually saw a private pull that move... it was funny. Trust me.) You'll be doing grass drills before you can spit the rest out.

If you're out of uniform... You're out of uniform! Grass drills.. M16 in hand oer head.

I mean what gives! The millitary is going soft.. JROTC is a direct extension of that millitary. That wasnt allowed in my rotc in high school, why should it change to fit religion when there is STILL a seperation of church and state!

So the only religion that gets away with mingling with government is the muslim religion? That's kinda bass ackwards, if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

join