It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California to Ban Police From Towing Cars of Unlicensed Drivers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Great, so the money that would go to the state now stays in the hand of the illegal so it can be shipped back to Latin America.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Money to the State? Are you high?The state gets ZERO money.
A private company gets it all.

You self rightous people are missing some very important points.

1. This is a criminal racket in CA. For anything from a parking ticket to a unpaid infraction they will suspend your DL...many time without your knowledge.

2. The police pull you over, and impound your car.

3. A PRIVATE towing company Takes your car and will charge you HUNDREDS of dollars to get it back, if not they sieze it, and sell it for money.

4. Not one cent goes to the state...unless you count the kickbacks for getting them the contract.
The state collects the fines.

This is organized crime and has been going on for decades.
If you need to wrap it up in "lets help illegals" to end this corrupt practice of moidern day piracy and extortion, so be it.

Some of you people would be happy as larks living in corruption and squalor as long as the Government does nothing that helps those "Damned illegals".

Idiots.

Open your eyes enough to see the bigger picture.
Maybe then you won't be so easily blinded by BullS$#@.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I have to agree with all of this but would like to add that they almost octomom-like in their ability to work the system.

It is no wonder that the state most tolerant / welcoming of illegals is also the one in deepest financial water.

link   

I have to agree with all of this but would like to add that they almost octomom-like in their ability to work the system.

It is no wonder that the state most tolerant / welcoming of illegals is also the one in deepest financial water.

link   

link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by GovtFlu

Gee,,,, How hard could it be to have your Drivers License, Registration and Proof of Insurance in your car or on your person,,,, of-course unless you've got drugs or other contraband in your car at the time,,, what are you being stopped for, Drinking a little to much or is the clouds of Marijuana Smoke rolling out your open window doing it?
If you're illegally in our country and driving, you are nothing more than a Criminal and Deserve To Be Jailed, Your Family Fined or Deported With You To What Ever Country You Came From.

It's not "hard" to have a license / registration for the paperless.. it's impossible. Which is part of the scam.

Good friend of mine was brought to LA when he was 10, one of those scum bag criminal "aliens" deserving of jail, so called.. grew up every bit an American kid as you did. He would have joined the Marines for "papers" had I not talked him out of it.. he got married instead.

By the time he was 25, he lost 3 cars at these zero probable cause gestapo checkpoints which the city of LA just happened to set up in "illegal alien" areas of town.. for more profits. He has a full time job, pays taxes, 2 kids, insurance, registration and probably drives better than you do... The system is set up that he, and thousands like him, can live a normal lives in every aspect, except the govt steals their cars now and then.

Not because he's an unsafe driver, or intoxicated.. the police didn't even have probable cause to stop him.. he lacks the proper papers, and we all know how the gestapo hates that.

Besides that.. a vehicle can only be stored under a specific storage authority, to wit 22651VC.. police were using subsection (p) in every case.. IGNORING section (3) licensed drivers, and/or offering a liability waiver if legally parked.

Basically the govt was ignoring any storage authority laws that didn't make money.

"(3) For the purposes of this subdivision, the vehicle shall be released to the owner or person in control of the vehicle only after the owner or person furnishes the storing law enforcement agency with proof of current registration and a currently valid driver’s license to operate the vehicle."

dmv.ca.gov...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
If the illegals want to drive they should go back to Mexico and get there international drivers license. then they could come back and drive in Calif with no problem.

Illegals should get no special privileges when there are legal ways to be able to drive in Calif.

Most of these cars of illegals would be towed anyway as most also do not have insurance that is mandatory in Calif
edit on 25-12-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

Can you provide the California vehicle code that allows for "international drivers license"??.. hint, there is none. California allows tourists a 10 day grace period driving privilege, after that 12500VC- "Unlicensed driver" applies.

And guess what?.. the "go back" idea doesn't work anymore... can't cross the border without a passport, remember?..lol Plus there is literally nowhere they can turn themselves in for instant deportation, not to the police, INS, courts, Mexican consulate.. not even getting arrested earns one a free trip to Mexico. People were using it for a free ride home to vacation before sneaking back in. Harkens back to the old days of "wedding deportations" where people would get deported to attend weddings in Mexico... then sneak back.

BTW most do get insurance these days, proof is needed to get current registration DMV tags ..coined accordingly "Mexican insurance". No insurance isn't automatically an impound-able offense anyway, vehicle could be legally parked or licensed driver passenger (see 22651VC California storage authorities)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

" 3. A PRIVATE towing company Takes your car and will charge you HUNDREDS of dollars to get it back, if not they sieze it, and sell it for money. "

Not always, the city of LA runs OPG tow.. the "Official Police Garage", meaning a govt tow yard. Other citys do use a rotation of private tow companies.. City of West Covina / PD uses 5 or 6.. which is also a scam. Local tow operators throw police associations the best parties, lobby for gestapo checkpoints, bribe local politicians.

To wit: www.opgla.com...
"The OPGs remitted over $18 million dollars to the City of Los Angeles in 2009."

• Towing: $110.50 per hour - Standard Vehicles / $213.50 per hour - Heavy Duty
• Storage: $34.00 per day – Standard Vehicles / $48.50 - $60.50 per day - Heavy Duty Vehicles (depending on vehicle size)

• City of L.A. Vehicle Release Fee: $115.00 per each vehicle released
• 10% City Parking Occupancy Tax collected on storage fee

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I disagree with OP.
They should continue to takeing the cars from the aliens. But the law of taking a citizens car is corrupt and unjust and it ruins the lives of many citizens. i have heard the cops laughing about it even. It's pathetic.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Mexico owns California.

Let's just fly up Mexico's Flag over California and be done with it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Illegals do not have respect for any laws. They come here cutting in front of the line, they take jobs, steal identities, use fraudulant documents, drive without licenses etc. They deserve no respect and shouldn't be surprised when such things happen.

American citizen?.. if so you're a hypocrite. US govt policy flooded Iraq & Afghanistan with armed un-invited, and un welcome, illegal aliens who violated local laws crossing the border, took military training / security contractor jobs, drive without licenses, don't speak the language, respect local customs.. and shouldn't be surprised when they get no respect, huh?... lmao..

Afghanistan PD should set up "sobriety checkpoints" and tow Hummers and Bradleys from unlicensed troops..lol charging the US govt $1000s in release fees..heh

Seriously.. zero probable cause checkpoints are proto fascist gestapo tactics and wrong, regardless of which strangers you've been programmed not to like are being affected.

People on US soil are supposed to be left alone by authorities except upon probable cause.. driving down the street, obeying rules of the road sober as a judge while minding your own business... is not probable cause. Period.

It's freak'n insane to trust politicians at any level with this power anyway, they are 100% guaranteed to abuse authority and pervert the process for their gain... everyone should be happy when the man loses power, this is a small victory for people who dislike papers please nazi check points... hopefully there will be fewer of them now that they're not going to be as profitable.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Basically the whole concept of a checkpoint for driver's (literally: "show me your papers.") is Unconstitutional. Citizens have put up with the idea for some time because drunk driving is a greater menace to society than the inconvenience of being stopped (especially if you are sober, have no outstanding warrants and a current driver's license). Technically, what the courts should have done is allow the practice to go on to get drunk driver's off the road but disallow the evidence collected. Yes I know that is "catch and release" but their vehicles will be impounded and they will spend the night in the pokey. This also means that others who are stopped cant be legally held also. Where does society draw the line? What was tolerated for inebriated drivers everywhere and the Mexican border in the border states could soon become the norm....everywhere. The police state will stop more crime but at what cost to individual liberty? And then the inevitable corruption of the police with the concomitant abuses of power will become the norm also. The happy medium does not hold as there is incentive for the police state to grow slowly over time. (Does the frog in increasingly hot water evoke any images?)
edit on 26-12-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Your friends plight is just to bad, he had a very good chance of getting his Papers as you put it.
I blame you,,, you should have let him go into the Military and get his Papers.
He needs to charge you for losing those three cars.

He would have joined the Marines for "papers" had I not talked him out of it.. he got married instead.

By the time he was 25, he lost 3 cars at these zero probable cause gestapo checkpoints which the city of LA just happened to set up in "illegal alien" areas of town.. for more profits.

It's not his fault he was Dragged into America, But as you have stated:

grew up every bit an American kid as you did.

[ Not Me, I'm Chinese Born and Raised, New American Citizen, and I don't drive ]
OK, He received all the benefits of America, Maybe he should have got his Papers, even joining the Military to do so.
We have Laws in this Country, To Protect the Law Abiding Citizens, Like You Drive,, you carry Auto Insurance to pay for the Damages, Hospital Bills or if there is a Death involved.

Your Heart Breaking Story For Your Friend and His Friends,,, Sorry I can't Shed Any Tears, To Many People and Yes Friends Of Mine, Have Seat in Hospitals and Attended Funerals, Because Of illegals,,,
There have be Visitors to Our Great Country that have done nothing more than to step off a Curb and get Hit by one of your illegals,, That Visitor Did It Right, Passport and Visa to see Disneyland.
I Know, My Fathers first visit from China!
illegal stopped and ran leaving his wife and daughter in the car, YES, they were legal he wasn't and he fled back to Mexico we were told.

GET PAPERS!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

That Rant Of Your's Has Nothing To Do With The Thread.
POTUS and Congress Put Our Men and Women There, They Did Not Sneak Across The Borders and They Were Not Dragged Into Another Country Before They Were Old Enough To Know Better.

If You Really Want To Go There,,,,,,,,,,,

My husband and two tours in Viet Nam,,,,,,,our men and women of the Korean War and How About The Greatest Generation and WWII,,,,, I'm Assuming known of the before mentioned men and women had Passports or Visa's.

How about the Japanese that Waltzed in to China and Killed Women, Children and men, They has Passports?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

LIcensure is an infringement on my basic human right of free travel, not to mention the Constitutionally protected right to do the same in the US.

Insurance is another matter entirely (and one I have dubious feelings about). But licensure is a scam.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by guohua

LIcensure is an infringement on my basic human right of free travel, not to mention the Constitutionally protected right to do the same in the US.

Insurance is another matter entirely (and one I have dubious feelings about). But licensure is a scam.

People have forgotten that the Constitution was drafted to limit what the Government CAN do and instead think that it tells them (the people) what they are allowed to do. It's a sad state that we live in these days where people give up their constitutional rights so easily and request permission to do something instead of exercising their natural born RIGHTS.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

He married into "papers" and now gleefully drives through gestapo checkpoints..

I dont care what someones "papers please" status is, people living on US soil should be left un molested by the govt unless upon probable cause.

And to top it off, the police were ignoring the law, those laws supposedly to "protect" us?..lol

Storage authorities dictate a vehicle shouldn't be impounded if there is a licensed driver in the car, or the driver is willing to sign a liability waiver if legally parked (ref: 22651VC).. police were IGNORING these laws & impounding cars FOR PROFIT.. every vehicle was stored per 22651(p)VC.

In reality there is no "ban" on impounding vehicles from unlicensed drivers (ref 12500VC / 14601VC).. police have been ordered to follow the law and release vehicles to licensed drivers or leave legally parked vehicles where they are.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

That is my approach. I don't ask for rights, i just live with them. The moment i ask for something is the moment I recognize that someone else has the right to take it away from me.

Of course, life is far easier when you follow some of the schemes set up (hunting and driving licenses, among many others). But my tolerance of such governance is in no way implying my acquiescence to being ruled.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

"That Rant Of Your's Has Nothing To Do With The Thread. POTUS and Congress Put Our Men and Women There, They Did Not Sneak Across The Borders and They Were Not Dragged Into Another Country Before They Were Old Enough To Know Better. If You Really Want To Go There,,,,,,,,,,, "

The POOfus and congress criminals have zero authority to circumvent immigration laws of other nations.. Fed Reserve troops didn't abide by local Iraq / Afghani laws and enter with a passport or local legal permission did they?.. no.. do troops for to Iraq DMV to get a drivers license?.. carry approved insurance?

Looks like sneaking across the border, un invited, to me. Just following orders hasn't been a valid defense since the Nuremberg Trials btw..

People in the US who demand everyone who comes here un invited obey all laws conveniently forget un-invited Americans in Iraq / Afganistan have total immunity from ALL local laws.. hypocritical much?

"You better obey all our laws.. while we operate above yours"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join