It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: the REAL last place for free speech on the Internet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Not sure if ATS admins approve or not but I found this wonder about the net and it is exactly what I thought.

The only true GLPer is an ex GLPer.

Dear GLPers,
I hope this post is going to be my first and last criticism of once beloved website GodlikeProductions.Com. Once beloved indeed, because GLP back then was true oasis of naked truth, the last stronghold of free speech on the Internet. But everything just changed for worse and if you are true GLPer I am sure you already know this. And I am sure you could be banned already while reading this. I am too, but let's not worry - getting banned from GLP these days is like having TruthTard certificate. (GLP members know what truth-tard means)
The doom of GLP forum escalated with Occupy Wall Street (OWS) uprising couple of days ago. GLP administrator (known as Trinity) started banning every single forum member who tried to express unbiased opinion on OWS background, OWS demands or tried to speculate on OWS ideology other than Trinity did. Such unbiased opinions in form of posts were being immediately deleted and their posters were banned without any explanations. Many of senior GLP members are now banned and perma-dumped from forum even after thousands of posts they made and years spent on forum.
It doesn't matter if you think OWS are communists or not. That's the subject you may want to discuss about. But there is no doubt that Trinity acts like fascist and there is no discussion about that. Getting banned for thinking out loud after years of posting at GLP makes you feel both used and betrayed.

As a matter of fact by this act YOU ARE BEING USED by TRINITY and GODLIKE PRODUCTIONS in most fascist way... and here is how:      

Did you ever think how come Trinity is LOADED with money while sitting at his home and chatting about the news YOU are bringing to his knees? With every word YOU post at GLP, it is YOU who create his website, make it grow and make it appear in Google search results. So, new people who do the Google search find YOUR words within search results and get addicted to GLP. Then those people become paid subscribers or simply click on GLP ads which of course, makes a tons of money for Trinity. In other words, YOUR work makes money for Trinity.

And then Trinity bans you for having different opinion but your words stay there for years to come in order to make him even more money.

I do not know how you call it, but it all reminds me on fascist exploitation of human work.

I am sure no evil person. But if Trinity keeps on this way, he'll find himself alone with Phenn and TXGal one day at GLP. They'll be exchanging pics from their cats together.

Good Night GLP - Good Morning Fascism

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
ATS has a few issues every now and then and even I get a little ticked off but overall yes, I do feel like this is a sanctuary where I can share all of my discoveries and information I find important with other people.

Often times I feel that ATS is the way of the future because of the amazing level of freedom we can ascertain within these humble forums.

Sure nothing is perfect, but this place will allow you the freedom to make it as good as you want to make it by allowing you to contribute the knowledge you wish to share.It's up to you how good you want it to be, so make it great I say.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
ATS has many positive qualities that keep me coming back, however, TPTB wield their Edit abilities more than any site I've frequented; I would not say that "free speech" is a strong suit here. But, I do understand why they do what they do, I just think they do it a little too often. Sometimes I think they forget that this site is primarily geared towards adults.

ATS is a great website and I appreciate the efforts that go into making the threads relevant.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I read the thread title and nearly choked on my peppermint. Have you never noticed all of the pretty little graphics that are littered throughout the forums, here, which replace individuals' intended comments? Censorship is alive and well--even here.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alpinestar

GLP is starting to remind me of a cult...an increasingly paranoid leader entertaining increasingly extreme ideas, accepting absolutely no criticism, lashing out irrationally like a tyrant and surrounded by fawning yes-men.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Enforcing manners and decorum can be called censorship for sure.

But it is a necessary form of censorship IMHO.

What many seem to forget is that we are guests here, so the owners can enforce whatever rules they like, freedom of speech is a misnomer.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
I read the thread title and nearly choked on my peppermint. Have you never noticed all of the pretty little graphics that are littered throughout the forums, here, which replace individuals' intended comments? Censorship is alive and well--even here.

Funny that you say that...NO. But then i am not a ATS user for many years. But i personally eg. never saw ONE thread/reply of mine censored or deleted, even in "hairy" threads where people don't hold back and where it sometimes can get rather...wild. (Politics etc.).

I have seen "some" threads deleted from other users, but those are rant/hate threads where some disgruntled user voiced their anger against the site, users and the world in general etc... And as a webmaster i would do the same if i see a thread/posting would be rather negative for the site. You wouldn't want some random users posting all over your site how ####y this site and the users are either.

Aside from that..i see posts and threads of all kinds of the political spectrum and haven't seen them deleted here. So..no i haven't seen those "images" you refer to which are allegedly blocking comments.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Enforcing manners and decorum can be called censorship for sure.

Let's be thorough and include "civility" in there as well; shall we?

The powers that be have worked long and tirelessly--for many a year--to be sure that you remember that word... civility. Not including it in the same line as manners and decorum is the ATS equivalent of blasphemy.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by alpinestar
ATS: the REAL last place for free speech on the Internet!

Create a thread about certain natural growing plants, see what happens and then tell me if you still think A.T.S is the last place for free speech.

top topics

join