It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial Lunacy.....!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Unfortunately I do not have access to a scanner, but will reiterate a letter sent to a friend of mine regarding attending a cricket match governed by the England and Wales Cricket Board.

START OF LETTER
Dear Spectator,

On behalf of The England and Wales Cricket Board I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of the ICC Champions Trophy.

International sporting events of this nature require the support of commercial partners who invest considerable sums of money both in the event and in the sport itself. The investment from crickets' commercial partners both globally and here in England and Wales has enabled the game to make huge steps forward, indeed, without this financial input it is unlikely that this prestigious world class event would be taking place. I would therefore like to take this opportunity to bring to your attention that non-alcoholic beverages (including water and soft drinks) not produced by Pepsi, and crisps & snacks not produced by Walkers will not be permitted into the venue for matches during the Tournament.

Should you be planning to bring any food or soft drinks with you please consult the list of authorised products below. You are very welcome to bring these items into the ground should you wish to do so. By doing this, you will be supporting both the event and the commercial partners who have enabled this to happen.

Category - Product
Water (still or sparkling) - Abbey Well
Fruit Juice - Tropicana (entire flavour range)
Cola/Diet Cola - Pepsi, Pepsi max, Diet Pepsi
NonCola - 7up, 7up light, Mirinda (orange flavoured drink), Tango, Ice Blast
Sports Drinks - Gatorade
Other Mixers - Britvic range (not in glass containers)
Crisps or Snacks - Walkers range of crisps or snacks
Iced Tea - Lipton Iced Tea

Certain Pepsi and Walkers products will be available for purchase at the grounds.

END OF LETTER

So they are actually going to search 6,500 cricket fans to make sure they aren't carrying non-sponsor endorsed products.

I guess it won't be long before we have to pledge allegiance to a particular sponsor when we come of age.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hey- be happy they let you bring in stuff. here in america that doesn't fly. You buy our $8.50 beer and our $7 nachos or you get nothing. Let you bring in stuff to eat and drink..wow, what a concept.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
He he, Koka, that is crazy!

We went to a England v NZ at Durham this year (England were rubbish by the way) and we were told that you couldn't take alcohol into the ground, so we turned up really sdrunk with cans and bottles of vodka down our pants...only to find that this wasn't policy on the day!!!

I would be suprised if this was actually enforced on the day...but you never know!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
"Due to commercial sponsorship, the following clothing items will only be allowed to be worn into the stadium:"

new topics

top topics

join