It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Won't Be Offended if I Wish You A "Merry Christmas", Will You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I do wish each and every person on ATS a warm and Merry Christmas!

I hope a greeting from a person who is of one faith towards someone who may be of another is not offensive. I mean seriously, how close minded can we be not to accept a greeting of warmth, love and good wishes no matter what their faith is. And to those of faiths other than my own, I welcome your religious greetings of joy and peace and love. Let's face it, in the end, we may have different names for him, but we all report to the same guy upstairs.
And together, hand in hand and with love in our hearts, we can stamp out that horrid "Happy Holidays" once and for all!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nope.

...and I say, and would, Merry Christmas to you.

Or any other holiday greeting. I may not share the belief, but I'll sure respect it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
Thanks.

I hope a greeting from a person who is of one faith towards someone who may be of another is not offensive.
It's not, at least to me.

Let's face it, in the end, we may have different names for him, but we all report to the same guy upstairs.
The difference, in this case, is that I don't believe in the existence of any guy upstairs, but I am not offended by someone giving me their wishes of a warn and merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Not even a sliver...

Merry Christmas to you, your family and your friends!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

No offense taken here. The reason for the season is warmth, family and tolerance, regardless of the Faith we follow to get there, eh?

Merry Christmas from me and mine to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm not offended at all... And I wish people a Merry Christmas even though we don't celebrate the holiday ourselves. We spent today going through all our old records and purging the file cabinets of years worth of paper. And we're having turnips and ham for dinner.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
No offence on my end, even though I am Catholic. To me, all holidays from all religions are important. They all symbolize a special day for those members of a specific culture. It makes me happy to know people still hold onto their traditions.

I know Christmas was originally Yule turned into the day of the birth of Christ to convert Pagans, to me that neither is opposed to my religion nor does it diminish the importance of the day. Actually, the Pagan roots of the holiday make it even more special because it combines my ancestors’ traditions with the spiritual beliefs of my religion.

Merry Christmas to everyone; Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, Taoist, native, and other.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A very Merry Christmas to you and to everyone!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

It's always amazing that people rant "Can't say merry christmas" on TV news.

Yet, even in the stores around here, it's all I've heard the past couple days.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Festivus for the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Thank You jupiter869, and a Merry Christmas to you too ! Ah , what about Happy New Year ! ? Is that Still Hopeful to say Nowadays considering the State of the Entire World Right Now ? .........

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thank you very much sir! And a very merry Christmas to you as well!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wouldn't be offended, even though I am not Christian. It's a nice greeting gesture, however.

A Merry Christmas to you! Yuletide, etc, Blessing to others!
edit on 25-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869

I hope a greeting from a person who is of one faith towards someone who may be of another is not offensive. I mean seriously, how close minded can we be not to accept a greeting of warmth, love and good wishes no matter what their faith is. And to those of faiths other than my own, I welcome your religious greetings of joy and peace and love. Let's face it, in the end, we may have different names for him, but we all report to the same guy upstairs.
And together, hand in hand and with love in our hearts, we can stamp out that horrid "Happy Holidays" once and for all!

I find it amusing you said, and I quote "how close minded can we be not to accept a greeting of warmth, love and good wishes", and right after that you conclude it with "we can stamp out that horrid "Happy Holidays" once and for all!"

How "close minded" and hypocritical is that one?

edit on 25-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well I'm so happy NOBODY is offended.

But if that's the case WHY do we have to say Happy Holidays in order to be politically correct?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I whole heartedly agree! Thank you and all the best to you and yours.

This is a season of caring and sharing... it's too bad it doesn't happen all year long. but at least at one time of the year, most people put aside their differences. These are the moments when we can thank whatever is watching over us and cherish what we have and those we have it with

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't be offended, I love Christmas! However, I think Happy Holidays has a nice ring to it. Not too sure why you think it sounds horrid, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. Well since Christmas has passed, I hope you have a prosperous New Year!

new topics

top topics

join