It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sincere Apology to the People of Iran (cuz we're about to destroy you)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

DarkRunner - sure Iran is not the PERFECT society.

But then again, Saudi Arabia has an even more horrendous record on civil rights, and we aren't weekly having news stories about them. And Iran is more tolerant of other religions and it's people aren't starving so that a few Sheiks can have bigger palaces around the world.

Let's have some perspective here; we have allies that are some of the worst of the worst, and we selectively single out any nation that; Does not trade oil/resources in dollars or have "production sharing agreements" with multinational corps, Is not a member of the world bank, or does not buy weapons from the USA.

The USA hasn't acted out of some sense of Security, or Noble intention -- nor even of making Democracy thrive -- it only has a record of attacking nations that aren't rolling over for the same elite who pull our strings.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Parody

Dear people of Israel,

I am an Iranian. I am a man with a family.

Our news media has been making Israel out to be the enemy lately. We are the DESTROYERS of peace.

But when I say "We" I do not mean Iran.... I hope you continue reading to understand that the "we" I mention here is not Iranians.... it is a holy war. It is war for the prophets and ayatollahs. "We" the people of Iran are NOT the ones who wish to attack you - to be honest I don't know ONE SINGLE PERSON who is for attacking Israel.

There is a rogue group of religious people (if you can call them that) who thrive on destroying other people; they are evil. If there is an enemy it is not the Iranian people. Follow the Qur'an.

After reading this morning U.S. District Court Rules Iran Behind 9/11 Attacks (discussed in this ATS thread by WarJohn) I got sick to my stomach. I am very sorry, but the masses, the people of Iran are too spineless, weak, ignorant, and gullible followers of our corrupt theocracy that "We" will not stop the attrocities committed in our country's name. For that I am deeply sorry. I urge you to take cover, move out, whatever it takes because you are about to meet the world's largest and most advanced army of terrorists. I am so sorry.

I am sorry because I see you as people, as mothers and fathers and people working to pay for food, people with little babies, people with bills and maybe a car, struggling to wonder if you should stick with tradition or take off your kippahs. I see you as PEOPLE just as I see my neighbors and friends as people. I wish you luck and warmth and Love from one person to another.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I too side with Iran on this issue. Or military industrial complex has gotten out of control and is an evil entity that must be dismantled. They lie to our faces to make money. They have ruined our lives.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I write this with passion and with a sad heart.

Dear people of Iran,

I am an American. I am a man with a family. I am not a Christian nor a Muslim nor a Jew.

Our news media has been making Iran out to be the enemy lately. I know we sold you weapons once upon a time, as well as sold weapons to Iraq. We use heinous means to be the world bully, the hegemonic leader and horder of money. We bomb countries and create media lies in those countries creating civil war and separation within the masses. We are the DESTROYERS of peace.

But when I say "We" I do not mean America.... I hope you continue reading to understand that the "we" I mention here is not Americans.... it is a War Machine. It is war for profit. "We" the people of America are NOT the ones who wish to attack you - to be honest I don't know ONE SINGLE PERSON who is for attacking Iran.

There is a rogue group of elite people (if you can call them that) who thrive on destroying other people; they are evil. They own the companies who make war equipment and they own the companies who rebuild and profit off war-torn countries - companies like Halliburton, Bechtel, Blackwater... If there is an enemy it is not the American people. Follow the money.

After reading this morning U.S. District Court Rules Iran Behind 9/11 Attacks (discussed in this ATS thread by WarJohn) I got sick to my stomach. I am very sorry, but the masses, the people of America are too spineless, weak, ignorant, and gullible followers of our corrupt mass media that "We" will not stop the attrocities committed in our country's name. For that I am deeply sorry. I urge you to take cover, move out, whatever it takes because you are about to meet the world's largest and most advanced military. I am so sorry.

I am sorry because I see you as people, as mothers and fathers and people working to pay for food, people with little babies, people who are straight or gay, competitive or kind, people with bills and maybe a car, struggling to wonder if you should stick with tradition or take off your hijab. I see you as PEOPLE just as I see my neighbors and friends as people. I wish you luck and warmth and Love from one person to another.

You are wasting your breath if you think they care. Go over there wearing a shirt with an american flag on it and see what happens to you. They aren't going to give a damn what you are, wether youre a christian or not (and thanks for blaming us for this mess btw).

Start learning to say Allahu'a'ahkbar. Having no religion to them is worse than being a jew or a christian because you don't believe in the one true God.

Some people just can't stop overgeneralizing.... discouraging. Not all middle-eastern people hate americans and yes, it is the american military-industrial complex that is largely to blame..... enough illusions

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is a nice thread, but I think we're assuming too much regarding the people of Iran, and the course of action that needs to take place.

I know many Persian people, and they are extremely kind, intelligent, and pro-american. They all have one common trait, and that is the fact that they love Iran and its people, but the leadership over there really sucks.

The Ayatollah is basically like the antithesis of the Pope. (I know many people think the Vatican is evil too, but that can be discussed in another thread) He has the final say over what happens in Iran, and Mahmoud is his messenger boy of anti-americanism, anti-semitism, and basically ultra-fundamentalist radical Islamic theology.

I cannot imagine what our little snow globe would look like when looking from the outside in, as I was fortunate enough to be born into one of the most affluent parts, or the richest country the world has ever seen. I only know what my life experience has shown me, and my life has been pretty damn good.

However, the people of Iran are more westernized than the media and govt would have you think.

Remember the rioting that took place, when the people attempted to VOTE out their corrupt and crooked leaders, only to be right back to square one? They were wearing trendy western style attire, and expressing their outrage on their cell phones and laptops. Sound familiar? They made the occupy protests here seem like a bunch of bratty college kids.

Yet we must always remember that anyone can be touched at any time. Look how easy (supposedly) it was to get Sasddam. The Iraqis didnt put up much of a fight because they knew they needed new leadership.

Iran could literally be "free" in a matter of hours if we hit them with an EMP, sent in a special forces team, combined with high altitude predator style drones.

Its my personal belief that every leader in the world is in their respected positions because they were allowed to reach that point. Once there, they either get with the program of TPTB or they lose their jobs fast. We all like to think that the world is as simple as good guys and bad guys, but its more like everything is a proverbial gray area,
edit on 27-12-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It does suck that Obama will do just about anything to stay in power, even start a war.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Could have fooled me. You're as ignorant as one.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Way to perpetuate the myth man. You only know what you've been told, obviously, which is why you parrot it with the efficiency of a CNN reporter. Read between the lines or that oath of yours isn't worth a dingleberry in a bowl of soup.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
It does suck that Obama will do just about anything to stay in power, even start a war.

What war has Obama started? Starting wars is a Bush tactic and even then it was said that extra help with the Ohio vote was needed for Dubya to stay in power.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am prepared to be flamed from one side of ATS to the other, but please hear me out..

I may not agree with the direction of our government, I may not agree with our voting system, and politicians.. I strongly believe that our country has been corrupt for well over a century.. However..

I do have a family, a home, a car, and a number of friends which I consider family. While the people of Iran may not be directly responsible for threats made or carried out against the United States, I fully support blowing the country off the map if it secures the safety of those I love.

War is morally questionable from nearly all angles and you can label me as selfish, fascist, etc.. But at the end of the day I could care less about the people of Iran. If you disagree with our course of action, there is a whole world of developed countries with arms wide open for you to reside in.

Thanks for reading. Flame away....................

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder While the people of Iran may not be directly responsible for threats made or carried out against the United States, I fully support blowing the country off the map if it secures the safety of those I love.

War is morally questionable from nearly all angles and you can label me as selfish, fascist, etc.. But at the end of the day I could care less about the people of Iran. If you disagree with our course of action, there is a whole world of developed countries with arms wide open for you to reside in.

Safety is a relative thing. To be as safe as possible, you would live in an empty world and would still have to risk the effects of gravity and nature; lightning does strike unexectedly. Blowing a country off the map is not the best way to increase safety. It would be best to try other things first and not make more enemies by blasting a country to bits unnecessarily. If it comes down to it, blowing the part containing the leadership or weapons off the map may do the trick without glassing everything over.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Great thread!

Heard an interview with Lindsey Williams who's inside source told him that Iran will be provoked into making the first move towards war. The source says around Sept/Oct 2012. We'll see what happens.

These "elitists" are satan's army. That's the first thing to learn. We are in a war of good and evil. Look around yourselves. Too much greed, power, anger, love of money. Pure evil.

To the people of Iran ... we Americans don't war with anyone for any reason. Too many people have already died because these evil people want what someone else has! Greed!! We all have to learn the truth and protect ourselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

But then again, Saudi Arabia has an even more horrendous record on civil rights, and we aren't weekly having news stories about them. And Iran is more tolerant of other religions and it's people aren't starving so that a few Sheiks can have bigger palaces around the world.

Let's have some perspective here; we have allies that are some of the worst of the worst, and we selectively single out any nation that; Does not trade oil/resources in dollars or have "production sharing agreements" with multinational corps, Is not a member of the world bank, or does not buy weapons from the USA.

The USA hasn't acted out of some sense of Security, or Noble intention -- nor even of making Democracy thrive -- it only has a record of attacking nations that aren't rolling over for the same elite who pull our strings.

Don't even get me started on Saudi Arabia. F#cking Wahabi spreading a-holes. That's something we should create an entirely different thread for.

And as I said, we have no reason to be involved in Iran, but the OP needs to stop making it sound like we would be bombing a Smurf village, where they are all dancing around singing the "La-la-la" song and Papa Smurf is wondering what went wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

You cleary failed to notice the emphasis on "you people"

And the dutch served NATO, not the USA, and pulled out as soon as they were legally allowed to.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder
I am prepared to be flamed from one side of ATS to the other, but please hear me out..

I may not agree with the direction of our government, I may not agree with our voting system, and politicians.. I strongly believe that our country has been corrupt for well over a century.. However..

I do have a family, a home, a car, and a number of friends which I consider family. While the people of Iran may not be directly responsible for threats made or carried out against the United States, I fully support blowing the country off the map if it secures the safety of those I love.

Bravo

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Sheesh, is it any wonder they are a bit defensive?

Of course we can defend Iranians detention of hikers and the subsequent ransoming of said hikers on American hostility. They are surrounded by enemies!

Sorry, i dont buy it. If they have a problem with the US, fine, but to kidnap and then ransom hikers is a bit much.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The best thing Iran can do is start cooperating pronto. Just get rid of the nuclear program, and stop threatening Israel every 5 seconds. I wouldn't even give NATO or the US government a reason, best strat ever.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"I am very sorry, but the masses, the people of America are too spineless, weak, ignorant, and gullible followers of our corrupt mass media that "We" will not stop the attrocities committed in our country's name. For that I am deeply sorry"

I sir take that as an insult, further I imagine you to be a self righteous pacifist. Standing on your podium spewing your dislike of the country offers you freedom, even after you speak disparagingly of it. Your apparent cowardice is appalling.
Yet you would enjoy the freedoms that this country offers and likely insist on your share.
I sir am a VET and I look at people who speak as you do with disgust. Thats all I have to say on this thread, it repulses me.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Don't even get me started on Saudi Arabia. F#cking Wahabi spreading a-holes. That's something we should create an entirely different thread for.

And as I said, we have no reason to be involved in Iran, but the OP needs to stop making it sound like we would be bombing a Smurf village, where they are all dancing around singing the "La-la-la" song and Papa Smurf is wondering what went wrong.

but the OP needs to stop making it sound like we would be bombing a Smurf village, where they are all dancing around singing the "La-la-la" song and Papa Smurf is wondering what went wrong.

.. bombing ANYONE without a justification for war is wrong, evil, and the greatest of all crimes. How much lower do "Patriots" have to lower the bar to still think America is some noble country? Other than finding good parking spaces, and getting to go to Disney World when we want -- what is it that WE do that is better than other nations?

Sure, Iran has some backwards bad things they do to THEIR people -- and in Zuccoti park, because protestors are challenging the status quo, people are left in stress positions for 8 hours without relief and pepper sprayed while Obama is on TV admonishing Syria and Egypt about their treatment of prisoners.

America has become a joke. And those who whine about "blame America first" for anyone who dares bring up the crimes we commit for cheap resources or some international chess game, are as bad as any parent who never punishes a child for shoplifting. It's the same thing. We criticize because we care.

>> Iranians don't have to be "Smurfs" for them to have the right not to be bombed by the US. They are not a signatory to non-proliferation treaties. Israel is concerned about Iran getting nukes but they have nukes, and so does Saudi Arabia and the UAE is on the way to getting them -- so it's basically, the moral equivalent of; "do as we say, not as we do, or we blow you up!"

Excuse me if I can't join a parade for the USA winning in Iraq, or being the world's latest imperial power. What people seem NOT to realize is that the same injustice our military has meted out around the world, is being brought to bare in this nation. Police offices are getting drones and tanks, while School teachers hold bake sales for books. Wall Street hands out bonuses, while Republicans want to "trim" Unemployment Insurance extensions.

I just don't understand why I have to debate this with people.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

wow, I can see comments on news sites are heating up, and the scary part of it is that people are happy that Iran is "next" but the f4cking sheeps dont understand it, ignorent !@#$%^..

be strong Iran.

new topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join