It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sincere Apology to the People of Iran (cuz we're about to destroy you)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I agree with the sentiment of the thread. However I also agree with the poster who said the Iranian people won't care. They won't and as the collateral damage mounts we will be creating many more enemies. Even though we the people may be against attacking Iran we are ultimately responsible for who we allow to represent us as leaders. Its way past time to ge off the effin couch but still to many Americans are largely oblivious to what is going on.

It i a damn shame to destroy all the good will many of the Iranian people have toward America for corporate greed and lust for power.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'll sign on this because the war is useless and just another way to get drugs into the country and hurt the people and the planet even more

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Most if not all wars are a response by governments when diplomacy ends. This war, if it happens, will be like the other ones. OP, do you have a crystal ball? How do you know they are going to be destroyed or about to be destroyed?

I have been watching the headlines and broadcast news reports. I have not seen anything in the form of a war whatsoever against the Islamic Republic of Iran. Perhaps some alleged covert actions by both sides, but that is all. All governments conduct such business even during peace times. That is a far cry from land invasions and bombings. With all do respect, but you are stirring the pot.

It seems many are doing their utmost to make an already controversial issue even more controversial. You are apologizing for something that has not even happened yet? To set the record straight, one side has issued warnings and demands to another through an international body. Another side, is conducting themselves as they see fit. All any of us can do is sit and wait. No need apologizing or making an amends for something that has not even happened. It is counterproductive, and a waste of time. Let me apologize for having nothing to apologize about. Sorry.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

By extension then arent the Iranian people responsible for who they elected as their leaders then?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by empireoflizards

You almost nailed it and I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Iran nationalized there oil because the British were stealing it. The British got Roosevelt to join them and the Cia was sent in to coup a Democratically elected Iranian government. The Shaw was installed by the Cia and was not real nice to the Iranians. Iranians got smart and kicked his A out and held our embassy hostage. It was all about oil to start with.
Now if you tie this to a you tube video on Fora with a speech by Wesley Clark you will see where we are today.
Wish I could place the you tube video here, but not that computer savy. Maybe another member can catch up on accomplishing that.?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Truth be told, if the Iranian leaders would act like civilized human beings and comply with the request of the MAJORITY OF THE FREE WORLD to stop their pursuit of nuclear weapons

sorry, pal, where do you ever see "civilized human" ???
scum of white house you name that way, huh ???
why do Israel or USA have nukes & no one has pounded'em of ?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I will respond to this thread in depth tomorrow after I've had some rest.

There are so many misguided, misinformed, and deluded individuals posting on here that I am astounded. Maybe evolution is a myth because the weakest are on top and in mass in here. Some of you have absolutely no survival instinct at all. Some of you must be teenagers or college students but surely not all of you are. The visual I get of you while reading this thread is of the character in the movie bubble boy. Everything safe and cozy your whole world is inside that bubble and nothing can harm you in their.You think the whole world is like your bubble.

I've been up over 48 hours it's time for me to go to sleep but the rest you need to wake up.

A oil rich nation says it neads a nuclear power plant. For what? Electricity, get real.

Solar power is cheaper to produce than nuclear power. Anyone who tries to say Iran only wants nuclear energy is fooling themselves. Anyone that believes that please see a doctor ASAP there something wrong with you.

There will not be a war with Iran from the United States. If they continue to follow their nuclear program there will probably be surgical strikes but not a war. If Iran does not want to be attacked it is really simple stop trying to make nuclear weapons.

If anyone wants to send a letter to Iran then send that one.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Solar power is cheaper to produce than nuclear power.

nice joke, my friend
Please, recall to me capacity factor of nuclear plant & solar plant

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Wow, really?
Iran in Farsi is Arian, and there is a deep historical tie to the Nazi's, not that it really matters.
Sure, it's none of our business Iran is building nukes; they're a peaceful people after all.
True their goal is to hasten the return of the 12th Imam otherwise known as the Mahdi, and the stated goal of Iran is the extermination of Israel, but that's none of our business after all.
Did you know Iran claims they don't have an Aids problem, and homosexuality does not exist in Iran? How can Iran make that claim? Homosexuality does not exist because they exterminate any they do find.
Whether the US attacks is up to Iran isn't it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Ok, I'm just going on memory here, but Iran has oil but very limited means to refine it. Why? I don't know right now. Also, electrical power comes from coal, natural gas, and nuclear power. If those weren't the best three, I'm sure the rest of the world would be using something else...like solar as you mentioned. Finally, where's the evidence of nuclear weapons? I've yet to hear of any. The latest reports that claim to have nailed them still admit in the fine print that at best it's all circumstantial. Independent analysts still have doubts about the accuracy of those reports anyway.

But, go right ahead...set us all straight after you get your sleep.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pap1148
reply to post by empireoflizards

You almost nailed it and I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Iran nationalized there oil because the British were stealing it. The British got Roosevelt to join them and the Cia was sent in to coup a Democratically elected Iranian government. The Shaw was installed by the Cia and was not real nice to the Iranians. Iranians got smart and kicked his A out and held our embassy hostage. It was all about oil to start with.
Now if you tie this to a you tube video on Fora with a speech by Wesley Clark you will see where we are today.
Wish I could place the you tube video here, but not that computer savy. Maybe another member can catch up on accomplishing that.?

If only more people....like EVERYONE, knew about this little tidbit of history, things would be seen in a much different light. Those who argue that there is nothing wrong with US or British foreign policy, or that ME countries hate us because we're "free" really need to study these very important examples of corruption occurring in the deepest bowels of western civilization.
edit on 26-12-2011 by empireoflizards because: grammar

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulParasite

How old are you?
Do you really think that you can live in peace with peoples that will kill you because you are listening to "american" music or wear jeans? They are (not all of them...) religious fanatics mate... You cant argue with them. You cant even talk with them. They want to kill us or make us grow beards and beat our wifes (you cant have a "girlfriend" there, its like in middle ages) not live in peace with us.
They are worse than talibans...

Ummm are you serious? Do you know anyone from Iran? Anyone who has lived there?

First off THEY WEAR JEANS TOO. They may not have access to a lot "American Music" but they do indeed have music, and plenty of it. Good music too.

They are not all religious fanatics.... Are all people who live in the Bible Belt religious fanatics? No. Maybe there are some, but most are not. A practicing Muslim or a practicing Christian does not make them fanatic.

You CAN talk with them. I question why you want to argue though? You can surely debate with them, arguing... well you really can't argue with an American who is stuck in their ways, or a Russian stuck in their ways or a Mexican stuck in their ways or a (PICK ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE) who is stuck in their ways. You see, there are people of all kinds, from all places.

And this statement:

They want to kill us or make us grow beards and beat our wifes (you cant have a "girlfriend" there, its like in middle ages) not live in peace with us.

Really? Isn't the motto of ATS 'Deny Ignorance'???

I have a good friend who is Persian, born and raised in Iran, who is now living in the states. SHE has been here for 3 years. We talk about the way things are 'back home' all the time, as I am an American and I am intrigued by their culture (among many others). She has had boyfriends before. As in more than one. When she was in high school, she hid it from her parents, and when they found out they weren't too happy. Her punishment? To bring the boy over for dinner with the family so they can get to know him. They continued to date for about a year after that. Then she attended university and had another boyfriend. Her mom didn't like the guy much, and eventually it didn't work out, but again... I tell you this simply to explain that your statement is wayyy off base. I've been invited by her and my other Persian friends to visit Iran. Her mother insists that I will love it. I would love to go.

Oh, and her dad doesn't have a beard, nor does he give a rats ass if I have one.

No, the Iranian government is not innocent. However, they have not attacked the US, nor are they a threat to us. Some of the nicest, most caring, and generous people I have ever met come from Iran. And at the end of the day, it is the people that make the country, not the government. I am American (as I've stated several times, I know) and I love my country. But I disagree with MOST of what the US gvmt does. I hope that the Iranian people would not judge ME based on my country's gvmt's actions - and here's the thing.... most of them wouldn't.

So why judge the Iranian people based on their government's actions?

Oh yeah, I am 29. The friend I specifically referred to in this post is 28. So that means she lived in Iran for the first 25 years of her life. Things are different there, indeed. But not like you think they are.
edit on 26-12-2011 by cwilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NKAWTG

Did you know Iran claims they don't have an Aids problem, and homosexuality does not exist in Iran? How can Iran make that claim? Homosexuality does not exist because they exterminate any they do find.

I am aware of the issue with homosexuality in Iran and how Ahmadinejad publically stated it doesn't exist.

Are you aware that they offer free sexual-reassignment surgery to people who are gay? They feel being gay is immoral so they switch the sex of the homosexual person; they are not "exterminated"

Yes, it's a mess and there's a lot of ignorance and severe issues with that area of Islam.

Still the question remains... should America KILL these people for that!!?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pap1148

FORA Wes Clark video series links

"I just got this memo from the Secratary of Defense's Office: it says we're gonna attack and destroy the governments in seven countries in five years; we're gonna start with Iraq and there we're gonna move to Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Iran"

There are quite a few ATS threads on Wes Clark's statement already. I didn't compare dates or anything just chose the tip in the list:
ATS: Ret. Gen. Wesley Clark 2007 Speech: Alleges 5-year Plan to Topple 7 Middle Eastern Governments

edit on 26-12-2011 by Thermo Klein because: added ATS link

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I am sure the andromedian council will not let the us/ elites start this war. To the council please rip these bastards from their base and stargate them to another universe. To Iran we love you and we understand that the war drum is bull crap. The citizens of the west can do something and not support any war at all. I mean all the western nations. The bad guys a running out of time before the large conscious change of 2012. No awakened person believes Iran is a threat. Citizens of the world do not let them start this war.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I agree. I also apologize. But, we, as in the people who agree with the op, should also be pleading to Russia and China to not kill us all when they wish to retaliate on behalf of the deceased Iran, because we all know thats what is going to occur. So please, China, Russia, spare my life when my government makes a huge mistake of emperical power. I do not wish to say goodbye to this world in such horrible fashion.

calm down pal, russia and china do not have the capacity to wage war on the usa. only war they will fight with usa is when they themselves are attacked. i recently read a paper on russian airborne division the elite of russian army. if topics discussed and facts revealed in that paper were true, then the ground war between usa and russia will be over in 36 hours at the most. such is the shambled state of russian army even now. russia's only bargain chip right now are the nukes and that is why they are loudly protesting against the bmd missiles in poland and czech. russians themselves know how big mess they are in.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Iran will soon flex its full capabilities in the coming weeks and months ahead. They could bring the world to our knees in the process. Our exit from Iraq will leave a vacuum so vast that their rise will be easy, immense, exponential, warring, and fatal. One Iranian naval blockade, or *real* threat of one, in the Straight of Hormuz, will create an economic disaster for the world overnight. They've already started their naval "war games" in the vicinity as a warning of their growing strength in the region. Oil could rise over $150 - $175/barrell in one day if they decide to shut Hormuz down. That will absolutely cause economic global chaos. Moreover, it's well known they want to wipe Israel (and all Jews) off the globe. One Iranian launch of a tactical nuclear warhead in Jeruseluem and WWIII will be set in motion. I agree, there are innocents in Iran; as in the US. I fear for for all of us. I concede that our governments, unfortunately, dictate foreign policy regardless of their peoples' voice. I'm also afraid Iran holds the keys in the coming future as our response will be reactionary only. Their lives, as you suggest, are most certainly in the hands of our honed war machine. I hope I'm wrong...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Although I would not like US to attack Iran but regarding people in muslim world take a note of this fact just for cultural understanding.

The most brutal, cruel, tenacious willed, vengeful, fanactic people in the muslim world come from: Turkey, Iran and Afganistan. Fanatics to sum it but that does not mean they should be attacked and maimed especially when they have done nothing to hurt the US or West.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

Originally posted by Myendica
I agree. I also apologize. But, we, as in the people who agree with the op, should also be pleading to Russia and China to not kill us all when they wish to retaliate on behalf of the deceased Iran, because we all know thats what is going to occur. So please, China, Russia, spare my life when my government makes a huge mistake of emperical power. I do not wish to say goodbye to this world in such horrible fashion.

calm down pal, russia and china do not have the capacity to wage war on the usa. only war they will fight with usa is when they themselves are attacked. i recently read a paper on russian airborne division the elite of russian army. if topics discussed and facts revealed in that paper were true, then the ground war between usa and russia will be over in 36 hours at the most. such is the shambled state of russian army even now. russia's only bargain chip right now are the nukes and that is why they are loudly protesting against the bmd missiles in poland and czech. russians themselves know how big mess they are in.

i see you have caught a nasty nationalism bug. you are here trying to say that America is still so powerful and a force to be reckoned with, when our nation has no money, is tired of a decade long war, and has a broken government system. if you want to believe we are still such a world power go ahead, the rest of the world is waking up - including china.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join