It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sincere Apology to the People of Iran (cuz we're about to destroy you)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by boncho

Not at the level that the west does. You're missing the point btw. All the Iranian powers want is financial autonomy and we respond with a threat of war unless they install a westernized central bank. Do your research man. No offence.

Oh. they told you that is all they wanted?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
how can we stop this? how do we stop the killing and start to repair our integrity as a nation?

You/We can stop this exactly with the spirit of the OP!
Its a national thing to choose the leaders that represent peace and prosperity for their own country and others too.
But even more important is it to share humanity and humility between all humans worldwide.

With a free connection for everyone to the internet we can, despite all our differences, find our common grounds that unite us.
We all want peace, freedom and prosperity for ourselfes and so we should for every other human out there.

We have enough space and ressources for everyone when we the people unite and share.

These are common principles everyone should respect.

Our leaders screwed it. They sold their soul to groups of interest.
Everyone can choose and everyone can change. Even the sick people behind the curtains killing inoccent lives.

Let us all forgive our sins of the past and walk towards a bright future.

Peace united people of earth!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

And America hasn't been doing the Same ? even more so ! Question!!!!!!

2 wrongs = 1 right?

Come on now. Everyone can see the pressure building with Iran, but stop acting like America is the only country in the world using dirty tactics.

Jeez.

I'm not even American. But this idea that America is the only bully country out in the world is ludicrous. There are numbers of countries that would do the same or worse to west if given the chance.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
First off---- Obama & Company, especially Sec. of Defense --- Leon Pannetta, are trying to rattle the swords against Iran, to garner Obama's fading Jewish vote; which I would categorize that attempt as disgusting behavior.

My opinion ---- Is that we will not be able to forestall Iran's attempt to build a nuclear weapon short of all out nuclear war; conventional bunker buster's or not.

Any conventional or nuclear attack on Iran, will force the shutdown, by Iran, on the Straights of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf, the possible annexing of Iraq by Iran and solidify the political hold of Iran's powerful Mullah's

I do not have any answers to this vexing problem, but I feel like I'am being force fed alot of false propaganda, that could led the world to another long drawn-out war caused by some power hungry crazed Warlords.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Like I said, you're missing the point. Do the research.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hooberson3

don't take things out of context and don't put words in my mouth. first of all my answer was to the topic creator as he was apologizing to the iranian people.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Like I said, you're missing the point. Do the research.

You're missing the point. There is no reason for random people who make no decisions to apologize to another country.

Which is what this thread is based on...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
President Clinton put sanctions on China for selling military arms to Iran.

America couldn't sell military arms to China after that.

President Obama had the US State Department declare the LRAD sound weapon "not a weapon", so the United States could sell it to China.

What does everybody think Israel thinks about that? China will be copying the LRAD technology and giving it to Iran...which may end up being used on Israelis.

Israel's got to be pee'd off over that sale President Obama did. The War to slaughter the Iranians may very well see American LRAD sound weapons used against Israeli's. And I bet China's got those LRAD's amped up so they have deadly capabilities.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

You CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!

If you are... Get over yourself!!! And do it now!!!

He didn't need to clarify.. He said our "Apaches" blowing stuff up...

If I were you, I would be worried about what your comprehension level says about you!!!

Overly sensitive crap like this needs to go... I am sorry, not much makes me mad, but that was the most ridiculous damn thing I have ever read.

I assume, you realized your mistake, instead of bellying up to the big boys table, you pulled the indian card...

AND PEOPLE STARRED IT?? Beyond lost!! %$#%$#@%^@#$%^

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

You do realize he was referring to the HELICOPTER not the TRIBE when he was talking about apache's blowing things up right?

If not well ..... yeah.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

And you feel the need to tell everyone that? It is a small gesture but, like many Americans like you have obviously forgotten, God is in the small things. Just because it won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things does not mean that we shouldn't try to grasp at what little is left of our humanity.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You are not a random person. You are a citizen.

If your government cannot tell you why what they are doing is in your benefit, and fits with your ideals, you have both the right and the duty to call them to account.

They don't represent corporations. They don't represent some club. They don't represent trade franchises, or secret treaties.

They represent you. If they are not representing you, they have a right and a duty to make sure the World knows that they are operating in a way that is not okay.

I would say this is one of the least internally violent ways for citizens to draw attention to the extra-national non-citizen oriented interests of their incorrectly functioning government. Refuse to own your governments actions when they are not acting as YOUR government.

Then maybe our governments will deign to allow that they might actually need to explain their actions to the peons.
edit on 2011/12/26 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ALEXANDROS69

I am sorry I had to laugh here....couldn't help it!

Anyway...the idea of apologizing is admitting a wrong and trying to rectify it...the OP as far as I know has done nothing to Iran...and has no reason to apologize.

Just seems pointless...I mean...I say I an sorry all the time...and about half the time I mean it...the other half of the time I could care less!

Just my two cents on it!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
Go hike along their border, and casually step a foot or two over on their side of the line; then, after enduring whatever they decide to do to you--over a course of months or years--come back and share with us how sympathetic you are towards them.

Sheesh, is it any wonder they are a bit defensive?

edit on 26/12/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

They don't represent corporations. They don't represent some club. They don't represent trade franchises, or secret treaties.

They sure do represent a corporation, Every political party is listed as a corporation. They work for profit and power. We the people are nothing but their employees in the whole scheme. They dont work for you or me, we work for them.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

And you feel the need to tell everyone that? It is a small gesture but, like many Americans like you have obviously forgotten, God is in the small things. Just because it won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things does not mean that we shouldn't try to grasp at what little is left of our humanity.

I'm not an American.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The OP represents a complete lack of understanding about the Iranian people. Anyone naïve enough to believe the Iranians are all innocent victims of some American war machine is truly sad IMO. We’re talking about a society who believes it OK to stone a woman TO DEATH for ADULTRY!!!

Authorities in Iran say they are moving ahead with plans to execute a woman who was sentenced to death by stoning for adultery, but are considering whether to carry out the sentence by hanging instead.
link
Truth be told, if the Iranian leaders would act like civilized human beings and comply with the request of the MAJORITY OF THE FREE WORLD to stop their pursuit of nuclear weapons then they wouldn’t be staring down the barrel of a gun right now. They are bringing this upon their own people and have been for YEARS!! They will NOT negotiate!! Stop blaming America for Iran’s lack of civility and complete disregard for the security of its people. They’ve brought their country to this point and I feel no sympathy for them whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Funny how people DON'T think they're involved, with the wars that take place, in our world. Sure you are! Especially when, you have a J.O.B. that pays taxes, which goes towards the military industrial complex. Just because you SAY you're not a part of it, means NOTHING....when you're CONTRIBUTING towards it. The taxpayers are the people supplying the food, guns/ammo, clothing, housing, etc, etc. How else do you think they can continue going to war? They use YOUR hard earned money. Stop working your J.O.B. and become self employed; off the books! Then, you can say: "we, the people" are not part of it.

That's just ridiculous and unrealistic. Taxes also go toward national infrastructure. Do you expect people to lower their living standards? Actually do you work or are you claiming to be some kind of conscientious objector to justify not working or are you simply a tax dodger?
edit on 26-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Time and again Ive read posts on ats glorifying US troops as "heros". From the grunt to the commanders, all "heros" defending our freedoms, consumerist way of life and our so-called right to free speech. So, in going up the chain, grunts and above, we find an accurate cross-section of the US population. Furthermore, these individuals follow illegal, genocidal orders and are deeply admired by civilians who thank them "for their service" at every opportunity.

Then how can the population as a whole not be blamed? How can civilians who join up and follow these orders not be blamed? How about those US citizens that cheerlead and glorify their military on ats? If civilians didnt join this war machine, there would be no invasion of iran, iraq and afghanistan plus the carnage that ensues. Trying to solely scapegoat the old, bloodthirsty prunes in power is very hypocritical imo. Are these evil individuals' homes being stormed and brought to justice by a righteous, enraged populace?

Remember the various slogans like "freedom isn't free", the furious flag waving and yellow ribbons in every neighborhood? The US population does have blood on their hands imo. If not directly then indirectly by their extreme arrogance, willing ignorance, bigotry, and active support through funding and cowardly subservience to their criminal govt. At first glance I felt all warm and cozy reading the op, yet after thinking it thoroughly, this is just pointless ranting from a "good american" followed by chickenhawk cowards supporting the US govt and its bloodthirsty policies.

Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

I agree with you that the majority of the country supports our service members and our initial efforts in Iraq; that is not a secret.

You make it sound like such a bad concept that Americans support the defense of our nation. Were we mislead prior to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars? Maybe so!! Is that the fault of the general public? Obviously if we believe we’re doing what’s best for the future of our country the majority will be behind it.

It’s not blood thirst…it’s doing the job many of you who oppose war at all costs are too cowardly to do. Sometimes you don’t get a pat on the back for doing the right thing. I’ll live with that if it means my kids grow up in the America I know, and they don’t face the DAILY rocket attacks and nuclear threat Israelis face!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join