It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sincere Apology to the People of Iran (cuz we're about to destroy you)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow, every year they pin the blame on someone else so they can invade.

List of people and groups who have been blamed:

OBL
Al-Qaeda
Taliban
Saddam Hussein
Iraq
Pakistan
Afghanistan

and now we have Iran on the list, there are probably a few I missed, they seem to add another group every few months.

They must think everyone is a fool. It's starting to get really old and beyond dumb.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I agree with the sentiment of the OP..., and Lonewolf, you obviously don't know much about Persia (aka Iran). For centuries, the Persians have avoided offensive war. They consider it... offensive. Yes, their culture is very different from American culture... but they are the friendliest most hospitable people you have ever met.

You are also wrong about how average Iranians feel about Americans... average Iranians LOVE Americans... and they have been trying to make diplomatic connections with the U.S. for a lot of years now... efforts, which the U.S. government has ignored, and pretended haven't occurred... because it would obstruct the geo-political designs we have on that part of the world.

Another thing about Iran... it's sure as hell not Iraq, and as a people they are much more cohesive and aware of the importance of the Persian culture to their identity. Defensively... they are a fierce people.

And... they control the Straights of Hormuz, where the majority of the worlds oil has to pass on it's way to global markets. Strategically, they CAN shut it down, and it would be very difficult to dislodge their strategic advantage over the straights.

Here's some simple math...

If anyone wants to start a war with Iran... they have a deliberate intent to collapse the U.S. and international economy completely. You can take that to the bank. Oil will double or triple in price or more... and then there is also the likelihood the U.S. military will let Americans know... "...sorry, but we need all the oil resources for strategic reasons...

If Israel has any sense, they will avoid a conflict with Iran. But, there are some folks who want to collapse the economy... for reasons of their own, and we are just along for the ride.

ALL that said... I'm with the OP... it saddens me to watch and hear how poorly informed about history and geography most Americans are. As a consequence, our population at large will fall for anything coming down the media propaganda pipeline... and it all leads to more bloodshed and wasted lives and treasure.

May God help us all, and save us from ourselves and our idiot "rulers".

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'd like to apologize to the people of Iran ahead of the bombing also. I fought in the first Gulf War as a young 20some yr old who didn't know better. There's nothing I can do to stop the US stolen government run amok. I push for Ron Paul EVERYDAY, but as far as I can see, the Powers That Be, will simply change the voting results and everyone will buy it.

Looks like the will simply bomb u guys to submission, without the groundtroops. Bunker down and move away from "high value" targets.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Not going to happen till next fall...trust me. They will not cut-off the Straight of Hormuz until we get the NA Pipeline built & make no mistake that is why it is being built.

Peace

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I write this with passion and with a sad heart.

" 'cuz we're about to destroy you" is just your drama queen opinion. Apparently, you want to play the part of the "American-who-cares" and think that apologizing for something that hasn't happened, and most likely won't happen, will provide untold admiration for your openminded, Continental outlook.

The US is in no position to start another war and Bush and Cheney are no longer in power, thankfully. Iran with a nuke will be dangerous mainly to Israel and Israel has more than one. Iran should know what will happen should they do anything nuclear or if Israel gets cornered. How far will Iran go toward the edge? What will Israel do? Stuxnet 2? An accident at the Irani bomb factory? Plausible deniability is all that is required so that Russia or China don't have to respond with more than talk.

Put on your big girl panties and gather some facts before you post such whiney tripe.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I am an American Warrior that is stating :

Enough is enough! This is stupid; Nobody is trying to bomb us. Nobody is launching on us. Nobody is waging war with us. We are the aggressors in the name of pre-emptive strikes. Young or old, there has to be a time when you look deeply into what is actually happening. No problems in Afghanistan, no WMD's in Iraq; no problems with Libya, When is the last time they bombed your local school?

When did they take away your civil liberties? When did they shoot your family members?

When did we?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Im not going to sit here and defend the human rights abuses committed by the Iranian government but nor am I going to defend my own government's long list of war crimes and genocide.

The PEOPLE, American, Iranian, European, African, Asian, etc want the same thing: to be safe, have food, shelter and peace.

Why, of course…the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood.

But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

…the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

- Reichsmarschall Hermann Wilhelm Göring, Nazi founder of the Gestapo, Head of the Luftwaffe.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested.

Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

- U.S. Major General Smedley Butler

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Iran has been funding militant groups for awhile now. I am not saying whether they are right or wrong in their activities, just pointing out that they are not innocent in the matter. Their people have protested, and they have lost. They need to stand up and ask for change in their country, as do many others do...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
There have always been good people in Iran as there are good people in every country. Unfortunately, Iranians are muslims and Islam is intent on forcing us all to take up the backwardness, stupidity and nonsense of Islam. Those of you in the USA should be more worried by the silent jihad within your country than the violent jihad without.

Remember also that despite the good people in Iran, the Iranian Islamic Government would eliminate every last man and dog in the US at the drop of a hat, so don't feel too guilty or worried about getting in first if that's what happens.

It could well come down to a matter of kill or be killed, but don't forget the enemy is also within.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
An Australian signs this thread. A child born in Iran is equal to any of my future children. They cry the same when the ground shakes from bombs designed to break legs from earth tremor. Their skin catches on fire just the same when phosphorus bombs drop (think burning match). 'nuff said - I curse those preaching war.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer

i agree, it's terrible that a beautiful people's name has been attached to this horrible machine, but again i DID NOT NAME THIS MACHINE, the united states military did.

So why are you using that as an excuse?
Why dont you start to protest as well and not call it by a name that references a tribe of people you
say you respect? It starts with you. The buck stops with you.

If you are an US citizen you are paying for the military.
The military is simply an extension of YOU THE PEOPLE.
Its there to serve you. Make it serve you!

If it is being used wrongly, stop PAYING FOR IT!
REiGN it back, and rid it of those people who have used it for selfish gains.
But dont make excuses.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I went to school with a girl from Iran, her name is Sarah. Very cute girl and very normal. I spit on us if we do go to war.

U

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Wolfenz

Iran has been funding militant groups for awhile now. I am not saying whether they are right or wrong in their activities, just pointing out that they are not innocent in the matter. Their people have protested, and they have lost. They need to stand up and ask for change in their country, as do many others do...

What militant groups are you referring too?
Do you have evidence of this?
And are they actively engaged in your country killing US citizens?
If not, its non of your business. You are not the world Police Force.
You DONT have to trade with IRAN, but you cant tell other countries to impose sanctions.
Thats an act of war.

If the US didn't interfere in IRAN in the first place, we would have
had a thriving democracy there. So stop interfering and let the people
take back their country. This takes time! But it will happen,
but not when you threaten them, and especially not when you bomb them!

edit on 26-12-2011 by FoosM because: skipped a word

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Wolfenz

What militant groups are you referring too?
Do you have evidence of this?
And are they actively engaged in your country killing US citizens?
If not, its non of your business. You are not the world Police Force.
You had have to trade with IRAN, but you cant tell other countries to impose sanctions.
Thats an act of war.

If the US didn't interfere in IRAN in the first place, we would have
had a thriving democracy there. So stop interfering and let the people
take back their country. This takes time! But it will happen,
but not when you threaten them, and especially not when you bomb them!

+1.. Who is that golfing on your avatar? Kind of off topic but that is us if we keep screwing around, a hole in one.

U

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer

how can we stop this? how do we stop the killing and start to repair our integrity as a nation?

I believe we are too far gone for the proper response. The military industrial complex has had 50 years to build its insidious battle plans... and in those plans are surely contingency plans for anyone who gets in its way. At least, that is my belief.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robinoz
There have always been good people in Iran as there are good people in every country. Unfortunately, Iranians are muslims and Islam is intent on forcing us all to take up the backwardness, stupidity and nonsense of Islam.

Wrong again. Many Iranians are not practicing muslims.
As well as there are contingents of Jews and other groups that practice their own religion.
You want to bomb them too?

The largest portion of muslims live in the FAR EAST. Do you know which countries?
Are they forcing you to become Muslim? No.

What I do see though is the US and Europe forcing "western" thinking down everyone's throats.
Name me all the Muslim countries that have declared war and invaded other nations these past
100 years?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I really hope you are being sarcastic... If not allow me to add calrity... First They are reffering to the AH-64 hellicopter. Not the tribe of Native Americans. Second,whomever said that obviously doesn't know the full story or what it takes for them (the Apaches)to be authorized to engage a target. They don't just spray and pray.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL

+1.. Who is that golfing on your avatar? Kind of off topic but that is us if we keep screwing around, a hole in one.

U

Thats good old 007, Sean Connery

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

Originally posted by USarmyFL

U

Thats good old 007, Sean Connery

Ahh okay.. And to another poster about Iranians, I thought their main race/religion was persian? Not Muslim.. Or am I wrong..

*edit* Ahh I am wrong, I was thinking of somewhere else (Egypt?), guess it is Islam.

U
edit on 26-12-2011 by USarmyFL because: fix

edit on 26-12-2011 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

I am sorry because I see you as people, as mothers and fathers and people working to pay for food, people with little babies, people who are straight or gay, competitive or kind, people with bills and maybe a car, struggling to wonder if you should stick with tradition or take off your hijab. I see you as PEOPLE just as I see my neighbors and friends as people. I wish you luck and warmth and Love from one person to another.

Its a great post, but at the same time its a depressing post.
Because more can be done, right now.
When I read this, I feel like everyone in the US has given up already, and are like,
"OK, we'll just watch it all go down on CNN as usual.
Just like the Sun rises every morning, we will invade another country."
Because of a court ruling??

No. Thats not the way it has to be. Take back your country, and tell those
politicians that they serve YOU THE PEOPLE.
Dont pay for their illegal, immoral and selfish deeds.
If you dont want to OCCUPY, MARCH, then at least go on STRIKE!
Stop working and stop feeding the war machine.
Its time for a little sacrifice to set things straight.
You can probably turn it all around in week if you wanted to.

And it needs to be done right now, otherwise the fate of the Iranian's will be the fate
of the American people as well. You the people, need to take back your nation now.
I know many are doing this by voting for Ron Paul, but one man cannot fix everything.
Jesus is not going to save you, neither is Batman.

In other countries, China, Russia, Egypt, Iran, etc, people are and have spilt blood on the streets fighting for
fairness, equality and freedom. And they have done so because many have idolized the USA as the epitome of self rule. But thats not the case anymore. Have the Americans gone soft? Is it the fluoride? TV Programming? What is wrong with you people? Stop it already. There is more of you than you think.
The military is probably waiting for you to act, to rescue it out of the corruption.

Because if you dont... its Punishment Park for all you.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join