Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Solar Activity Watch 2012

page: 9
47
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

BRIGHT COMET DIVES INTO RADIATION STORM



A bright comet is diving into the sun.

It was discovered just last week by SOHO's SWAN instrument, so it has been named "Comet SWAN."
The comet's death plunge ( or "swan dive") comes just as the sun has unleashed a strong flare and radiation storm around Earth.
SOHO images of the comet are confused to some degree by energetic protons striking the camera. Nevertheless, you can see Comet SWAN moving through the electronic "snow" in this 3 hour movie:
source(www.spaceweather.com...




posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Boy....with all the military uptick, prison warnings, and crazy activity on the sun it sure points to something BIG happening. I'd be willing to bet that the sun will be unleashing a megastorm soon.

This is insane. Another comet hits? . Jeez.



posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This one could be from 1429.


gev_20120315_0501 2012/03/15 05:01:00 06:40:00 05:47:00 B8.1 S17W87 ( )
source(www.lmsal.com...

It's from 1428,they say.
edit on 15-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: add


Now they delete 1428




S17W87 ( )


Still they have to decide which one is...
edit on 15-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: mdfy



posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Small but Earth directed.


t39 gev_20120315_0723 2012/03/15 07:23:00 08:08:00 07:52:00 M1.8 N14W03 ( 1432 )
source(www.lmsal.com...



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Another new sunspot numbered 1438 on Tuesday did rotate into view off the southeast limb.
source(solarham.com...

Again I will be right,

the new formed 1438 will give a lot of troubles in the next days maybe weeks.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


Right about what?

There's been nothing of significance since the sunspot appeared and doesn't look like we'll get any kind of activity from any of the current earth sided sunspots.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Another new sunspot numbered 1438 on Tuesday did rotate into view off the southeast limb.
source(solarham.com...

Again I will be right,

the new formed 1438 will give a lot of troubles in the next days maybe weeks.


It looks like Spaceweather.com has given more bad news to Al Gore.

Apparently, there is a direct relationship between the weather on the sun and

the weather on the Earth.

- New? Frontier - Are you kidding me?

-- Solar storm activity in early March has dumped heat into the Earths upper

atmosphere. --

The sun is a major factor in Global Warming.


--------
Then there is that El Nino Effect - Geothermal Energy

So much for blaming mankind for destroying the Earth.


New book out: The Greatest Hoax by Sen. Inhofe.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)
edit on 23-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I hope 1429 will fade and not renamed.


STEREO-Behind (BEACON) SWAVES Type II and..? + GOES 15 XRS
source(sdowww.lmsal.com...



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
I hope 1429 will fade and not renamed.


STEREO-Behind (BEACON) SWAVES Type II and..? + GOES 15 XRS
source(sdowww.lmsal.com...

March 27, 2012 – ANOTHER CME FROM SUNSPOT AR1429: Transiting the farside of the sun, never-say-die sunspot AR1429 erupted during the late hours of March 26th, producing its 11th major CME.

The Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) photographed the cloud flying over the sun’s eastern limb. According to a forecast track prepared by analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab, the CMEwill hit two spacecraft, STEREO-B and Spitzer, on March 28th. Earth is not in the line of fire.

This event shows that AR1429, the source of several strong geomagnetic storms in early March, is still active. It will begin turning back towards our planet about a week from now. NOAA forecasters estimate a 30% to 45% chance of strong geomagnetic storms around the poles on March 28-29 in response to an incoming solar wind stream.
source(theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Earth hit by CME and YOU DIDN'T DIE!



I was wondering why the internet was so damn slow today, and this might explain it...


A CME expected to reach Earth on April 4th is overdue. The cloud might have missed or maybe it's running late. Mindful of a possible impact, NOAA forecasters estimate a 15% chance of polar geomagnetic storms on April 5th.


spaceweather.com...

For those of you who are more scientifically inclined (unlike me) you can get a detailed space weather report here:

www.swpc.noaa.gov...



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Earth hit by CME and YOU DIDN'T DIE!



I was wondering why the internet was so damn slow today, and this might explain it...


A CME expected to reach Earth on April 4th is overdue. The cloud might have missed or maybe it's running late. Mindful of a possible impact, NOAA forecasters estimate a 15% chance of polar geomagnetic storms on April 5th.


spaceweather.com...

For those of you who are more scientifically inclined (unlike me) you can get a detailed space weather report here:

www.swpc.noaa.gov...




The CMEs will be tame this year.

The magnetic poles on our sun did not flip February 2012.



posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Potentially significant spot turning the limb now. Shooting off M-class flares already.




posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz
 


I found a new Solar System Simulator today. It needs some work but not bad.

We need a Mac OS X version.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe
 


www.solarcycle24.com...

Solar Cycle 24 seems to have gone. I was looking at some stuff on it and refreshed the page and it came up "This account has been suspended"

Not sure if this is a money issue or an infringement issue. He did have quite a lot of stuff running in frames that probably should not have been.

Stilll it was a weel linked to site and 14,000,000 visitors in 8 years is not a bad tally.



posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lurking around the corner, seems to be a gargantuan beast of a sunspot.




(credit: www.solarham.com...)

I know size is not necessarily a measure of geomagnetic potency, but the scale is breathtaking! Maybe when it comes into full view we can get a better idea of its size compared to other spots in the cycle.

It also appears that background x-ray levels are 'baselining' at the C level. Possibly from the emergence of this sunspot on the earth side of the sun?
edit on 4-5-2012 by windowpane because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by windowpane
Lurking around the corner, seems to be a gargantuan beast of a sunspot.




(credit: www.solarham.com...)

I know size is not necessarily a measure of geomagnetic potency, but the scale is breathtaking! Maybe when it comes into full view we can get a better idea of its size compared to other spots in the cycle.

It also appears that background x-ray levels are 'baselining' at the C level. Possibly from the emergence of this sunspot on the earth side of the sun?
edit on 4-5-2012 by windowpane because: (no reason given)


Thanks for the solarham.com link.

More info than Spaceweather.com!

Sunspot 1476 looking like trouble.



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hey this coronal hole just looks like Italy, even the island of Mallorca is there.

Sunspot region 1476 is just marked at the south of france.I predict a big earthquake around that area in the coming days. Or will it be 1471 poited at Greece

www.solen.info...

Just a joke concerning the CH of several weeks ago that looked like a triangle

Ýou know what they say about imagination, right.
No serious, that sunpot region looks pretty nice, with a M-X flare probability of 60%, will be following it during its passing by.
spaceweather.inf.brad.ac.uk...

Thanks for the update
edit on 7-5-2012 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Here you go...Source

Enjoy...I don't have a Mac.

Thanks for the video. Enjoyed.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire
 


Hmm so this coronal hole is actually the trangle shaped CH from 2 solar rotations ago.
I wonder what shape it will bring in its next rotations.

triangle CH 2 rot. ago



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire
 


planet below an energy field.
just saying






top topics



 
47
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

log in

join