It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Activity Watch 2012

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

your link doesnt work.????
Forgot to add this its off topic but thought u may be interested.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 8-5-2012 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Here you go...Source

Enjoy...I don't have a Mac.

Thanks for the video. Enjoyed.

Thanks. I have 2 Macs.

One has Windows 7 running through the Apple Bootcamp Utility.

Windows version of Celestia running on it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm keeping a close eye on the sunspot situation.

Seems to be two mid-sized regions coming from the SW limb. Hopefully their complexity proves to be simple as the larger spot grows or shrinks in the coming days.

It has been somewhat quiet, no X flares just yet.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sunspot 1476 is now Beta-Gamma-Delta configuration, the most complex of magnetic configurations for a sunspot. Strong X-class flares are possible.

solarham.com...
edit on 8-5-2012 by windowpane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
According to SpaceWeather,

"Earth is entering the line of fire as the sunspot rotates across the face of the sun."

Here's left to right, the progression of the sunspot region since the 8th.

It has grown as you can see. The image of the 9th was taken early in the afternoon, the third was shot around midnight going into the 10th. I will post its increase or decline in growth in about 16 hours and will continue to do so until the spot turns the limb.

Hopefully it doesn't get much bigger, something like this would be menacing.

Radio burst (MP3) captured at 28 MHz and 21.1 MHz

"The strongest burst so far occured around 1631 UT on May 9th," reports Ashcraft. "I am observing at 28 MHz and 21.1 MHz. As I send this note I am hearing more bursting, indicating powerful magnetic dynamism within active region 1476."

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Just so you know what to look for.

This is what the Carrington Event sunspots looked like just before we got blasted

September 2, 1859.

I found it on Wikipedia.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yea it does seem like 1476 is gearing up for a larger flare. If you compare 1476 to 1429 (created two x-flares in March), you can see a sort of sawtooth pattern between the two. In 1429's case, this sawtooth preceded the x5.4 flare.

Sunspot 1429: March 7th, 2012

Sunspot 1476: May 11th, 2012

I think we might see a large flare fairly soon, but that's just a layman's observation.
edit on 11-5-2012 by windowpane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I went out earlier today with my binoculars and welders glass. I just wanted to see that sunspot for myself.

Crazy! Was almost in the middle of Sol. Going to look at sunset too. Try it if you have good vision and welders glass, you can probably see it with your naked eye. I have bad eyesight and had to use my little opera binocs along with my glasss. .

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I hope it rotates away from us before blasting out a CME.

Leave Earth alone.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Q.
why has the south pole AURORA,,,field,,
do a flip,,?

( on the C
if u get my ,,meaning,,
n and S are now,,
same side?
think 3d. with x-ray vision,,lol.)

me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I posted a thread on this video I made, but I thought maybe you "sun watchers" might like it....it's a compilation of photos of solar eclipeses I made....hope you like!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

phenominal ,, beautifull effort,,

goose bumpy

ohh m class picking up,,just to stay legit lol
edit on 14-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Thanks Bob....I thought people here might like it.....I'm an eclipse nerd
Can't see enough of them!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey StealthyKat,

I have been following SuspicousObservers channel on youtube. He has been talking about this resonance anomally that has been occuring for that past 10 days at 1400 UTC, do you know anything about this?

www.youtube.com... iL1q9YbrVam5nP2xzFTWQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I am really curious what the educated in Solarwatch has to say as I am a complete newbie about this stuff.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

PuterMan and everyone, here's a YouTube link that claims to show a magnetic anomaly near the sun. It may be more than that, though, because it appears to be capturing solar material that comes its way:

www.youtube.com...

And here's a Spring 2012 story from The Daily Galaxy with additional information on what is being learned about magnetic pole shifts on the sun now that we are getting closer to the 2013 solar max:

www.dailygalaxy.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

I am afraid that I do not know enough about the dynamics to comment authoritatively on the YT video but I question the terminology used and would suggest that this is nothing but an optical illusion of an object.

The link to the DG was interesting, and something I was aware of. I have a keen interest in the polarity of the sunspots as I think that is important. All too often Dr Tony Philips is busy scaremongering on Spaceweather about a new sunspot which then comes to nothing. This is usually because the bulk of the sunspot is negative.

I am afraid in that respect Spaceweather has gone down hill recently hyping up everything.

Today Spaceweather is still trying to find new sunspots and counting ones that do NOT match the criteria as usual as NASA is desperate to keep the numbers up.

Landscheidt counts today as spotless (mainly because they use more up to date images than Spaceweather who are always anything up to 24hrs behind the times.)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Were we lucky this time?
After the large sunspot moved around the limb of the sun the other day look at this CME.

Pretty impressive..

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Today at Spaceweather:

ALMOST X-FLARE: Big sunspot AR1515 erupted on July 2nd at 10:52 UT, producing an M5.6-class solar flare that almost crossed the threshold into X-territory. The eruption might have hurled a CME toward Earth. Stay tuned for updates. [SDO movie]

Here is the link- www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Giant sunspot AR1515 released X1.1 class solar flare today at 23:08 UT so much for almost ....let's see how that adds to the wild planetary events going on! This is from NASA's heliophysics division.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Two huge sunspot regions now. Both beta-gamma-delta. One coming from the left limb whilst the right rotates out. That lower left one is chaotic looking.

Hopefully they don't decide to spew mayhem at the same time.
edit on 7/7/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join