It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regime Change in Pakistan May Be Closer Than You Think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Earlier this week I authored a thread on the Pakistani Army voicing their displeasure with President Zardari but stopped short of calling for a coup. Most people shrugged it off as the usual rhetoric coming out of that region.

EXCLUSIVE - Army wants Zardari out but no coup - sources

I came across an interesting article today that reminded me of the statements made earlier this week.

Pakistan Imran Khan rally draws tens of thousands

Tens of thousands of people have turned out at a rally in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi for former cricketer turned politician Imran Khan.

Mr Khan, who has been an established politician for many years but has struggled to win votes, has seen his support increase recently.

Correspondents say he has been riding a wave of disillusionment, particularly among the urban middle class.

The next national elections are scheduled for 2013.

I don't know too much about this individual but he seems like a well placed figurehead. Many people think the West has had it with Pakistan, and that a change of regime would be highly favorable, especially with the sour relations since the vicious attack by NATO that killed 24 Pakistani troops.

With the recent talk of the "coup" that's not a coup, and the public support of this charismatic figure, I think we are about to see another uprising in Pakistan such as the Arab Springs we have recently witnessed.

This of course leads us to the question of who will benefit from this if there were to be a change of regime. From what I can tell this man would be willing to submit to Western demands such as allow the West to dictate Pakistani foreign policy.

Maybe I'm reading into this a bit too much, but I honestly think something's afoot. There has been a lot of action in this geo political arena recently so I can't help but to at least consider that some of this might all be related somehow.

I'm open to any comments/criticism so let's get it on.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Imran Khan is anti- US and a supporter of the Military whom hold true power in Pakistan, and it is the Military whom uses brainwashed 'terrorists' to fulfill their agendas of fulfulling their personal hold to power.

In the west, pork barrel politics ensures one gets elected, and being elected, get access to funds by lobbyists to promote their aims.

In the east, the military holds absolute power through might. Power derives from the barrel of a gun, so said the devil Mao. Once they have the might, they will not let go. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Paki holds absolute power today, with their keys to nukes, which holds US, India, China, Middle East to hostage, and earned economic gains by playing one with another, and the old 'terrorist' red flags of bombs to remain relevant.

Question is, is this the way, ethical or simply expendient way to rule a nation?

NO. Simply because the wealth is NEVER fairly distributed. Corruption is rife, espacially in the logistic depts. Favouritism is normal. As the army becomes powerful, it seeks to be ABOVE the law, which results only in dictatorship, and within a religious community such as muslim state Pakistan, is blasphemy absolute, for there is no god than Allah. The military had pitted themselves god on Earth.

If Imran Khan, the famous cricketeer adored by his fellow citizens to the ranks of godhead, wishes to lead - he best humble himself and think of pragmatic ethical ways to alleviate the poverty of the nation, return power back to the masses, and destroy EVERY spot idolatry worship his huge ego had allowed to fester within his being, and be a humble servant to lead Pakistan to greatness, achieving aims of aspirations common in all humanity within our community with rule of law on our homeworld - Planet Earth

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

In your opinion, do you think it would be a good thing for the people of Pakistan for this man to become president? And you said he is "anti-American" but so are a whole lot of other American allies. In fact, pretty much the whole world is Anti-American, at least when it comes to their government.

I doubt this man's displeasure with the West would stop him from being bought out like the rest of the world leaders. Everyone has a price.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
First off OP

S & F

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
In the east, the military holds absolute power through might. Power derives from the barrel of a gun, so said the devil Mao. Once they have the might, they will not let go. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Paki holds absolute power today, with their keys to nukes, which holds US, India, China, Middle East to hostage, and earned economic gains by playing one with another, and the old 'terrorist' red flags of bombs to remain relevant.

Nicely written reply. You made many valid points, chief among them is the above quoted paragraph. Anybody who has been paying attention more than a few years to the Pakistan question knows full well their involvement through the ISI in covert activities across the region. I do not think the West are really worried about Pakistan Nuking them in a conventional way. Their Nuclear Missile arsenal is short range that is to say meant to retaliate against India.

However, Dirty bombs and or a smuggled Nuke into a port of any given Western nation then detonated is a feared possibility. [How Realistic of a possibility is still to be determined] That possible scenario has not only raised concerns with the Western Powers but now also China and Russia as well. Given the nature of the fairly recent "Islamic" Fundamentalist extremist activities on their soil. China has a growing Islamic resistance movement in their Western Territory [Supported by Pakistani] elements just across the border as I've outlined in this thread---US/China and Pakistan. No False Flag needed! Not to mention the ongoing issues between India and Pakistan etc.

Also, a few years back the US initiated the training of a new elite unit trained in the infiltration and retrieval of Nukes and or Nuclear material in such a scenario as an active Coup to prevent the mentioned material from falling into the wrong hands. The Story broke and neither China nor Russia or anybody in the West raised objections. They all know how serious of a situation that could be.

Elite US troops ready to combat Pakistani nuclear hijacks

The US army is training a crack unit to seal off and snatch back Pakistani nuclear weapons in the event that militants, possibly from inside the country’s security apparatus, get their hands on a nuclear device or materials that could make one.

The specialized unit would be charged with recovering the nuclear materials and securing them.

So if any Extremist groups were able to gain control over some of Pakistan's Nuclear stockpile it would not just be a threat the US/West but potentially also China and or Russia.

Question is, is this the way, ethical or simply expendient way to rule a nation?

We shall see how these cards fall.

Stay tuned.

edit on 25-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
interesting thread

i want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a merry xmas

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree, their nuclear arsenal is the main reason most nations even consider having relations with Pakistan. Sure their delivery systems aren't up to par, but the materials they possess could be used in scenarios such as the ones you mentioned. They are known to play both sides so they cannot be trusted nor should we underestimate their potential lethal actions.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

Same to you my friend, Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
US/NATO spend mega bucks on spies/buying off people in Pakistan.

Hillary Clinton is doing a "Quadrennial Review" to fire the State Department Employees to free up mega bucks to keep buying Pakistan off as well as other countries.

Bill Clinton's Quadrennial Defense Review axed hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs/GI's in DOD to free up money to buy off people in other countries.

The Clinton's will keep control of Pakistan. Even if they have to fire more Americans to have the money to do it.
You see Americans are NOT bright enough to realize what they did.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

do you think it would be a good thing for the people of Pakistan for this man to become president? And you said he is "anti-American" but so are a whole lot of other American allies. In fact, pretty much the whole world is Anti-American, at least when it comes to their government.

I doubt this man's displeasure with the West would stop him from being bought out like the rest of the world leaders. Everyone has a price.

The sovereign state of Pakistan does not need the approval of USA, China, Russia or any other country for whom is to be their elected leader voted by the masses. Only that whomever is elected, must undertake the responsibility to take care of the nation and contribute towards the progress and evolution of mankind.

Russia and China is only keen on Pakistan's resources. USA has no colonial ambitions in Pakistan, but only to end terrorism that had held the world's innocent humanity hostage and to deaths.

Americans are friends of the Pakistanis, had been supporting hard earn funds in billions to them, seek only for trade, but unfortunately, it is far more expedient to allow hatred to grow as means to consolidate power, by the Paki military and the radical islamist clergy.

If Imran Khan is elected, then he must face up to his responsibilities to his own countrymen, whom are only our fellow human brothers and sisters there, as well as behave responsibly within the international arena to achieve mankind's broader and inclusive aims.

The days of 'brainwashed suicide bomber for hire' by those in power must end. It is an affront to both man and religion. So too the machiavellian techniques of playing of nation against nations end, for within our complex world armed with both military and financial WMDs, one wrong move and our world will end.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Regime Change in Pakistan May Be Closer Than You Think?

Don't you mean U.S. led NATO imperialist invasion and occupation.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Regime Change in Pakistan May Be Closer Than You Think?

Don't you mean U.S. led NATO imperialist invasion and occupation.

Yes that's exactly what I meant but was trying to remain diplomatic.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Pakistan will be made to collapse into Islamic violence.

How many more Islamic countries does America have to collapse before the muslims realize that GITMO is a policy not place.

As the US Military indicated, functional control of the nuclear arms will be retained. It also implies functional control of the region. We will move about as we see fit. We will take what we desire. We will promise nothing.

The natives, who have been dishonest brokers, can have all the Islam they want. America gets everything else.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

So because Imran Khan doesn't want western intervention in his country, he is anti-US?

top topics

join