It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militants explode five bombs in Nigeria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by StarPeace

I must have missed the story where 1.5 billion muslims bombed every church on earth..

I also must have missed the passage in the Qur'an that said "attack Christians because they aren't you"...

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

-all from www.thereligionofpeace.com...

HOWEVER, I do remember the passage in the Qur'an granting passage AND paradise to Muslims, Jews, Christians, and Sabians who live their lives correctly...

Sabians are only mentioned in 3 verses -

"Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, ... whoever believes in Allāh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve ." Quran 2:62

"Those who believe (in the Qur'an) those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures) and the Sabians and the Christians―any who believe in Allāh and the Last Day, and work righteousness―on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." Quran 5:69

"Verily, those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians, and the Majus, and those who worship others besides Allāh, truly, Allāh will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection. Verily! Allāh is Witness over all things." Quran 22:17

-from en.wikipedia.org...

so even those 3 verses are contradictory - in the top two all is good, but in the bottom one Allah will "judge between them" alongside the Majus - Zoroastrians who Islam regards as pagans and not "people of the book" at all.

Oops!
edit on 25-12-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The evil Queen bombs Nigerian churches for Christmas

BBC: Nigeria churches hit by blasts during Christmas prayers

A series of bomb attacks in Nigeria, including two on Christmas Day church services, have left at least 32 people dead and many injured.

The Islamist group Boko Haram said it carried out the attacks, including one on St Theresa's Church in Madalla, near the capital Abuja, that killed 27.

A second explosion shortly after hit a church in the central city of Jos. A policeman died during gunfire.

Three attacks in northern Yobe state left four people dead.

Two hit the town of Damaturu, and a third struck Gadaka. Yobe state has been the epicentre of violence between security forces and Boko Haram militants.

Churches bombed by royal command

The evil Queen Elizabeth in association with allied royals in the Saudi royal family allowed the orders to go out from Mecca to terrorists in Nigeria - "bomb Nigerian churches for Christmas".

As at least 32 Nigerians were killed and many injured by royal command, Queen Elizabeth broadcast her Christmas lies on TV thanks to the gullible fools in the BBC and other TV channels.

Hey media fools - no the Queen is not a good Christian and no she is not a good leader of the Commonwealth to be implicated in terrorist crimes against the people!

Royalist terrorists are waging war on believers and on members of the Commonwealth, killing innocents while the UK royal family and royal families all over the world are making merry and generally living lives of privilege and safety.

In order to guarantee true believers of all faiths the freedom to worship in peace and safety then all evil royal families throughout the world who do abuse religion to incite terrorists to kill and to terrorise the people into bowing down to royalty must be overthrown in favour of democratic republics.

edit on 25-12-2011 by Mr Peter Dow because: bbcode

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Peter Dow

wha ?
uhhhhhh, this sounds wrong. not that QE is not capable of war or involved in it, but this just sounds
wrong. islamist extremists are taking orders from the christian queen of england? say what?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Peter Dow

What???

Where are you sourcing that info from man..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by StarPeace

I must have missed the story where 1.5 billion muslims bombed every church on earth..

I also must have missed the passage in the Qur'an that said "attack Christians because they aren't you"...

HOWEVER, I do remember the passage in the Qur'an granting passage AND paradise to Muslims, Jews, Christians, and Sabians who live their lives correctly...

Statements and mentalities like yours don't help ease the tension. It's the immature attention seeking conduct that perpetuates conflict in todays world.

This is always the kind of response that ends up on here, when (another) story, about (another) bombing, or (another) beheading, or (another) stoning, or (another) rape victim is thrown in jail for adultery.

Islam is peaceful. Islam is good. Islam does not preach about violence. Islam does not seek to violently impose its will on the infidels.

Except that...strangely...nearly every day the followers of Islam - and invoking the name of their Prophet while doing so - attack and kill people around the world. I defy you to find many days on the calendar in 2011, when you could not find a news story about some Islamic group or individual who did not kill people (often in large groups) in the name of the religion.

Something about this faith inspires people to kill and to maim. Something about this faith motivates people to explode bombs in places where people gather...markets, churches, buses. Something about this faith moves people to go so far as to blow themselves up, while blowing up other Muslims - who, I guess they think, are just not Muslim enough, or not Muslim in exactly the right way.

So, please enlighten us. Why is it, given that there is nothing in the Qur'an that can explain this behaviour, that the vast, vast majority of violent acts that are committed in the name of a religion...are made by those whose Holy Book is the Qur'an?

If you actually have an answer to this...then maybe we can get on the road to a solution to this never-ending mayhem

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Peter Dow
T
The evil Queen Elizabeth in association with allied royals in the Saudi royal family allowed the orders to go out from Mecca to terrorists in Nigeria - "bomb Nigerian churches for Christmas".

Royalist terrorists are waging war on believers and on members of the Commonwealth, killing innocents while the UK royal family and royal families all over the world are making merry and generally living lives of privilege and safety.

edit on 25-12-2011 by Mr Peter Dow because: bbcode

Wow! That is completely wrong. The problem basically comes from the position of Nigerian Islam as explained by Arab moslems who firmly believe that "there are no good moslems south of the Sahara". THese idiots therefore have to go to acts of complete barbarism to show that they are good moslems to a bunch of racist jerks (Arabs). How bad is that????

I am no Royalist but QE cannot be blamed for these attrocities.

edit on 25-12-2011 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
If you actually have an answer to this...then maybe we can get on the road to a solution to this never-ending mayhem

Violence begets further violence. You cannot go into a land with weapons and expect the people there to believe you came in peace.

No matter how peaceful the religion begins, if you bring violence against the people who practice it, some will lose faith and a violent faction will form.

What do you expect?

God is within us all.

When we genuinely come to grips with that, then the world will know peace.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 25-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Good 'ol religion for you.

Religion... what is it good for? Absolutely NOTHING.
edit on 25-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Well that's the case for at least one religion.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Violence begets further violence. You cannot go into a land with weapons and expect the people there to believe you came in peace.

Now matter how peaceful the religion begins, if you bring violence against the people who practice it, some will lose faith and a violent faction will form.

What do you expect?

You are coming at this from a very narrow perspective. You are suggesting that, for example, if only the U.S. had not invaded either Iraq or Afghanistan (for example) then Muslims around the world would just be prancing and playing, and going about their peaceful lives.

How does this explain marketplace bombings in Pakistan?
How does this explain shooting women in the head (the Taliban) in soccer stadiums for dress code violations?
How does this explain beheading people in Saudi Arabia for "sorcery"?
How does this explain the recent rash of bombings in Iraq - after the U.S. troops pulled out?
How does this explain the bombings and killings in Indonesia?
How does this explain Church bombings in Nigeria?

Do I really need to go on?

You are right though. Violence does beget violence. Muslim extremist blew up two American embassies in Africa...that didn't get the West's full attention apparently. So, they highjacked passenger planes and flew them into the World Trade Center...killing 3,000 people (I obviously do not subscribe to any of the other theories about 9/11).

Al Qaeda and the Taliban got violence back, in spades.

And...every time Sunnis kill Shiites...Shiites will kill Sunnis back in kind, etc., etc.

But my question still is...if there is nothing in the Qur'an that provokes widespread violence, then how can Muslims explain this worldwide phenomenon? Nobody can deny that it is happening...
edit on 25-12-2011 by mobiusmale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

I am sorry you feel I am narrow in my view. I said violence begets violence.

This is the cycle mankind has been on for thousands of years.

When was there peace?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

You do touch a point. It is in most cases lack of education. Lack of school and religous education.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Oh really. You missed it? Here ya go. A video montage of destroyed churches.

Notice it's not restricted to any one country with some specific "problem."
The only common denominator is Islam.

David Grouchy

edit on 25-12-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Daedal

This will never end.... it's easy to see... if they fail in one Country, they start again in another Country!!

They probably see Nigeria as an easy target to set up and start there trying to impose themselves onto the Christians or other people living there... after this, they will move on to another Country in Africa where they will topple the weak! It's already happened in Sudan, Somalia and i believe Ethiopia!!! Soon, if things aren't sorted out, they will turn all Africa into Islamic Continent!!

This will be very bad for everyone not just those living in Africa!!

God damn. The ignorance on this site...man do you know anything about Nigerian Civil War? This has nothing to do with muslims taking over Africa or Europe. Try reading the history of this conflict. As much as i hate Islam and any other religion i really hope "they" overtake Ethiopia, Sudan and Somalia because the good ol' "chirstians" have failed miserably in those countries by not preventing genocide, hunger and war. That is an act of terror aswell. Africa gets terrorized by hunger every god damn day,

Bad day for people living in Africa ? Every day is bad for those people you ignorant ....

And yeah. This is a cowardly terrorist attack. It sickens me to see how cruel human beings can be to eachother. My thoughts are with the families

edit on 25-12-2011 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Intrud3r

did you just say you hope they kill all the christians in somalia, etc? you realize these are all poor black people right?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Actually, the majority of civilian deaths in Iraq (and Afghanistan) have been caused by the actions of insurgents. Coalition forces killing civilians is not being done in the name of religion like you are implying. And Coalition forces are ethnically/religiously diverse in nature, they are hardly "Christian armies".

On the other hand, bombings like those that took place in Nigeria are being done in the name of religion and are religiously motivated, it seems.
edit on 25/12/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

did you just say you hope they kill all the christians in somalia, etc? you realize these are all poor black people right?

Where did i write that ? I just said that it's bullcrap when people come on this thread and start worrying about africans in Somalia, Ethiopia and Sudan. Terrorism is the last thing those people have in mind. It's pathetic how some people use terrorist attacks to spread their hate towards muslims, they dont really care about Africa. I bet if another genocide was taking place in Sudan, none of you on this thread would be interested, unless it was a genocide commited by muslims.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r

Originally posted by undo

Where did i write that ? I just said that it's bullcrap when people come on this thread and start worrying about africans in Somalia, Ethiopia and Sudan. Terrorism is the last thing those people have in mind. It's pathetic how some people use terrorist attacks to spread their hate towards muslims, they dont really care about Africa. I bet if another genocide was taking place in Sudan, none of you on this thread would be interested, unless it was a genocide commited by muslims.

well i think that's jumping the gun, since you don't know me at all. i'd like to point out that you said you hoped they DID take over somalia, ethiopia and sudan because the christians have not stopped the genocides. but you see, the unspoken bottomline of them taking over those places, is to islamicize them and there are alot of poor christian black people there. so how are they going to islamicize them? same way they are doing it in the op's post. it is the THEY you were referring to, and their methods are to kill christians there, so i'm just guessing here that you agree with the genocide of people because they are poor and have no power to stop the genocides against them. your post is a confusing dichotomy of contradictions. you don't save people by hoping they get slaughtered and replaced by their executioners.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

[And as for those who disbelieved, I will punish them with a severe punishment in this world and the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."

This the real sura;

And as for those who disbelieved, I will punish them with a severe punishment in this world and the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers.

and

But as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, He will give them in full their rewards, and Allah does not like the wrongdoers.

The above is about sinners; muslims who sin. You have such rules in Islam because it is a religion.

On the contrary, the Quran forbids the attacking of the rightious and the faithful whether they be Christians or Jews.

This what your altered quotes says in the real page of the Qutan that it was supposed to come from;

Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was.

Basically God/Allah is saying one must be faithful, act like Jesus and you go to Heaven or be godless and reject God and go to Hell and be forsaken.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

This above quote is not from the Quran but something produced in the US and being circulated on the internet. The entire Medina Surah has been redacted and it is the portian that describes how the Arabian Jews deployed assassins to murder the prophet Mohammed.

Here is a link to an Islamic theologian's site;

www.theamericanmuslim.org...

Basically all the quotes you put in your comment are distortions, untrue or completely made up.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Helixer because: sp

edit on 26-12-2011 by Helixer because: sp

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Nigeria's President, Johnathon Goodluck. declared a State of Emergency after the Christmas day bombings of Christian churches.

Today the extremist group known as Boko Haram issued a statement warning the Christians in Northern Nigeria to leave within 3 days.

Militants in Nigeria Warn Christians to Leave North Within 3 Days

Source

(CNN) -- The militant Islamist group Boko Haram has issued an ultimatum giving Christians living in northern Nigeria three days to leave the area amid a rising tide of violence there.

A Boko Haram spokesman, Abul Qaqa, also said late Sunday that Boko Haram fighters are ready to confront soldiers sent to the area under a state of emergency declared in parts of four states by Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join