It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Was Made to be an Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Over the past couple years, I have been thinking quite heavily about the planet we inhabit. One thing that has always bugged me is how our world is set up. Anyone who has been school remembers doing science experiments in controlled and vacuumed sealed environments. This concept of experimentation has nagged at me because if you look closely to our world it very well resembles an experiment. For one, society is set up in such a way that we are constatly at odds with each other. You can say we are a giant social experiment that someone is watching or manipulating to see how we interact with each other. The other thing is that we are practically cut off from other planets and other galaxies. As far as we have been told the farthest man has travelled outside our planet is the moon. Personally, I don't believe that is case, but that is a topic for another, but for argument's sake let's just say that we have only gone as far as the moon. Because of that we say that we limited to how we can travel. We are trapped within a vacuum type area. We can only go so far. Finally, look at how large our galaxy is and how many known galaxies exisist. Compared to everything else, we are fairly small. One could argue we could be compared to small specimen under a microscope. I have thought about this many times and I keep seeing many connections between us and experiments that are performed in a lab. Any comments?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jbell1011

I totally agree!! With our tectonic plates and our earth constantly renewing it is hard to gain a proper history of our past. Ive always believed that if you do not understand your past you cannot know where you are heading. This is a prison planet!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I recommend that you read the Lensman series by E.E. Doc Smith. He thought the same thing. A very interesting read. The series is done over many years starting in the twenties and ending in the sixties so it took him quite some time to write. I don't know if the books are still in print.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I have to say I have come up to that conclusion a few times before, but who would be the observer then? "God"? Aliens? or are we in a sort of video game simulation? Very mind boggling when I get lost in these thoughts! Haha!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

I've always liked to think that we are "The Truman Show" of the universe. All the other civilizations watch our misadventures for entertainment.

Probably not the way it actually is, but still fun to consider.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Society, religion, the economy, money and any sort of illusory system of governance imposed on man is a product of collective human thought of the majority, created through thousands of years of objective reasoning to protect ourselves from ourselves (or our nature). Man creates and runs every institution; we are the ones who systematize and experiment. Everything else that happens in the universe is utter chaos.

In my opinion anyways.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Then I'd have to say what a failed one it is. Unless it was an experiment to see how nasty, vile and self serving man kind would be. Then in that case well, it was a smashing success!!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Awhile ago the experiment was almost cancelled...

Earth Cancelled

Luckily four sweet boys from a suburb of Denver prevented disaster.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just briefly thinking about this subject (and I like this topic) imagine if this were true and that the universe is teaming with life like some Jetson's episode but we are quarantined for some reason or another. We look up for signs of life when they look down watching us destroy ourselves like some super bug attacking some healthy cells.

Damn this is deap for Chrimbo Day

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is a theory how I can see it being.

We have a planet that is being used for the evolution of souls that are new to the concept of being harmonious and collaberating with each other. Every human gets born without previous knowledge but can access knowledge from his/her soul. The soul whether is is corrupted or shining shows thru the person when the masks are gone. Life here is a test to see if you are able to live in service by all for all even if you can benifit more from listening to you ego. Technology have now reached so far so that this planet can no longer be used as a playing ground for lowlevel understanding souls so humanities societies have to evolve or we will selfdestruct.

This place is of course not ready for open communication with the outside yeet (the rest of the universe or god/source/one directly) because we have not implemented what we have already been told over thousands of years.

All life is an experiment. It is an evolution of the mind/body and soul. We look at nature programs to try to understand the animals. If there is aliens then they are watching ous and manipulating us to make the right choice. A child (humanity) will sometimes not do what the parents (aliens) wants it to if you tell it straight out. The child (humanity) just want more toys when in fact it is quite spoiled already. You can do more from behind the scenes if you are not after credit for the act. Namaste

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Interesting, I have thought this on many occasions as well (although I had the viewpoint that it is of our own doing - we are both the subject and experiment).

Another related thought is regarding Mars and the moon. To me Mars always seemed like an Earth that was pruned of its resources, drifted too far from the sun, became a wasteland forcing us to move etc.

The moon to me is what Earth would be like after a nuclear war that no one wins.

One of these days I'll get around to writing a post regarding these ideas.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It would take an alien race lots of energy to get raw materials/minerals from planets in the universe.

It would be cheaper for them to get some monkeys smart enough to mine it/process it for them. Then go down and collect it, wipe the slate clean with a big disaster/annihilation and come back in 10,000 years to collect again.

After you whisper to the few you left alive "I am your God"....."be fruitful and multiply".....suckers.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You definitely need to read "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.

top topics

join