It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should/Why do gays celebrate christmas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by Unrealised

Why dont we just say sexualist to discribe somebody who is against any other sexuality besides heterosexuality?

idk about that. I'm a hetero but believe me I'm also a sexualist
luv me da sex

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
this is my belief:

homosexuality... the church shouldn't allow the marriage between homosexuals.

if your a homosexual, i would poke fun, like fudge packing puns, but wouldn't cast stones. Christ didn't die just for me, but for everybody.

the homosexual is still a sinner, sorry folks thats the gist of it, BUT he/she is still a sheep, a lost sheep. Christ loves the lost sheep and the sinner. that person is still a potential. will that person go to hell? im no judge, idk whats going to happen in that person's life. i will love that person though, and show them the love of Christ. who knows what will happen? we're not talking about something we can fully process out, like a machine.

btw the spirit of consumerism love gays lol

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

Not to mention the fact that it is a celebration of solstice and the origin of the Christmas Tree has nothing to do with Christianity. The tree is a symbol of year-round life even through winter (because it is green in the winter) and having living trees and other plants decorated in the home during winter is a ward against demons, hate, and hopefully homophobes and bigots.

Unless reminded of it, I rarely associate Christmas decorations or celebration with the church. It's always been and always will be a very pagan holiday and it's beautiful that it can be celebrated by and revered by so many belief systems.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
homophobia is the irrational fear of gays.

Actually, it's not limited to fear.

Homophobia
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

And yes, anyone who wants to should celebrate Christmas! Why limit it to religion or straight people?
I think it's kind of silly for people to get 'jealous' of others celebrating 'their' holiday. Especially when the celebrations usually include gluttony and greed...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think the Catholic Church says it's not a sin to be gay, it's a sin to have gay sex.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
God doesn't hate gays but he hates the sin of a male sleeping with another male.

The bible says those who commit sexual immorality will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Homosexual men need to repent and turn from there sin by trusting in Jesus Christ.

I would think the reason they celebrate Christmas is because they worship mammon.

Much like many other people these days that are caught up in the bondage of materialism.
edit on 25-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Homosexual men need to repent and turn from there sin by trusting in Jesus Christ.

Many gay people do trust Christ. They trust him not to be a hateful bigot. To hell with the cult that came out of the whole execution aftermath.

People who believe the "King of Peace" and authority on love and goodness could be nearly as dark and twisted as what comes out of that antiquated book that was written by a theocratic evil empire is simply not thinking things all the way through.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You clearly never read the bible. The book of Revelation explicitly states that , murderers, thieves, liars and the sexually immoral will be thrown into the fire.

Homosexuality is listed as a sexual immorality. Do not think for one minute that the old testament is not relevant and no longer counts. Jesus himself said he did not come to do away with the Old Law he came to fulfill it, but if you think he is going to allow a homosexual in his presence that is still living in rebellion and sin and who refuses to stop sinning you are gravely mistaken. He forgives, but that only goes so far. You do not truly believe in him if you do not put your sin away and you keep doing the same things. Your actions validate your belief in him. He is God incarnate and God destroys sin in his presence.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
the devil made me do it

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
So, I was browsing yahoo answers when I saw this question:

Why do gays celebrate christmas?
You know God and Jesus aren't too fond of you, to put it mildly, so why do you acknowledge the day? Straight people wouldn't celebrate a gay day, why don't you have Buttmas in January or February?

When I saw this question It was a little like this:

SO

HERE ARE MY TOP THREE REASONS WHY GAYS CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS

2. God doesn't hate gays!
If god hated gays, would he have put genes in the body that change brainshape that has been directly related to sexuality? Would he have made it that gay men produce phermones that are significantly more attractive to gay men? Would he have made almost every animal (Including us) Have some instances of homosexuality? Would he?

I respect your opinion but before making broad unbacked claims in a matter of fact, you should research the subject because you are utterly wrong. I Corinthians 6:9
"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men [a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Note that homosexuals are not singled out as "worse" than other sinners. All of it is lumped together. So you're QUITE wrong, however people's judgement/condemnation of homosexuals while they have they're own sins in the closet is hypocritical and completely anti-Christian doctrine as well, just like telling people that the Bible "isn't really against homosexuality... its all good."

I will admit that I don't understand homosexuals that attend church regularly but have NO desire to "not" be gay. That's like attending AA knowing you have no intention or desire to stop drinking. I'm looking at it like this, I know from experience that at least some of the sinners want to change; stop gambling, stealing etc.. is it common for homosexuals to wish they weren't gay? (for reasons not based on the public opinion) I've never met/heard of a homosexual saying "I want to change this because its not how I really want to be."

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by corporation

I think your Georgia person bought a item from me on eBay last month. The writting was identical! With thinking style to match

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Because they're people.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There is nothing "Immoral" about having relations with someone you care about... regardless of what sex you prefer...

Some of you Christians need to pick up a dictionary FFS..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

God doesn't hate gays but he hates the sin of a male sleeping with another male.

The bible says those who commit sexual immorality will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I would think the reason they celebrate Christmas is because they worship mammon.

Much like many other people these days that are caught up in the bondage of materialism.

It is so very nice and comforting to know that you can interpret what God hates. What does God think when a new Daddy falls asleep snuggling his tiny newborn son, in the rocking chair? Does he also hate when females sleep with females? What does God have to say about those guys who spend all their free time on the "barely legal" web sites? I have to wonder because so many of the people I have run into who make a lot of noise about what God loves and hates tend to frequent strip clubs, girl-girl and barely legal stuff. Just sayin...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

It is so very nice and comforting to know that you can interpret what God hates. What does God think when a new Daddy falls asleep snuggling his tiny newborn son, in the rocking chair? Does he also hate when females sleep with females? What does God have to say about those guys who spend all their free time on the "barely legal" web sites? I have to wonder because so many of the people I have run into who make a lot of noise about what God loves and hates tend to frequent strip clubs, girl-girl and barely legal stuff. Just sayin...

How much do you wanna bet that would change if we had women running the church or a female pope? Yeah, the biggest homophobes I know are totally cool with girl-on-girl action but heaven forbid they see two dudes share a peck on the mouth.

They are also the same guys who will froth at the mouth when their favorite team scores a touchdown and then slap one another's asses. And don't get me started on the homoerotic nature of pro wrestling...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If they don't celebrate Christmas from a religious perspective no one should care. Lots of atheists spend money and be with ppl at Christmas.

If they do celebrate Christmas from a religious perspective then Christians should be happy that they got a foot in the door and use it to guide them onto the right path. . . everyone's a winner.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
3. Christmas is no longer a catholic exclusive holiday!

It never was. It started as a pagan holiday.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
God told me he loved me last night, and not to listen to any of his fanatical hypocritical groupies.

He's been trying to ditch them for IONS. ( JK PPL )

Seriously guys, can't we just accept eachother?

I really don't care if you think it's in the best interest of my soul to not be gay/bi/whatever. It's my soul..

It's just so petty..and a lot of the hate on gays seems to be high-horsedness to me. ( ya know, i'm better than you because god doesnt hate me because i'm not a sinner, which you probably are)

The bible says a lot of crazy things about what we should or shouldn't do (im no bible scholar though), and i'm sure a lot of the gay bashers don't adhere to all those "laws".

It's just somewhat ridiculous to me, if you are who you say you are you wouldn't even be bringing up my sexuality or how i'm going to burn for eternity over it.

The whole topic just makes me upset, it's one of those topics that makes me lose faith in mankind.

I hope i didn't offend anyone, all joking and anger aside, i sort of do want to be accepted by my fellow humans, and it is upsetting when i'm not..but in my heart i know it really is a problem of theirs, not mine.

peace to all uh yall.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Stop with the homophobic junk, homophobia is the irrational fear of gays. Nobody is afraid of them they just think two dudes/women tagging each other is gross.
reply to post by Fitch303

That still traces back to some sort of psychological fear, being grossed out and fear are almost the same emotuion.

Someone that opposese all unknown things is called a xenofoob, it doesn´t mean he is literally scared to death of the unknown.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

To all of you religous people standing up for your opinions. GOOD FOR YOU!!
However watts, YOU need to do some digging.

Did you know that the concept of homosexuality was not introduced into the bible until the early 1940s, and that homosexuality was widly accepted by the church by than? The reason they put it into the king james bible (the one most of you read) was so they could get back at the king, who was gay, without saying it to his face.

Did you know that more and more evidence is saying the jesus had sexual relations with men? More and more biblical text that where outlawed by the church are being examined and they seem to be potraying CHRIST as a liar, theif, and sexually immoral.

Did you know that it is widely speculated that the catholic church used to preform gay marriges?

You guys need to follow the paper trail....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join