It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Is a Dangerous

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

They would if people would stop propping up this system long enough to clean house.

Americans are like abuse victims. We keep going back for more and more and more. We like our # sandwiches and giant douches too much.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.usaid.gov...

Since the inception of its HIV/AIDS program in 1986, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has been on the forefront of the global AIDS crisis, investing more than $7 billion to fight the pandemic. Today, with more than 33 million people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS, USAID is a key partner in the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the largest and most diverse HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment initiative in the world.

7 billion from the US.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Gates gives $287m to HIV research

It is the Gates Foundation's biggest ever investment in HIV and Aids
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has pledged $287m (£155m) in a bid to speed up the development of a vaccine for the HIV/Aids virus.

Gates 287 million.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
www.usaid.gov...

Since the inception of its HIV/AIDS program in 1986, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has been on the forefront of the global AIDS crisis, investing more than $7 billion to fight the pandemic. Today, with more than 33 million people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS, USAID is a key partner in the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the largest and most diverse HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment initiative in the world.

7 billion from the US.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Gates gives $287m to HIV research

It is the Gates Foundation's biggest ever investment in HIV and Aids
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has pledged $287m (£155m) in a bid to speed up the development of a vaccine for the HIV/Aids virus.

Gates 287 million.

www.peripheries.org...

Apples and Oranges. You show the total US spending since program inception and compare it to ONE investment by the B&MG foundation. Besides, I said organizations LIKE the B&GM foundation. As illustrated in the chart above,, as of 2008, PEPFAR was not a majority player in AIDS funding.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by The Sword

He's only riding the coat-tails of the Republicans because it is the only way to win. This is not so much about getting the Republican nomination, as it is getting on those debates and getting the early exposure. If he went immediately to being an independant, he would have to spend 10X the money and would still be getting ignored.

It is sad that he has to run a campaign like this, but how else is he supposed to win? Ultimately, it is someone against Obama.. Does it really matter what letter is before their name? It is supposed to be about the merits of their message and purpose.

I would like to disagree - somewhat. I don't think Paul is merely running as a republican for practical reasons - he's trying to bring the party back to its roots. Paul espouses the libertarianism and actual conservatism that used to be the heart and soul of the republican party - whereas the party adopted legacy democrat positions such as their foreign interventionism. Heck, you've only got to go back to 1999 to find a successful republican run based on Paul's foreign policy.

It's not a matter of PAUL not being republican, in my opinion. And speaking only for myself and my family, we want our party back...my family has always been republican, and they support Paul.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ron Paul is dangerous.
Dangerous to the economic elite. Ron Paul's "few odd-ball ideas" are all 100% based off the Constitution. Remember that piece of paper, the framework for the organization of the United States government?

The economic elite, and the globalists have, for years, been doing anything and everything they can to make the Constitution worthless, and they are succeeding. The farther from the Constitution we get as a nation, the more money and power they are able to scoop up.
Bringing the country back to its roots is the only way to get back to a way that provides peace, liberty, and prosperity for the American people.

Continuing on with the current status-quo is the true "dangerous" path, as it leads to less personal freedoms, less prosperity for anyone except for the few elite, and a military too busy in foreign countries to be able to defend our own borders.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I do wish the good doctor a SAFE campaign with no side trips where he is told that he quits or his family dies as reoss perot is rumoured to have been threatened with......
Aircrashes are the illuminattis specialty and assassination is their bread and butter even within their own ranks i believe.....

These enemies of the constitution may stop at nothing, even nuclear war to retain control of the office of POTUS.....It is their one big drawing card left that hasnt been outed and exposed to the people .
I hope that such a whistle blower is somewhere in the wings right now....
And if he/ she is out there trying to decide whether to come in from the cold right this moment, i say to her/him, the worlds whole future rests on the strength of your courage, for the love of humanity spill the beans.....
Once it is out there the people will take appropriate action on their own, military and civilian law enforcement or constitution enforcement should i say.will be a popular order of the day......and your contribution would be the crowning achievement which make it all happen......we need some kind of clearly smoking gun....just one definately unimpeachable one.......

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
LIttle does Yahoo realize: a good portion of those who have followed 'nutty' Alex Jones since circa 9-11 are now of age to vote!!!
If Dr Paul wins the primary, I think we might see a record breaking amount of voters next year!!!

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is so ridiculous. It is nothing new, but it is still appalling...The lengths the government and media will go to to suppress the truth. The media apparently thinks "questioning" policies and principals is somehow "un-American." That is such BS!!!

Many of our problems will be solved if Ron Paul is elected simply by ending all of these foreign conflicts. NO OTHER CANDIDATE WILL DO THIS. Do you RP haters have any idea how much money this will save the government? That money is NOT going to help us everyday citizens.

The reason they are strong-arming Paul is because the military industrial complex is intertwined with the current administration, the same relationship mind you that was present under Bush. Nothing changed with Obama. I do not understand how so many can keep falling for the same old ploy.

A bit off-topic, but this current mess with Iran, if not simply election propaganda...well let's just say out of the current candidates, there is only 1 who will do the right thing, which is to NOT invade Iran, and then tell Israel where to shove it. Ron Paul will do that. I am so tired of the Paul bashers. I never believed in disinfo agents, but I am beginning to think this just might be important enough.

It doesn't matter really, because barring anything illegal, Paul will still take Iowa by a LANDSLIDE. Maybe even the presidency. If he wins Iowa, that many more people are going to understand that he is the man for the job. I don't think he would be a one-term president, reminiscent of someone like say Carter, who I have seen him compared to, with the situation during those years, etc...I think he will actually get some things done.

The last few presidents have held more power in the Executive branch, more-so than the Legislative branch I mean, out of all the presidents...EVER. If that isn't a change for the worst, I don't know what is. It is ridiculous that we should have to remind our presidents that they are NOT imperial rulers. That is what the last couple have acted like. Sorry for going off-topic, but I believe all of this is directly related to WHY they are bashing Ron Paul, because as the title suggests, he IS dangerous. But NOT to the people mind you.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I love dissecting media propaganda!

Like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz, Ron Paul is seen by many as a quirky but well-meaning fellow who -- aside from having a few odd-ball ideas -- poses no real threat to the world.
....kind of like the Founding Fathers?

However, where a Tin Man in search of a heart may be seen as endearing, when a man who is vacant of heart and the capacity to feel compassion for his fellow man is determined to be the leader of the free world it becomes nothing less than dangerous.
Ron Paul has no heart and doesn't feel compassion? What was he doing as a doctor for 30 years, making people's lives harder?

Paul's 30-year friendship and frequent guest interviews by radio talk show host and rabid fellow conspiracy theorist Alex Jones
"fellow" conspiracy theorist. See that? Ron Paul is a conspiracy theorist everyone!

his comfort in feeding the suspicious minds of the youthful Student Scholars for 9/11 Truth that Americans are responsible for 9-11 are already a matter of record.
Yeah, we should just silence all voices that go against the governments word. Wait...no we shouldn't, because the First Amendment is there to protect unpopular speech.

But I guess we should just shun anybody who disagrees with the talking heads on the television, because that's the American way. If you question the government, you should just be locked in a dark room somewhere, isolated from society, ostracized from any form of communication or public interaction.

Still, where Paul's long-term preference to associate himself with people of irrational mind demonstrates a connate history of obsessive paranoia and loathing for his country, more disturbing is his utter lack of compassion for the suffering of others in the world.
I don't even need to analyze anything here. Simply posting it and allowing people to read it for themselves will suffice.

Ambassador Eric Goosby, M.D., who oversees implementation of the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), believes otherwise.

In his remarks during his Dec. 13 speech, in honor of Dr. David Barmes before "fellow laborers in the fight against AIDS," the United States Global AIDS Coordinator said "a Stanford University study demonstrated that over a million deaths were averted in the first 4 years of PEPFAR alone, a number we expect has at least doubled since that time."
You hear that everyone? Ron Paul is pro-AIDS!

Would that qualify as a strawman?

Paul also appears to have a cowardly closeted racist streak and, when pressed during an interview on Wednesday with CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger regarding some controversial newsletters printed in the 1980s and 1990s under his name, Paul became irritated to a point of removing his mic and walking out on the interview.
Actually, that's not true. The interview was over, that was just some clever editing done by the media ogres. Plus, there hasn't been a single video of Ron Paul saying anything racist throughout his entire political career, so I'll take his word that he didn't write that.
edit on 25-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

The only real thing I don't like about him is his foriegn policy with Iran. If he would come out and say he would do whatever it takes to keep nuclear weapons out of there hands then I could deal with any of the other things I am not 100% with him on.

That is his major weakness as far as I am concerned.I have read on here where several people have tryed to downplay how dangerouse it would be to let Iran have those weapons and I am sorry thoses people just do not understand the world we live in doesn't work that way.

The govt and leaders of Iran do not think the same way as the west and it is my belief that if they get nuclear weapons then they will use them. To many nations have them already that doesn't mean it is OK for more to get them.

I think this is what will keep RP from becoming president.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ron's not dangerous because hes not ever going to get into office.
I watched an interview with Ron and a serious hotshot media host, and the host outright told him he was never going to be president...at that moment i knew the bilderbergs had it all nicely bottled up, that's why they added that provision to the bill that allowed for anyone they deemed an enemy of the state to be permanently detained, and this is how Obama will keep his post.
If Ron wins by a landslide, he will just be whisked away never to be seen again, and the troops will roll in force through our neighborhoods black bagging everyone who throws a fit.

The only thing that Rons dangerous to is to himself, for letting the cat out of the bag to early. If he'd of been a genius he'd of played along with them throughout his 30 years and once he actually got the presidency, sunk their ship

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Paul is against the military industrial complex & the private Federal Reserve so of course they are going to come out full guns ablazing against him. They cannot afford for him to be elected because then their game is over.

The 2 most important Presidential speeches of the 20th century were given about 50 years ago - 1 Democrat & 1 Republican -you should listen to them cause they are a portrait of what we live in today.

Peace

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-12-2011 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

you do realize Ron Paul doesn't want them to have a nuke right? He just doesn't believe in a preemptive strike on the country to prevent the "possibility". That's what happened in Iraq. If there was evidence that they were developing a weapon then these concerns may have been more justified. They follow the non-nuclear proliferation treaty (unlike Israel), and Ron Paul states that an "over reaction" is one of the worst scenarios to get caught in, it's a guarantee for more ongoing, undeclared war.

Sympathizing with another country's desire for a weapon is hardly unrealistic. The question is who is the aggressor, who is instigating?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Unlike with Iraq we could strike Iran. The object would not be to overthrow a dictator but to destroy the facility. From what I have heard him say he is not willing to do that. Sometimes force has to be used and it is in my opinion that this is one of those times. The argument of who the aggressor is and who isn't doesn't really matter to me.

This could be done with a simple surgical strike with bunker buster technology. There would be no need for a prolonged war or occupation that is the last thing I would want. It would not to be done. This isn't like the argument for Iraq because we are only after one thing and that is the nuclear facilitys.

The last thing we need to do is take a wait and see approach or hope for the best, that just doesn't work for me. It is my belief that they are trying to build nuclear weapons, I really have no doubts about that. Even though I really like a lot of what Ron Paul stands for I cannot in good conscience vote for him if he can't take a strong position on this.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: Correction

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Do you know why he said he wouldn't do that? because its against the constitution. If you want to attack a country you use Congress and declare war. As an executive power alone, he wouldn't do it, but he has stated that if there was good reason to attack Iran he would.

We are not the police of the world. I know people love to endorse that idea because they feel America has some moral obligation to overthrow dictators that oppress people, but people have to see that is not the primary concern behind the governments decision, it is just a ploy in order to gain public support to do it again.

In any case, if this is a question of national security for you, then have you thought about how if Iran had a nuke they could use it on us? They don't have ICBMs, no air force /navy that could get near us. where is the concern for existing nukes being smuggled in the U.S? Does that suddenly change if Iran has one?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Do you know why he said he wouldn't do that? because its against the constitution. If you want to attack a country you use Congress and declare war. As an executive power alone, he wouldn't do it, but he has stated that if there was good reason to attack Iran he would.

We are not the police of the world. I know people love to endorse that idea because they feel America has some moral obligation to overthrow dictators that oppress people, but people have to see that is not the primary concern behind the governments decision, it is just a ploy in order to gain public support to do it again.

In any case, if this is a question of national security for you, then have you thought about how if Iran had a nuke they could use it on us? They don't have ICBMs, no air force /navy that could get near us. where is the concern for existing nukes being smuggled in the U.S? Does that suddenly change if Iran has one?

I am just going to keep this sensible. I understand about the executive power and how people feel that we are being world police which is true. I don't like it anymore than you do. But let's put all that aside for right now. I take it from your standpoint that you believe that they could not get something like a nuclear weapon into our country. I assume that you have taken that stance.

I do not necessarily believe they would use a nuclear weapon on the US. They could attack Israel or they could use it as leverage neither is acceptable for me. On the chance that they do decide to use it on the US I would think any cargo container would work with and lead lining. A small fishing boat, and they do have a small Navy, a seaplane, or any number of ways that drugs are smuggled into the United States. There are probably hundreds of ways to get a small nuclear bomb into the country maybe even thousands. If I want to be really paranoid I ask have you ever seen the coc aine submarines that have been captured. The problem is with a nuclear bomb is you only need to get in the same city, accuracy is not a problem.

I was in the military and learn some about nuclear detection. We do have very good equipment but nothing is foolproof. The only way to be sure that they cannot attack us with a nuclear weapon is to keep them from ever building one. This is not something that should be left to chance even if that means the chance was miniscule.

Ron Paul has a lot of kooky ideas that I am okay with. I agree with him on more things than not. The Iran nuclear issue is the dealbreaker with me. It's not even the dealbreaker is the whole deal. If you could just change his mind on that.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: I had forgotten some

edit on 26-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The stance that I take is that this should already be a risk. In fact I would imagine it would be easier to obtain a nuclear weapon from a country that already has one and smuggle it in then making your own. Maybe its traceability that's a concern, I don't know. I'm not disagreeing that's its impossible to smuggle one in, but the expenditures to prevent that from happening shouldn't change with Iran.

War is inevitable with the suspicion of them making a weapon. The threat against Israel is debatable in my opinion. Iran hosts the largest number of jews in the region among other Muslim countries, and Israel host some holy places of Islam in Jerusalem. So the whole idea behind an attack to wipe out a place like jerusalem in a jihadist excuse doesn't add up for me. Not to mention everyone loves to quote Amadinejad's speech in 2006 for wiping Israel off the map as proof, when Iran's foreign minister and Amadinejad have both said that's impossible, and the speech is referring to the zionist regime in respect to their approach to Palestine, nothing about destroying jews or the country.

There should be greater concern for the justification, not this paranoia of safety that requires preemptive war. and yes paranoia is an appropriate word when there isn't sufficient intel for the decision.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

now listen the hole world.,for if pastor chris will perish of a prophecies and how the almighty God will regret
regret the world., King World i will put the blame on the barack obama because he regected the children of the
God and he refuse the rules of God.,so now., the hoster lady whom were waiting for the king will perish in the way., and now
a creation as a women has now persih as the way the God want it.,so Jesus Lord Christ., i regret her and i am on my way to had that paper
to put it in a song to the world that i aint need it no more.,

I started commenting to the world., it were a time when i was needed in the world to esplain the will and the word of God and the reason why this world
for anyhead should understand because i perposely where born down from God to esplain the reason why God and the meaning of this world and it is true because there is no Image who canna compare to me here on Earth.,but the time
when God handle up the scroll of this world to barack obama ? ., and then he regected my comment and not even attention to my Image.,and this is how a such records has now perish and some of the
rhymth has been lay waist.,for Adolf Hitler, Kim Jong IL, Percy Jackson all those people heads were born for a perposed and i am the only King to deliver them from thier enemies
because they also bearth the witness of an issues.,this will bear a witness to me when you heard me around., and i will stand through this for a day whom the world will plan to judge me., i love how i have save my head to this next generation
now rule your world obama and your ministers.,but a kind of a boy is also In.....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If the 83% of ATS members that support Ron Paul refused to give another troll thread any more responses, these negative threads would disappear. Yes, you can control your urges, folks. You are Paulites! Get a grip, and stop responding to threads like this. I am allowing myself this ONE response, in sacrifice for the attempt to get this message to fellow RP supporters. Don't feed the trolls. We know RP's good. The best. Let the trolls and corrupt media find empty space in their postings.

I agree with you, TrueAmerican, but this OP's thread isn't a troll thread. This OP supports Ron Paul and is pointing out that the media's attempts at discrediting him are failing.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

See now thats the kind of thing that scares me. Not you but the next guy that posted. Imagine that menatality and religiouse fever but multiply it and give them a bomb. With koran in hand he goes kablam. We have the crazys here to but theres out do ours.

Yes I am being simplistic I am very tired so please don't expect a drawn out point driven speech butthe guy that posted right after you is exactly the type I am talking about. I don't even know what he is saying but its not good.
There is only three options when dealing with us in the muslim mind/religion. 1 convert 2 enslave 3 destroy

Their idea of god orders it. So how do you reason with that? You can't. What you can do is keep them from owning a weapon that can accomplish those goals by destroying the facilitys that would be creating it.

Sorry my spelling and grammer is atrociouse.plse try to make sense of it I am off to bed I have been up for over 48hrs again and it has taken a toll on my mental cognitive ailitys. I am almost seeing double while typing
edit on 26-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: tired

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join