It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English derived from Paleo-Hebrew, it is a shamitic (shemitic/semitic) language

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Maybe you and the OP can go study up on the Celtic peoples and how they spread across Europe and from where their language group derives from, and see how the Hebrews DON'T figure into any of that.

Celts covered the whole of Europe from the Russian Steppes to the Andalusian Peninsula (where they merged with the native Iberian people) to the English Isles. The Celtic language family is Indo-european. PERIOD. Later Germanic peoples for that reason are also considered to be of the Indo-european language group, as are the romance languages. All the influences upon the English language have been of Indo-european origin.

Believe it or not, linguistics is actually a thoroughly well developed science, they've traced language roots among various peoples and tribes back to ancient languages 75,000 years and older. It's going to take a lot more than one junk science Web site spinning fantasy to undermine all that.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
(In fact Brit-ish in Hebrew means 'Man of Covenant' or literally 'Covenant man'.)

A neat coincidence, if true, but nothing more. "British" is derived through Old English Bryttas from Pritani, the Celtic name for the locals in what would become England. And I know almost no Hebrew, but I do have a copy of Gesenius, and he says X Y is translated X of Y, so brit ish would mean "covenant of man." Maybe I am misunderstanding Gesenius wrong, but I'm pretty sure the ancient Celts did not name themselves Pritani knowing that >1500 years of phonological evolution would yield something meaningful in Hebrew.

So before you throw the baby out with the bath water, read the Old Testament before you say we are not one of the 10 lost tribes.

There's no baby in that water.
edit on 25-12-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
No. "Briton" comes from Bryttas. The word "British" is a 1600's construct. Why? because the masonic encoded, KJV Bible was created around the time. The establishment used Hebrew to create a word to replace the name of our country. Again, hiding their truth in plain sight. So, "Brith" means "Covenant" and "ish" means "man".

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect
No. "Briton" comes from Bryttas. The word "British" is a 1600's construct.

No, Bryttisc/Brettisc is Old English. Predates 1600 by some centuries. From the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle:

"and se ylca Raulf wses Bryttisc on his moderhealfe. and his feeder waes Englisc Raulf hatte."

Just in case you didn't know, sc in OE is pronounced sh. You will also see Englisc, Fresic, Denisc, Scittisc, and Frencisc in the Chronicle. Are these all Masonically-encoded Hebrew phrases?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

No. "Briton" comes from Bryttas. The word "British" is a 1600's construct.

No, Bryttisc/Brettisc is Old English. Predates 1600 by some centuries. From the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle:

"and se ylca Raulf wses Bryttisc on his moderhealfe. and his feeder waes Englisc Raulf hatte."

Just in case you didn't know, sc in OE is pronounced sh. You will also see Englisc, Fresic, Denisc, Scittisc, and Frencisc in the Chronicle. Are these all Masonically-encoded Hebrew phrases?

No lol, of course they're not. I don't think you get it...."British" never existed before the time I said...why? because it was created to serve our Royal families purpose.
edit on 26-12-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yeah why does the welsh lingo have two extra vowels Y and W and the ch sound?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

No lol, of course they're not. I don't think you get it...."British" never existed before the time I said...why? because it was created to serve our Royal families purpose.

If "British" never existed before the time you said (ca. 1611), why is it in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle? You really must address that, because it seems to completely disprove your central claim. Honestly, the etymology looks perfectly clear to me: Celtic Pritani -> Gk. Prittanoi -> L. Britanni -> OE Brittisc (cf. Denisc, Frencisc, etc.) -> ME British. The precise chain of transmission from the Celtic natives to the AS migrants might have skipped Greek->Latin excursion, or the locals might have picked up the Latin pronunciation when the Romans were around and communicated it to the AS people, I don't know. But I do know the word is of ancient origin and was not invented to communicate some kind of obscured Hebrew message.

Whoops, got you confused with another poster, never mind.
edit on 26-12-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

No, "British" didn't exist. It's coincidental that the two sound the same...kind of. The coincidence being good for the establishments agenda. Why not just keep Bryttisc, Breton or Brittania? Probably cos "Brith" and "ish" can translate to what I said. It's just like there's links in words withing the Bible, masonically encoded etc.
With the Bible the letters/words were chosen very carefully to translate it into English. Most likely the reason why the "Y" was dropped from Yisrael. As soon as you look into the etymology of that word you won't find most sources saying that it means Isis, Ra, El etc, because it doesn't. Tho, the "el" bit on the end, does mean god. Which, was obviously evolved from the name of the Ugaritic god, El, into a generic term for God(Who Yahweh the fertility/storm god from Hammad>Adad>Ishkur, youngest son of Enlil - became)
This last bit has got a bit off topic, but, the point with this is to show you how things can mean something to one group, i.e the bible writers/translaters, Royalty etc, and something else to others.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I agree with your comment and that is what I was taught in college. The English structure is also based on the German language. Greek and Aramaic influence is also present at times.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A lot of posters have corrected the OP's assertion. Thanks. One part that has not yet been brought up is that the link is confusing an alphabet with a language. There are many examples of alphabets being borrowed to express laguages that have no real relationship to them. The Russian alphabet is derived from Greek. Modern Turkish uses the Latin alphabet because Mustafa Ataturk decreed that Turkey would change from an Arabic script to a European one, hoping to move the country toward the West. The Cherokee alphabet is based on Latin letters. Surely you would not claim that this shows a relationship between the Cherokee language and Latin. Many languages have been "Latinized" for the purposes of a written form. Even if you could show every single letter was derived from an ancient form from the Middle east, you haven;t proven anything at all about the origins of the languages themselves.

These are two different issues.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Excellent point, another example would be when the Greeks adopted the Phoenician alphabet, connecting the letters to their spoken language and phonetic sounds that had no relationship to the Phoenician language.

The Greek language is Indo-european. Phoenician is Semitic. As the Greeks evolved their Phoenician alphabet they continued to add letters and phonetic sounds combinations.

For the record, "Indo-european" and "Semitic" does not in any way shape or form imply ethnicity. They are a language group.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

Your making connections where none exist, namely because it is spelt with an -sh not the -sc at the end. Up until the 18th century, there were no rules for spelling or written english at all and there were wide variations depending on the region..

Fact of the matter is that the islands have been called Britain in one way or another for over 2,000 years. Just ebcause the spelling changes slightly over the course of two millenia, during which there are waves of invaders, settlers, raiders and immigrants, that doesn't mean it's some Masonic/Illuminati scheme to hide in plain sight the fact we're all really Jewish.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

Your making connections where none exist, namely because it is spelt with an -sh not the -sc at the end. Up until the 18th century, there were no rules for spelling or written english at all and there were wide variations depending on the region..

Fact of the matter is that the islands have been called Britain in one way or another for over 2,000 years. Just because the spelling changes slightly over the course of two millenia, during which there are waves of invaders, settlers, raiders and immigrants, that doesn't mean it's some Masonic/Illuminati scheme to hide in plain sight the fact we're all really Jewish.

Yeah, but there clearly is a link. From a certain point in time, like around the time the KJV was authorised. I'm not saying we are all "Jewish", as you put it, but there's definitely an El-ite/masonic agenda there.

Look at the Israeli/Egyptian links I brought up, regarding the monarchy, as well as the coronation etc lol

The Royal family members in the 19th and 18th century being on board with the "British-Israelism" link, as well as the queens cousin, I believe, being part of an anglo israelist group. They want the link to exist, and in some ways it probably does. Members of the royal family actually saying they're bloodline links back there lol, it's their way of laughing at us.
Their bloodline stretches back to Rome, so from there it's possible. They obviously want global government, the "NWO" etc, and the zionist, israeli link is a massive part of that. The El-ite use occult practices, and so want their plans to link up to the Biblical end time prophecy etc.
edit on 26-12-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
An old Hebrew word when pronounced sounds like "Gawd". It's where the present day English word "God" came from.

The old Semitic Deity Gad, Deity of Fortune. There were many Semitic Deities back then.

The only people today who pray to YHWH, the real deity.... are Jewish people.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
An old Hebrew word when pronounced sounds like "Gawd". It's where the present day English word "God" came from.

No, it isn't. The English word for God comes from the Germanic "Gudan", which when traced back to it's proto-Indo European word, means "to call" or "invoke". The word Gudan was first written in an early book called Codex Argenteus.

The Hebrews had/have several names for God, none of which sounded like God.

The old Semitic Deity Gad, Deity of Fortune. There were many Semitic Deities back then.

Indeed there were, not sure of the relevance mind you.

The only people today who pray to YHWH, the real deity.... .

Only the "real deity" if you believe it, otherwise it's just another bunch of ancient stories, of which many are found around the world.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hebrew and Arabic were created from Phoenician/Aramaic.

Phoenician became one of the most widely used writing systems, spread by Phoenician merchants across the Mediterranean world, where it was assimilated by many other cultures and evolved. The Aramaic alphabet, a modified form of Phoenician, was the ancestor of the modern Arabic and Hebrew scripts. The Greek alphabet (and by extension its descendants such as the Latin, the Cyrillic and the Coptic), was a direct successor of Phoenician, though certain letter values were changed to represent vowels.

The Paleo-Hebrew alphabet, used to write early Hebrew, was a regional offshoot of, but was rooted in Phoenician; it is nearly identical to the Phoenician one. The Samaritan alphabet, used by the Samaritans, is a direct descendant of the Paleo-Hebrew alphabet.

Phoenician alphabet

Paleo-Hebrew alphabet

English is a West Germanic language that originated from the Anglo-Frisian dialects brought to Britain by Germanic invaders from various parts of what is now northwest Germany and the Netherlands. Initially, Old English was a diverse group of dialects, reflecting the varied origins of the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms of England. One of these dialects, Late West Saxon, eventually came to dominate.

History of the English language

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There are English words derived from Hebrew.

agora (currency) from (AHD) אגורה‎ agorah 'small coin' (MW)

alphabet perhaps from אלוף alef 'ox', 'leader' (WNW) + from Canaanite 'alp 'ox' (AHD) + from בית bet 'house', probably from Phoenician (WNW) + from Canaanite bet 'house' (AHD)

babel from (AHD, MW) בלל balal 'confound' (SC) + in part from Akkadian 𒇷𒄿 𒀊𒁀 bāb-ilu 'gate of god' (MW)

goy from גוי goy 'nation' (AHD, MW)

and many more;

This is a list of English words of Hebrew origin. Transliterated pronunciations not found in Merriam-Webster or the American Heritage Dictionary follow Sephardic/Modern Israeli pronunciations as opposed to Ashkenazi pronunciations, with the major difference being that the letter taw (ת) is transliterated as a 't' as opposed to an 's'.

There is a separate list of English words of Semitic origin other than those solely of Hebrew or Arabic origin.

List of English words of Hebrew origin

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
(double post ....internet error)

edit on Dec-29-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
There are English words derived from Hebrew.

agora (currency) from (AHD) אגורה‎ agorah 'small coin' (MW)

alphabet perhaps from אלוף alef 'ox', 'leader' (WNW) + from Canaanite 'alp 'ox' (AHD) + from בית bet 'house', probably from Phoenician (WNW) + from Canaanite bet 'house' (AHD)

babel from (AHD, MW) בלל balal 'confound' (SC) + in part from Akkadian 𒇷𒄿 𒀊𒁀 bāb-ilu 'gate of god' (MW)

goy from גוי goy 'nation' (AHD, MW)

and many more;

This is a list of English words of Hebrew origin. Transliterated pronunciations not found in Merriam-Webster or the American Heritage Dictionary follow Sephardic/Modern Israeli pronunciations as opposed to Ashkenazi pronunciations, with the major difference being that the letter taw (ת) is transliterated as a 't' as opposed to an 's'.

There is a separate list of English words of Semitic origin other than those solely of Hebrew or Arabic origin.

List of English words of Hebrew origin

That's a "fail" on Wikipedia's part (hopefully the article will be reviewed.)

"Agora" isn't an English word. We don't use it. Nor is Bar Mitzvah (Jews use it, but it's not English for 'birthday' or 'coming of age.' "Mazuma" is not a word I've ever heard any English speaker use, and "Pharaoh" doesn't come from Hebrew (the Egyptians and Greeks weren't Hebrews.)

Really awful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join