It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts on Anonymous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I have been doing some research on Anonymous in general, and I am still not sure what to think of it all just yet. I am trying to look at it from all angles, and formulate an opinion about this movement. I think we are about to see if Anonymous truly has the stuff they say they do in the next few weeks, which I also posted an article in Alternative Breaking News about.

I mentioned that I am trying to keep an open mind and look at this from all points of views, and would love to hear your thoughts on this. I encourage you to be as frank as you would like in this thread about it. I am not going to debate who is right or wrong, just trying to gain some insight as to how they/it/whatever is perceived.

Personally, the whole idea about about "there is no group" thing, I am not buying for a second. This is just a semantic to distract one for the time being as to what exactly is behind the scenes and you can play mind games about it all you want.

Group: 1. any collection or assemblage of persons or things; cluster; aggregation: a group of protesters; a remarkable group of paintings. 2. a number of persons or things ranged or considered together as being related in some way.

Under that definition, they are definitely a group. They are definitely organized as a collection, cluster, or aggregation, or related in some way.

Anonymous: 1. without any name acknowledged, as that of author, contributor, or the like: an anonymous letter to the editor; an anonymous donation. 2. of unknown name; whose name is withheld: an anonymous author. 3.lacking individuality, unique character, or distinction: an endless row of drab, anonymous houses.

So as far as I am concerned, they are in fact an Anonymous Group. Anyone can be a part of an anonymous group, if they have the same ideology. So if you follow the same ideology, then you are a member of the group Anonymous IMO. Not stating this as fact, just an opinion. I understand their thinking though in what they are trying to portray as the image of "there is no anonymous," anyone "can be Anonymous." Don't really think in this day an age of events, this should be a focus anymore. Let's get to the meat and potatoes though.

I would encourage anyone that has thoughts on Anonymous from a religious point of view, NWO, Illuminati, UFO/ET, or any other faction to share their ideas on it.

Do you see it as a false flag op?

Do you see it as a false prophet?

Do you see them in the bible, Mayan calendar, or any other prophetic date?

Do you see God or Satan in them?

Do you see Alien/ET in them?

Do you see it as hope?

Do you see it as another enemy?

Do you agree with their tactics?

Do you think "the" or "a" government is behind it?

Do you think this is something just to divert attention from the bigger picture?

Do you think this is the bigger picture?

Do you think this is just a plan to help martial law be put in place?

Do you see it to help the cause of implementing military against U.S. citizens action?

Do you put an age group on them?

Do you think it is amateurs or experts?

Do you think they are insane or sane?

Do you think the movement is huge or small?

Do you think another conspiracy group like the Illuminati is behind it?

Do you think this is just another newly invented conspiracy?

Do you think they will fail or triumph?

Do you think they are world collectively or primarily out of a central country?

Do you think they have a solution? Or focus on just the problems?

Do you think this is purely revenge? ("We don't forget")

Do you think they have the best interest of humans or society in mind?

Do you think they are taking advantage of the youth for their cause?

Whatever you can possibly think of, please share. Again, this isn't a debate (in my eyes) on who is right or wrong, but hoping to gather some ideas of what others think on it. I encourage you to let your conspiracies theories "fly" in this thread.

Do you have a link you or something you can reference that maybe someone looking into this for the first time should check out? (Not including the main youtube stuff...think that is covered)

I can't honestly say that I "don't" have an opinion on them in any direction as of yet. Some things alarm me, some things I can relate to what they are saying. As for their actions to date, I don't think that is for me to judge at all. I would like to understand what is happening more in depth though.

Anything at all you want to share would be awesome!

Hope you all are having an awesome holidays!!!!
edit on 25-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i like anon its lulsec that makes me nervous. i think lulsec is totally some sort of black op gov hacking companies that wage war on the internet, much like the tasmanian massacre that saw all us aussies give up our guns.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I believe Anonymous is an FBI psi-op designed to limit our internet communication and freedom. I've heard of evidence of this and a little is all I need to believe it. They have to tools, personnel, motive...not some group of rag tag hackers, this is a media campaign to take away freedoms. Its only a matter of time before legislation is enacted to call hackers terrorists. And a inevitability that a large false flag internet operation will be used to hold it up.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

So as far as I am concerned, they are in fact an Anonymous Group. Anyone can be a part of an anonymous group, if they have the same ideology. So if you follow the same ideology, then you are a member of the group Anonymous IMO. Not stating this as fact, just an opinion. I understand their thinking though in what they are trying to portray as the image of "there is no anonymous," anyone "can be Anonymous." Don't really think in this day an age of events, this should be a focus anymore. Let's get to the meat and potatoes though.

we dont all follow the same ideology. there are different factions or arms as it were of anonymous. anyone can be anonymous.

Do you see it as a false flag op? - Anon as a false flag? hahaha no

Do you see it as a false prophet? - nope

Do you see them in the bible, Mayan calendar, or any other prophetic date? - nope

Do you see God or Satan in them? - nope

Do you see Alien/ET in them? - what?

Do you see it as hope? - yes

Do you see it as another enemy? - no

Do you agree with their tactics? - some of them

Do you think "the" or "a" government is behind it? - no, they arrested a few last year. Free Topiary!

Do you think this is something just to divert attention from the bigger picture? - nope

Do you think this is the bigger picture? - always

Do you think this is just a plan to help martial law be put in place? - no, i think OWS/TeaParty uniting against corruption would though.

Do you see it to help the cause of implementing military against U.S. citizens action? - no

Do you put an age group on them? - All ages event

Do you think it is amateurs or experts? - both

Do you think they are insane or sane? - both

Do you think the movement is huge or small? - bigger than you would think, and growing

Do you think another conspiracy group like the Illuminati is behind it? - no

Do you think this is just another newly invented conspiracy? - no

Do you think they will fail or triumph? - both

Do you think they are world collectively or primarily out of a central country? - world wide

Do you think they have a solution? Or focus on just the problems? They expose the problems in an "in your face" style

Do you think this is purely revenge? ("We don't forget") - Pure LULZ

Do you think they have the best interest of humans or society in mind? - again, LULZ

Do you think they are taking advantage of the youth for their cause? - no
edit on 25-12-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

edit on 25-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Do you see it as a false flag op? No but could easily become a scapegoat.

Do you see it as a false prophet? Uh, no.

Do you see them in the bible, Mayan calendar, or any other prophetic date? Nope.

Do you see God or Satan in them? Neither.

Do you see Alien/ET in them? Wow, No,

Do you see it as hope? Not really, no.

Do you see it as another enemy? No.

Do you agree with their tactics? Sometimes.

Do you think "the" or "a" government is behind it? No.

Do you think this is something just to divert attention from the bigger picture? No.

Do you think this is the bigger picture? Well, everything is. How big a picture?

Do you think this is just a plan to help martial law be put in place? No.

Do you see it to help the cause of implementing military against U.S. citizens action? No.

Do you put an age group on them? 15-25 with some exceptions.

Do you think it is amateurs or experts? Both, majority amateur.

Do you think they are insane or sane? It's a group comprised of individuals. Both I suppose.

Do you think the movement is huge or small? I would need your definition. Bigger than most think, smaller than some think.

Do you think another conspiracy group like the Illuminati is behind it? Not at all.

Do you think this is just another newly invented conspiracy? Not at all.

Do you think they will fail or triumph? Both.

Do you think they are world collectively or primarily out of a central country? No.

Do you think they have a solution? Or focus on just the problems? Depends who you talk to within.

Do you think this is purely revenge? ("We don't forget") No. It's either for amusement or change the world BS.

Do you think they have the best interest of humans or society in mind? Not as a whole.

Do you think they are taking advantage of the youth for their cause? No.

Do more research and ATS is probably one of the worst places to get info about this.

Listen to the guy above, he knows how to triforce. Ha.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Anon is very unorganized, they have different goals, some Anon teams fight for environment (like Finland Anonymous), some for free internet etc.

Anonymous is doing great thing, but some are fighting for wrong things, many are going rogue and not doing any teamwork. Anon Finland has been doing annoying things here, claiming many password and e-mail leaks here. They are mainly hurting for people when they should help people. I had to change my password for many websites because of Anon. My e-mail address leaked too, I cannot do anything for it. But so far no increased amounts of spam.

Screw you Anonymous Finland! Soon he/them get caught I hope!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

Do you see it as a false flag op?
No, not primarily, but it has that potential. As anyone can be anon, so can the gov't.

Do you see it as a false prophet?
Not really.

Do you see them in the bible, Mayan calendar, or any other prophetic date?
Perhaps in the 2012 thing, maybe. Look up the concept of "technological singularity" and ponder the implications.

Do you see God or Satan in them?
C'mon, really?

Do you see Alien/ET in them?
Perhaps. Only in the "singularity" concept. They may be waiting for us to come to our senses for contact.

Do you see it as hope?
Certainly.

Do you see it as another enemy?
Not based on their targets, no.

Do you agree with their tactics?
Sure.

Do you think "the" or "a" government is behind it?
It has the potential to be co-opted, but no matter what it will be taken over by the people.

Do you think this is the bigger picture?
Yes and no. It has the potential to be.

Do you think this is just a plan to help martial law be put in place?
I don't think that's the goal, but it could be used to.

Do you put an age group on them?
No cut and paste rules to it, but the generation that grew up with internet.

Do you think it is amateurs or experts?
Both.

Do you think they are insane or sane?
Both. Although "sane" is a pretty useless term. We're all sane in our own way.

Do you think the movement is huge or small?
Hard to tell... It's not one of those things you advertise about yourself.

Do you think another conspiracy group like the Illuminati is behind it?
"Like" the Illuminati, maybe. But on the opposing side is my guess.

Do you think they will fail or triumph?
Anyone's guess.

Do you think they are world collectively or primarily out of a central country?
English speaking countries primarily.

Do you think they have a solution? Or focus on just the problems?
They probably have an end goal, but the means to those ends will probably define the end itself.

Do you think they have the best interest of humans or society in mind?
Sure, I think it's all for humanity's sake.

Do you think they are taking advantage of the youth for their cause?
In a way. They're just using the generation that knows the internet.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Listen to the guy above, he knows how to triforce. Ha.

I laughed really hard at this.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
@vizzle @domo
"Do you think they will fail or triumph? - both"

OK...this stood out at me immediately when I read vizzle's and already had it copied to ask him to expand, but then domo had the same response. That floored me a little. So now I definitely have to ask what you guys mean by that? That was very interesting for sure.

I think it is awesome that you guys answered it like a questionnaire. Just so anyone knows, I was just throwing out wild questions, like I said, trying to look at it from all angles. Nothing of what I think is in those questions. Just wanted to demonstrate some of the different angles. If you want to use it as a questionnaire, that is fine also. I enjoy reading the responses, but wasn't really trying to imply that for anyone to use it.

Thought it was funny how you guys got a kick out of the UFO/Alien question. I put that up because I am sure within time, we will get some folks who can correlate it into that conspiracy also.

Just trying to keep an open mind is all

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a bunch of bored kiddies playing wanna be revolutionary failing miserably at it.. they're a joke cant even carry out an op with success. good for a laugh at best..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Damn. Cynical observer is right.

I think some of the stuff they're trying to do now is pretty righteous, personally. Some of the amateur anons and newbies are probably doing small stuff right now while the experts with big plans lie in wait. I'm sure they've read the Art of War too.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
@vizzle @domo
"Do you think they will fail or triumph? - both"

OK...this stood out at me immediately when I read vizzle's and already had it copied to ask him to expand, but then domo had the same response. That floored me a little. So now I definitely have to ask what you guys mean by that? That was very interesting for sure.

"Anonymous" is not a single group of hackers, or even skids. There are many different groups within anonymous that bring to the table their own skill sets. As we have seen, crews like TeaMp0isoN, AntiSec, LulzSec that are all very capable, but you also must remember that more than a few people were arrested (Free Topiary) in the last year, with certain folks still on the run from the police. So as Anonymous triumphs, there are also failures. With hacking, you really cant have one without the other. Each failure is a learning experience, which will bring about triumphs. The trick is to not get caught with those failures. Hacking is not like what you see in movies like Swordfish, or Hackers. You dont furiously pound away at your keyboard for 2 mins and you are in. Many times, you sit and stare at the screen saying "will that work, and even if it does, will it leave a trail."

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
a bunch of bored kiddies playing wanna be revolutionary failing miserably at it.. they're a joke cant even carry out an op with success. good for a laugh at best..

Lol. Failing miserably? You must have missed HBGary, the U.N. hacks, STRATFOR, and quite a few other major hacks that occurred this year. You do read the news, right?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

I agree vizzle...I don't think today's release of info is any type of failure at all. There are a lot of people around the world right now not having a very merry xmas because of this. There are some serious players getting called out of bed and away from their families to work on this one. I can't see it as the work of amateurs at all.

What does concern me is who's work is this exactly?? I need to go do some more reading and I will discuss what I am thinking about over there later.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
lets see how this digests with the community,

anonymous is exactly how facebook is to the world, how google+ strives to be and how search engines are to every internet user on the planet.

It will be a requirement to have a facebook account as future business will require a digital " you " similar to how you own a cell phone in today's society so to will the digital world make it mandatory and your sole responsibility to maintain your digital " you " . The downsizing and expansion of companies that do not require a physical location will and is slowly being implemented across the world.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
LOL...maybe everyone is afraid to say what they "really" think of them

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
All of your questions are answered in this informative video:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

That was awesome....thank you!!! I am still laughing!

new topics

top topics

join