It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else spending Christmas alone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
MERRY CHRISTMAS SUGARCOOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

ga-`tv-gi,Thank you and Merry Christmas to you also
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I've done my fair share of Christmases alone. Four tours in the middle east, all of them over Christmas and 3 more with my now ex-wife gone overseas at Christmas.

The way I've dealt with it is just to relax and have fun and eat whatever you want and listen to music. Perhaps look at old pictures and be happy. Watch a movie and down a few of your favorite beverages. Whatever makes you content.

Merry Christmas Sugarcookie!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Merry Christmas to all on ATS, and to you, Sugarcookie.

Sorry to read of your stressful situation. I am alone today too, but it's by my choice, since the roads are bad out there and there are no road crews out tackling them. So having made raincheck arrangements, I got into my slumming clothes, and feasted on a can of beans in maple syrup which I didn't realize I had, but enjoyed thoroughly.
My sassy pup of a son wanted to know if I was going to heat them up on my survival barbecue stove! (I live near some abandoned railroad tracks) I have a feeling this hobo meal of mine will be talked about around the water cooler, but meh, at least I have something to eat that requires little cleanup and hassle, right?

I must have a horrible singing voice because when my precious dog was alive, he would leave the room when I sang (talk about non-verbal communication!), so you're one up on me! Hang in there.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yep and enjoying every minute of it while the rest of the family are gathered together elsewhere.

I could walk over there but meh, rather not.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Yep the dog went and picked out a couple things. When we left he was so excited we were taking them home he was smiling and staring at the stuff he helped pick and almost walked straight into some bushes lol.

Were going every year now.

I did the same about four years ago and he was soooo happy. He displayed each item to us, would bring them around for us to admire, and them laid them around himself on the floor for us to admire some more. He did not tackle his chewie and his cong until the middle of the night, when he woke the household up tossing the stuff around and having a ball, oblivious to our need to sleep and ignoring our calls to him to knock it off, haha. I hope they have lots of stuff like that in doggie heaven for him, because it sure was special to have him around. Merry Christmas to you and your niece.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good thread!

I am all by lonesome as well today. But I don't look at it as all bad. I am usually alone on the hollidays recently. Its quiet and I can get a lot done. I did absolutely hate it, but as time has gone on, now I love it. Just doing laundry, watchin some south park, ate a couple pb and j's. Just relaxin. Probably gonna go in the hot tub soon. As I watch my facebook of all the people going here or there, dealing with this or that. Arguments, family feuds, ect. And I get a normal weekend.

So, here is to being alone on Christmas!
CHEERS!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm home alone with my dogs, too. No TV either, haven't had service since the digital switchover. I don't mind. I prefer to be left alone anyway. I have a very social job, so at home i'm somewhat of a recluse.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Spent many as a family outcast but I've always had good friends to join me, that still goes on to this day, although now I do have a family of my own. My little guy's first Christmas and it's been good. I'm very grateful because I know how it feels to be without one.

I wish you a very merry Christmas! Sending you my thoughts and best wishes.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Merry Christmas tsawyer2 ! I took your advice and watched a movie and made a yummy dinner and just relaxed
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

See it wasn't that bad...

Merry boxing day!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Merry Christmas,aboutface...That can of beans in maple syrup sounds good to me
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well that's over.

Glad to see from this thread that I'm not the only one alone...don't feel so lonely with all these other loners!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Merry Christmas,curious7 and thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

Merry Christmas,MoosKept240 ! Im glad you got alot done and had a normal weekend
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

Merry Christmas,AliWV
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Merry Christmas,Cocasinpry and thank you for the good wishes..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Good video silent thunder..There seems to be alot of us alone this Christmas or away from home ..But its good to know the members here on ATS care
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Merry Christmas tsawyer2 ! I took your advice and watched a movie and made a yummy dinner and just relaxed
peace,sugarcookie1

I'm happy you took my advice. I hope you had a good day and have a Happy New Year too! Will you be alone on New Year's eve as well? If so, I'll write myself a reminder to U2U you to wish you Happy New Year at midnight or close to it. That way you will at least get something.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hi tsawyer2 ..I made it through Christmas and New years, i wont be going any were i will be here on ATS bringing in the new year with the members 2012 is going to be a huge change for the better for me
peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join