It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else spending Christmas alone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
You can also be amongst lots of people and still be alone. A situation in which you just want to run and be alone but can't. Some would envy you. Have a good xmas and look forward to a New Year filled with love and peace.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'm not alone but I would rather be.
Try finishing work at 2 AM this morning and having to do another shift at 11AM.
£100 vanished from my wages, I spent hundreds on everybody and forgot to get me self anything,
My mom just yesterday relapsed from a 5 month alcohol detox and she yelled my brother out the house earlia.
My dads been missing for a month and I can't seem to find him.
I'm hurting from a recent-ish break up and the guy I'm dating now has been in a mood with me since last ngt.

The cherry on top is I don't have a day off for another week and I'm in bar work, my bonus should be all me tips, but the boss reckons I've got to share then with 10 members of staff who aren't even working :s

And I gota spend £25 there n back and miss dinner with the famo.

I would love to be alone and left in peace I hate having to deal with people but I have people that rely on me to be strong,

Swapsies??

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

silent thunder,I wish you weren't alone so far from home that has to be hard but wishing you a Merry Christmas and thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Thats what i love about ATS everyone is here for ya and it sure makes me feel allot better that people care im even smiling! thank you..sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

IrVulture..I guess im not nuts my dogs just look at me like isn't it your bed time lol Stop singing to us ..thanks for the post..sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Merry christmas! You are never alone you know. Plus your dog will understand you! I wish i still had a dog. Lucky you!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

Thats very true being amongst lots of people and still be alone been there done that..Have a Merry Christmas..peace and love,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Thanks CharonIncarnate,My dogs keep me allot of company id bee lost without them! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Im off to bed to try and shake some of this being alone
I will be back tomorrow Christmas day hugssss to all for makeing me feel better..peace, sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i am spending dec 25th alone - just another day in the ape house sadly no snow - so my morning walk was short and damp

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
always do.. just another day out here.. sitting out on my porch having a glass of absinthe and cigar enjoying a quiet, rainy evening ..

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
i got 3 broken and 2 cracked ribs for xmas (pain is my friend!)
had my 2 boys for the solstice,which was amazing!

i don't really celebrate xmas,so i'm usually alone anyway.keep your spirits up! just think,the days are getting longer now,thats something to be positive about!!!

happy yule,and may the Gods and Goddess smile upon you!
peace on earth

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I am with my three cats and I am actually grateful. I don't have to spend money I don't have to impress people.

I actually woke up this morning and my first thought was about all the Children who had nothing all year and who will have nothing for a long time after Christmas day.

I thought of all the people who will starve today and many of them will die.

I thought of all the people on the planet who will overeat, drink too much and then get depressed over their credit card statement.

All in all I have what I need and I am grateful. I must say I am involved in a life destroying situation that has been dragging on all through 2011 and so I decided to attend to correspondence to assist my situation.

It is just another day and I keep reading articles that inform me it is not even the actual birthday of Christ. So I am happy to distance myself from the consumerism and the over indulgence and enjoy a quiet ordinary day. I appreciate many people like to celebrate and indulge. Many people are lucky to have family and there are many - like me - who don't have family and who don't miss what they don't have.

Whatever the day means to you - I hope it is pleasant and enriching on some level.

Much Peace...today and every other day...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

LOL.

Singing holiday songs to the dogs ? Too cute. I'm not celebrating this year. I'm gonna Bah Humbug it and just wait for it to pass.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hey sugarcookie, there are a few of us out there but just remember, it wont always be like this.You have started to make a change already by reaching out on here. It takes guts to admit being alone at xmas so well done!! I have decided that this year is the last for me, next year i will enjoy xmas instead of volunteering to work as usual. Do the same, be positive about it and things will change. Thats something i can actually promise you. Take care and look after you and your dog x x x x

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Merry Christmas to you, sugarcookie! Sometimes I prefer the company of my dogs to people... I spent Thanksgiving alone with them...
Have a wonderful day!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
im alone on christmas
its not as melancholy as everyone expects it to be
you just put that kind of stress on yourself
i think its kind of liberating to be alone on christmas while the rest of the world is continuing in their traditions

what can i say, im a rebel 8D

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The lyrics of a Metallica song ring in my head.."By myself but not alone".... Whereever I May Roam is the song. You're not alone, darling. Never alone. Your dogs are there with you with an unconditional love, and that is far more dear than fickle family or picky friends. I'm by myself as well this holiday season, but for my son. I feel bad that I wasn't able to do more, but at least I was able to do a little something for him. He is such a good child and is thankful for what he did get. His dad will be by in a little while, and then I'll be alone with a pit puppy, a cranky poodle that doesn't like the puppy, and my darling cat, who could do without either one. Together, we'll cook supper, and watch movies that have nothing to do with an overblown, overcommercialized, gaudy and obnoxious holiday that tends to cause more trouble than its worth. Its cold and rainy outside, so its a good day to cook! Everybody, don't forget what you do have, and put aside what you don't. Besides, you have the folks at ATS, which can compensate for any insane or twisted family members any day of the week!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Merry Christmas to ya sugarcookie! =D Yeah I was just spending Xmas with my friends and family. In regards to a significant other, I've been single for about 10 months and it feels weird lol. Other than that its the first time in a long time I've been single and trying out the single life, you really learn a lot more about yourself.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Im spending Christmas alone this year and this is hard..Ive been singing Christmas songs to my dogs and of course they look at me like im nuts..Plus sitting here on ATS reading the forums..This is a very lonley Christmas! But i want to wish everyone on ATS a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Peace,sugarcookie1

Yes, I hate what Christmas has become in culture and society-- it leaves the lonely person outside.

How can that match the words, "Be not afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which will come to all people?"

What society and culture have done with the day does not match what it is.

So, if the Christmas without family is sad and depressing instead of good and joyous to the soul-- then it only means that most get it wrong.

"God became man so that man might become god."

And we know it can be so, because on this day we celebrate (in our hearts, at least) that it did happen-- and so it will happen to us, because He said it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join