It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratfor hacked by Anonymous Hackers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Wait, please -- Sony has had the hell hacked out of its two major online systems. My accounts included. And you would think that such paragons of hi-tech would know better.

Well, that teaches you for having a Sony product.
Sorry.

No, in all seriousness, think about it.

The kids that play ps3 and xbox are also the same geeks who aren't being distracted by girlfriends because they are too geeky. What do they do? They practice hacking, surf 4chan, chat IRC, and heck, isn't that 4chan by definition? All the 14-18 year old geeks in the world?

Sony, for example, can't know better, ever. It's out of their hands. They create the infrastructure, set the coding, but there's always an exploit, a flaw in the very design, which is inherent in ANY open system. There is no such thing as a secure network. As long as you are not an isolated network from the internet, there is a security risk. The "script kiddies" that everyone complains about are actually VERY bright minds that we don't give credit to, yet.

The "kids" are doing this hacking, but giving it out, to show that the system is vulnerable.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

Did they just Pull a Robin Hood ?

they stole money but donated it all ?

On Christmas?

Can see both sides here though.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

yup. last count was almost $1,000,000 given to charities in #OpRobinHood =)

A few homeless shelters and soup kitchens received a few pizzas today as well. Merry LulzXmas!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'll also go so far as to say we as "Elders" are underestimating our offspring, the "younger" generation that knows what is going on, and that they don't want a future we are giving them.

The fact that our kids our messing with reality in ways we can't perceive, doesn't make me fearful at all. They read the stuff that the internet gives them, RIAA, SOPA, you name it. They are creating what they can, and the burden is on them as the primary users who spend most of their time here. If the "script kiddies" bring down the financial establishment, it doesn't make me fearful at all.

It makes me proud.

TPTB have no idea what is going on. They don't realize how short their time is.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
This is terrible, Stratfor is an excellent source of information.

You would think that with their alleged security and intelligence credentials they'd be looking out for stuff like this.

What a drag on Christmas day, even.
edit on 12/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

You said it ....

They just won the oxymoron of the year award

It sure was an excellent source of information

edit on Dec-26-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

THE STRATFOR HACK IS NOT THE WORK OF ANONYMOUS

Stratfor is an open source intelligence agency, publishing daily reports on data collected from the open internet. Hackers claiming to be Anonymous have distorted this truth in order to further their hidden agenda, and some Anons have taken the bait.

The leaked client list represents subscribers to a daily publication which is the primary service of Stratfor. Stratfor analysts are widely considered to be extremely unbiased. Anonymous does not attack media sources. In this excerpt from Time, there is a brief description of how Stratfor analysts uncovered a possible US backed coup in Iraq preceding the US invasion.

rest found here..

http:///8yrwyNkt

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

im thinking since StratFor is in Austin and so is Blizzard (well cedar park), they got some good ties to all the IT industry here, i would assume it would be for network security to guard any source code the servers are running...

WOW is online, which means it can be hacked, and from what i hear they dont pay very well...

NC soft is also located here, Austin has a lot of tech companies, Rack space - host gator -
take your pick... matter of fact im sure a couple other security companies had the on call
admins double check for anything hitting the network...

SOPA PIPA NDAA... man people are getting pissed... im sure a few folks are seeing hacks like this coming...
its only a matter of time...

my question is... ? ... if Anon is this group of hackers that anyone can be apart of, and is actually encourage that anyone take part in...? how can Anonymous deny any attacks carried out in THEIR NAME, if some random black hat , cyber punk, hacker drops a firewall and leaks info from any server THEY hacked, in the name of ANON, then ANON did do it... there is no denying...

if i hack a central web server and leave the anon logo... then anonymous did the hack... there is no controlling what people do... any body can branch off into some splinter cell... and hack what they want for any reason and anonymous is trying to deny they did it...?
edit on 26-12-2011 by nvprose1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

from what i hear they dont pay very well...
reply to post by nvprose1

i want to start my own mmorpg, and make it a profit sharing endeavor. more it sells, more the players of it make.
first online mmo game in history to earn money while playing and do it legally lol
edit on 26-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Well, that teaches you for having a Sony product.
Sorry.

Don't be. I'm a lifelong fan of Sony, even though lately they slipped in a few aspects of the newer product. Their video cameras and TVs lasted me for more than a decade, while maintaining a truly admirable performance. I just bought a Google TV made by Sony, and being a techie, I'm blown away by seeing what this thing does. My kids pretty much got a brand new console in addition to me having all that Pandora music and access to ethnic TV video streams, integrated YouTube and what not. Yup, they screwed up with that audio in the device, the speakers blow, it's horrible and I had to hook up a spare Home Theater system to save the day.

Sony, for example, can't know better, ever. It's out of their hands. They create the infrastructure, set the coding, but there's always an exploit, a flaw in the very design, which is inherent in ANY open system.

I will have to disagree. Sony corporate infrastructure is nowhere near "open", that's just a silly proposition. They really just became complacent, and made a few crucial mistakes in their setup.
edit on 26-12-2011 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Do you have anymore deets? That sounds interesting.

Paid to play, instead of pay to play. That is a very unique concept.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Sony, for example, can't know better, ever. It's out of their hands. They create the infrastructure, set the coding, but there's always an exploit, a flaw in the very design, which is inherent in ANY open system.

I will have to disagree. Sony corporate infrastructure is nowhere near "open", that's just a silly proposition. They really just became complacent, and made a few crucial mistakes in their setup.

That was my point, that no corporation can ever make a "secure" system. The few crucial mistakes allowed for the exploit to occur. Even if they patch those, someone somewhere will find another.

Every electronic device ever created has a hack or exploit that has been discovered. In a nutshell, it's called reverse-engineering. The end users are tenacious, and even more so with information being shared over the interwebs.

I was able to root my smartphone after only a few hours, and that included making sure all the OEM software was backed up. It also includes the time to download the 320mb ROM. What I'm saying is that I knew nothing about rooting a smartphone, but within three hours the task was accomplished.

Apply that to ANY device that has an OS of any sort. They are ALL vulnerable. Nothing is safe.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Do you have anymore deets? That sounds interesting.

Paid to play, instead of pay to play. That is a very unique concept.

i u2u'ed ya.

seems the more logical way to deal with it since many people are suffering financially and it allows
a win-win for everybody. and win-win is much nicer than lose-lose.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Off Topic: Got it, and replied. Should make a new thread to discuss the possibilities. Aye?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You've logged into BBS's at 2400 baud, but never used IRC? CA had posted an IRC channel, yet you were unfamiliar with it? I can't quite get my head around that.

You also had to ask what /b/ stood for, yet you CLAIM to have been around since the 2nd gen dial-up days.

I'm getting a bit suspicious at this point.

Have you ever heard of 4chan before? How about Gopher or WAIS? There's a lot more that you should know, if you ever had a 2400 bd modem. BTW, I started at 300 bd.

Please clarify.

Nothing hard to believe...I wouldn't touch social media if you paid me. I don't keep up on it, I really could care less how many pieces of toilet paper someone used to wipe their rear and then wants to tweet about it, and I wouldn't participate or go anywhere near facebook. Life to me isn't "all about me." Nothing surprising about it.

And btw, I started on a commodore 64, and had pong the very first day it came out.

People change, interests change, and some of us know better than what to stay away from

Nothing at all surprising, but let your mind run away please

edit on 27-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

As an ex-IT person for most of my career, I find this EXTREMELY hard to believe, especially with this list of data, if it is accurate.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Anymore on this? I have been away for two days and haven't had the time to look into more on it yet. Is this the "only" report of it not being them? I am catching up on reading now and haven't seen this anywhere else "yet."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join