It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratfor hacked by Anonymous Hackers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
in another thread regarding a deliberate miss leading video of who and what anon is my reply still stands

you all may need to check your syst files.

#OPESR

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
in another thread regarding a deliberate miss leading video of who and what anon is my reply still stands

#OPESR

What???? Can you explain what you mean??? Ugg...I just finally got through with one virus literally. Instead of being casual, can you specifically tell us what you mean so we can prevent anyone else from hitting it?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

What???? Can you explain what you mean??? Ugg...I just finally got through with one virus literally. Instead of being casual, can you specifically tell us what you mean so we can prevent anyone else from hitting it?

> "Operation Empire State Rebellion" A campaign by Anonymous against the Federal Reserve and international cartel bankers. <

I assumed you new it from the hash tag.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

LOL...I thought you were implying one of the pages linked to a video that someone imbedded had a virus. Sorry, just a little paranoid after what I just went through the last couple of weeks from another bad link I hit off this site. No, I am not at a twitter guy so I didn't know what you meant. I even had to look up what "hash tag" meant if it gives you an idea of how ignorant I am on SM. This (ATS) is about as far as social media as I go

edit on 25-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
447. Company: Blizzard Enterprises

Why would WoW need their services?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by cerebralassassins

LOL...I thought you were implying one of the pages linked to a video that someone imbedded had a virus. Sorry, just a little paranoid after what I just went through the last couple of weeks from another bad link I hit off this site. No, I am not at a twitter guy so I didn't know what you meant. I even had to look up what "hash tag" meant if it gives you an idea of how ignorant I am on SM. This (ATS) is about as far as social media as I go

edit on 25-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

no problemo, however you should hit the alert button if you come across a link with a virus and stuff so as mods can take the necessary action.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Something just isn't sitting right with me about this. A "major" security firm with clients like this, using unencrypted data? (and that is saying the least of what really happened technically) Just can't buy it at all. Was it purposely left like this as a trap? Was Anonymous "led" in to purposely (willingly or unwillingly) release this information for someone else's agenda? Could Anonymous just be another organization's front, temp vehicle, or tool? Or is this just part of a much bigger plan overall?

I think there is something more to it, well of course there is, but I think the book's cover isn't the right one at all. I don't know why I say this for sure, but something doesn't smell right at all. It leads me to question what is really behind this and/or Anonymous then. Firms like this just don't have that soft of security period!

Given that the client list contains a number of companies linked to critical infrastructure projects, it seems if that list were to be presented to congress during the discussion of an internet security bill, it would give strength to any argument asking for extreme measurements to protect online data. Would it not?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Quite possibly, unless they release the data contained in said emails and damn all the companies to hell with proof of illegal/immoral practices. As someone already stated, why is Blizzard a client? World of Warcraft with hidden functions revealing user data? It's certainly possible in closed source software.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The Client list is an interesting read. Lots of companies involved in nuclear energy, also a number of defense contractors and state departments.

Curious as to know what this company does for them... Any thoughts?

Stratfor specializes in world affairs analysis, private intelligence services, and defense related news.

I'm a subscriber.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kutas
447. Company: Blizzard Enterprises

Why would WoW need their services?

A few video game companies use Stratfor for research info on games they intend to release. Companies like EA that release military related first person shooters such as Medal of Honor have used Stratfor, as well as collaborated with members of the Special Operations community to create an effective and realistic story line.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It certainly would now wouldn't it

It's not like congress is going to simply understand how such a top notch company was so lackadaisical
in their security measures leading up to this "supposed" attack. Someone forgot to lock the door on purpose if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
blizzard's name is activision blizzard or blizzard entertainment.
they aren't known as blizzard enterprises.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Something just isn't sitting right with me about this. A "major" security firm with clients like this, using unencrypted data? (and that is saying the least of what really happened technically)

As a person with some (actually quite a bit of) IT background and experience in the "real world", all can I say is, well, tough, there are some really poor decisions being made with regards to systems design (or lack thereof), and general hubris going around.

I don't see any good reason to not use DOD-grade encryption for a large part of your sensitive data, but I've seen worse errors of judgement in the past. The weakest link in the whole technology chain is human.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Something just isn't sitting right with me about this. A "major" security firm with clients like this, using unencrypted data? (and that is saying the least of what really happened technically) Just can't buy it at all. Was it purposely left like this as a trap? Was Anonymous "led" in to purposely (willingly or unwillingly) release this information for someone else's agenda? Could Anonymous just be another organization's front, temp vehicle, or tool? Or is this just part of a much bigger plan overall?

I think there is something more to it, well of course there is, but I think the book's cover isn't the right one at all. I don't know why I say this for sure, but something doesn't smell right at all. It leads me to question what is really behind this and/or Anonymous then. Firms like this just don't have that soft of security period!

True. It smells very fishy. Like a honeypot, in fact.

But, in order for it to be a honeypot, all the data would have to be bogus, as they have now compromised their clients confidentiality. If the info is legit, it's a hack. If the info's bogus, it's a honeypot.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

You've logged into BBS's at 2400 baud, but never used IRC? CA had posted an IRC channel, yet you were unfamiliar with it? I can't quite get my head around that.

You also had to ask what /b/ stood for, yet you CLAIM to have been around since the 2nd gen dial-up days.

I'm getting a bit suspicious at this point.

Have you ever heard of 4chan before? How about Gopher or WAIS? There's a lot more that you should know, if you ever had a 2400 bd modem. BTW, I started at 300 bd.

Please clarify.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
True. It smells very fishy. Like a honeypot, in fact.

Wait, please -- Sony has had the hell hacked out of its two major online systems. My accounts included.

And you would think that such paragons of hi-tech would know better.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And complacency is just a complacency.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

It's funny you should say that but Microsoft were preaching security at the time and then they got hit by the Slammer worm if I remember rightly. Did something nasty to SQL servers and after that they all just kinda went to sleep for a while. No data-loss just serious sleepy sleepy time;. The cause? Not practicing internally what they preached externally. All companies seem to become complacent with the most important keeper of records. Yeah, irony at it's best.

edit on 25/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Syntax

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

You are completely correct of course. And fishy honey also sounds totally nasty!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

just hit CNN... 21 hours later

click and compare for a spinfest I imagine

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Eww. I never thought about fish and honey at the same time before.

You also see the

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join