It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After missing for seven years, tsunami victim finds way home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Meulaboh, Aceh (ANTARA News) - A 15-year-old girl who was considered lost in the tsunami that engulfed Aceh in December 2004 proves to be still alive and has found her way back to her home in Lr Sangkis, Ujong Baroh village, West Aceh. Wati was eight years old when Ujong Baroh village was hit by the tsunami. Her mother, Yusniar, was trying to take her and her two siblings to a safe place but somehow she lost her grip on her mother`s arm and was carried away by the rushing waters, leaving her mother powerless to help her. Yusniar was able to save her two other children but she and the rest of the family eventually had to resign themselves to the notion that Wati was lost as she never returned nor had anybody in the neigborhood seen her again dead or alive.

Crazy story. I can't even imagine what this girls mother felt when she was swept away, or how ecstatic her family must be to have her home. Strange that she only remembered her Grandfather's name, but it seems everything worked out in the end. I wonder how she survived alone and so young. You would think there would be an easier way, like getting a hold of someone in the govt. I'm just glad she's home safe and sound.

Link

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

WHat's up DOMO???

I actually came to this thread because I saw that the girl came home after...you guessed it, 7 years.

LOVE YOU BROTHER!!!

Star and FLAG...
edit on 25-12-2011 by Destiny777 because: to add

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
That's a pretty nice story. I'm glad that everything turned out well for her in the end. I have to wonder what took so long though. 7 years seems like an awfully long time.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Destiny777

I actually came to this thread because I saw that the girl came home after...you guessed it, 7 years.

Poster above me, I know 7 years seems like a REAL longtime.

top topics

join