It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee Art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Today is Christmas day and here I sit, bored out of my skull at my part time job, so I thought I'd start a thread. Since I was about 15 or so I've worked in various cafes as a barista as it is something that I enjoy doing outside of my normal job and it pays the bills. In some of the places I've worked, spare time and lovely employers have allowed me try my hand at latte art. It's something I've come to enjoy quite a bit not only for the joy of drawing things, but also for the joy of watching people's reactions when receive their coffee. The purpose of this thread is really just to share pictures of some of the things I've made.

Firstly a little bit of background. There's two main types of latte art; the first being pouring art, whereby the barista will make patterns in the coffee through simple flicks of the wrist while in the process of pouring and second being etching, which is where a barista will get a pointed object such as a toothpick or thermometer and draw in the coffee using the crema. I myself am a fan of the latter and I thought I would share some of my exploits with the wider ATS community, because, well, coffee is delicious and coffee art is fun to look at.

And finally, one I did today:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Great coffee art - I especially like
the cat - must be because I am
a crazy cat lady. Thank you for
sharing with us. I think I will try
this sometime, why not, I drink
coffee everyday.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Awesome pics! If they are all yours kudos but...I do have one teensy weensy point to make. Is the coffee still hot when the customer receives it? I hate cold or tepid coffee.

From a Denis Leary skit about coffee (I do love his comedy) where he complains "Do you have any coffee flavoured coffee...?
"They got Cappuccino, Frappuccino, Al Pacino, WTF???"

It's a subject dear to my heart. Explicit language alert btw but it is funny.

Merry Xmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
They are all mine, yes
And yeah, after 7 years of even just 2 or so days a week you tend to get pretty quick at it

Thank you both for the replies and a merry Isaac Newton's birthday to you!
edit on 24-12-2011 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Nice work, thanks for sharing! As an artist, coffee drinker and cat lover, I'd enjoy the cat design

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Looks artelicious.

Second.
edit on 29-12-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I was a barista for a while back in the day... I loved that job (:

Nice work.. I like the flower.

S&F

top topics

join