It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop tells woman her niece died screaming and begging for her life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Very sad and sorry to hear these things happen in this day and age.

Why the hell did they just stand by; What's the background story...were they afraid to be sued if they tried and failed? Did she not pay taxes to emergency services so they refused to help her? They aren't paid enough to use the jaws of life or none were present? to... Was she that trapped inside it was just impossible in a short amount of time. So, really NO ONE tried to help her at all???? I mean really... someone couldn't have just helped her?

Explaining details as you have explained, by them is very unprofessional, let alone uncompassionate. I suggest they step down from their roles as officers and fireman. That's just DISGUSTING.

Sending regards to her family and loss of her life.
edit on 24-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
A horrible thing for sure...

Same thing happened here about 10 years ago to 3 people...
2 males and 1 female
I'm moderately related to 2 (males) of them 3rd Cousins...

They were driving too fast and flipped and wrecked.
They were pinned inside and could not get out.
But not fire yet...
Rescue workers arrived before the fire and
where using the "Jaws of Life" to try and cut them out.
The 3 in the car, although addled, were in good spirits, considering they flipped a car at 85mph.

Several bystanders and family members arrived on scene and also assisted... in what they could.

Then out of no where. the car exploded, injuring several people outside the car.

The flames burned so hot that it melted the paint off of cars that were parked quite a distance away.

All the while the 3 screamed and did as the girl in the story... Begged for mercy, and tried to free themselves.

Several people tried to help them, even after it was evident there was no saving them.
They ended up with 3rd degree burns and some of them had reconstructive surgery...
just from the ambient heat as they tried to get close.

The girls father came to the scene, he ran full force towards the car but before he got withing 25 feet of the car he passed out from the heat.

The people who were there are still tortured by this incident to this day.

It is one of the grimiest events to occur around here.

So I can see why no one helped... if it was like the case above... its impossible...

I send prayers to her family

edit on 12/25/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Very sad and sorry to hear these things happen in this day and age.

Why the hell did they just stand by; What's the background story...were they afraid to be sued if they tried and failed? Did she not pay taxes to emergency services so they refused to help her? They aren't paid enough to use the jaws of life or none were present? to... Was she that trapped inside it was just impossible in a short amount of time. So, really NO ONE tried to help her at all???? I mean really... someone couldn't have just helped her?

Explaining details as you have explained, by them is very unprofessional, let alone uncompassionate. I suggest they step down from their roles as officers and fireman. That's just DISGUSTING.

Sending regards to her family and loss of her life.
edit on 24-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: sp

I suspect she was trapped and they just didn't have time. According to my wife the car caught fore before the fire department arrived. The only thing i can think of is that the flames must have ignited the gas line which could have been ruptured on impact.

Burning to death is one of my biggest fears, it is a terrible way to go. My great grandad and great grandma (grandfathers side) both died when their house caught fire and my great grandad made it out but Lindy my great grandma didn't make it out so he went back in for her and they were found burned up holding hands together.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

That is entirely possible it could have gone that way with her. Still though, if it's evident that they cannot be saved. Would it not be better to spare them that pain?

Suddenly electric cars are starting to make more sense in buying. Fossil fuels are just to volatile.

I just couldn't help but thinking, if i were in the cops shoes i would have shot her and showed her mercy even though my faith forbids taking a life, i do not think that would be considered murder. In ancient times it was the Kings duty if a person was dying a slow death and would not recover he would pierce their heart with a dagger or shortsword to ease their suffering.

In a situation like that i just couldn't stand there and do nothing, her screams would haunt me for the rest of my days if i did nothing. Sometimes cops, paramaedics and firemen have the hardest jobs to be had, sometimes wether a person lives or dies hinges on wether or not they make a mistake, it has to be a terrible burden to bear.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
I got stuck in interstate median during a major ice storm back in 93. Been there several hours. State popo finally came up on me, asked me for my license and insurance. No concern to my welfare. A guy pulls up in a 4x4 with a tow rope and eager to help. This %^&#@ tells him he can't because he doesn't have a towing license. I lost all respect. $65 and he did call me a wrecker. Probably related.

Honestly, i would have told the cop to ticket me after i pulled you out of the snow. I obey the laws of man until they come into conflict with the will of Christ. It is not just a duty to help others it's a joy.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I wish I could give you a golf clap for jumping the gun, read more than the first few lines mr smartypants.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Plus every single police car has a fire extinguisher

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That is why in Europe we have mandatory to have in cars fire extingushers

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint

That is why in Europe we have mandatory to have in cars fire extingushers

Good practice if youre going to be motoring around with a molotov cocktail strapped to the bottom of your car, this makes me want to put one in my car!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well I am not sure that all of you live in Iowa, or if any of you do if you lived there around 2000ish. If you did live in SW Iowa around that timee, you may remember hearing about this..

Remember when people where getting stopped by sheriffs on I-80 around Cass Co, and the sheriffs would confiscate all the drugs and resell them, putting the proceeds in to a slush fund. Most notable was 8 kilos of coc aine that where confiscated, Sheriff called DEA, and then DEA came to collect the drugs and put it in hold for trial as evidence, there wasnt 8 kilo there, there wasnt anything!!

The cops in town would also stop people for different things in town, and then the D.A would tell the individual that they could pay an extra amount and make it non moving violation. A person once had a fatal accident they where recklessly driving and killed their passenger, they paid a hefty fine because mommy and daddy where uber wealthy, and the driver walked free.. The police there would also conduct raids with the sheriff on meth houses, and then turn and resell product and again put it into the slush fund. So eventually every freaking cop or public official had new cars, big huge houses that they couldnt afford on their salary (which was published every year in the local paper), and many material possessions. While the general population was like basically wondering what the heck was going on.

So yeah a small town being completely corrupt, a few years after this was all happening the FBI came in and started some investigation, and ended up having the D.A and most of task force had to resign. The D.A got a promotion from the whole deal more or less, he became a judge in Nebraska. Sometimes I wonder still to this day how high the corruption really went in Iowa. Someone had to have oversight on these people...you would think.
edit on 25-12-2011 by HeavenWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Although I am in Australia - when I was a Police officer we always carried a fire cannister in the truck. On many occasions the ambos were at the scene first and the firies would always do everything they could. When the fire is the primary concern - they are in charge because anything on fire is their area of expertise.

This story is cruel. Is this what the emergency services have come to - stop in the middle of a rescue because they are out of options. I am shaking my head...

Much Peace...for the young woman...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

its funny how in that whole story you talk about showing mercy, and having a heart...yet all you talk about is shooting the person in the heart or in the head...

what ever happened to risking your own insignificant meaningless life to save a fellow human? you never talk about entering the vehicle and pulling the person out, or atleast making the EFFORT...

no...

lets just shoot her in the head or heart...thats not the same as watching her burn alive(sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

its funny how in that whole story you talk about showing mercy, and having a heart...yet all you talk about is shooting the person in the heart or in the head...

He said that totally out of mercy and compassion for someone going through tremendous agony that was going to die anyhow..

There was absolutely no reason to tell the womans aunt of her agony at the end unless they just wanted to put pain into her life...no reason at all.

they could have merely said she did not die well..or it was a difficult death.. why the details?

My hope is that it was not recorded and put onto some sicko website..because sadly..those exist.

That poor soul is off this earth now.. and my prayers are with her.. may she rest in peace and love for all eternity...and leave the wickedness of this world behind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join