It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney and Gingrich advisers connected to over $40 BILLION in military contracts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I hear a lot of members on ATS toss around the term 'chosen one' quite often. Who do YOU think is the chosen one?

In this case, could it be both Romney and Gingrich? 1 darling, 1 backup? Both currently the national GOP frontrunners.

Romney: endorsed by Papa Bush and bankrolled by the 'too big to fail' banks.
Gingrich: known CFR, Bilderberg, Bohemian Grove connections.

Both known for 'changing their tune' on MANY occasions.

www.bloomberg.com...

National security advisers to the Republican presidential candidates have ties to defense, homeland security and energy companies that have received at least $40 billion in federal contracts since 2008.
Five of former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s 41 national security and foreign policy advisers have links to companies that last year alone received at least $7.9 billion in federal contracts, according to data compiled by Bloomberg Government analyst Christopher Flavelle. Of that, $7.3 billion came from the Department of Defense.

edit on 24-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well.. Few things.. 1: this sort of ish should be illegal. Fundraising needs an overhaul. 2: who are the choosers of the chosen ones? Perhaps we should start confronting all these people, and start rolling out some serious rope.. This government, this system, is an atrocity. And thats being PC.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You can lead a horse to water but you cant force him to drink...

People just dont get it.

Billionaires voting with their dollars.
edit on 24-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The military industrial complex is at it again, right under our noses and we don't even know it.

Spread this information around people, it may help to deter some votes going to Romney and Gingrich.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I would like to think a scandal or two is still to emerge, and take one of them out. Perhaps Mitt will get caught with a hooker in his magic underwear, or maybe Newt will be caught with a male intern chat script. Sure, they have money, but is that really all it takes to win the presidency? What about character?

This definitely will be an interesting election to follow.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
2: who are the choosers of the chosen ones?

Corporations.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Please link your source for this.

This is telling.

EDIT: Source for the graph I mean
edit on 24-12-2011 by litterbaux because: See above

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
The military industrial complex is at it again, right under our noses and we don't even know it.

Spread this information around people, it may help to deter some votes going to Romney and Gingrich.

Votes don't count, dollars do. There's your weener right there. Source?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
To be honest I only saved the picture when I saw it because it would come in handy in the future but I didn't have the link. With some google search skills combined with luck, I pulled the source:

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

For the most part, I would be inclined to agree with you but despite being third in overall fundraising, Ron Paul manages to circumvent the MSM and place first in Iowa right before the caucus starts. He is also a strong second in NH.

Money can influence and buy votes but they cannot buy principled votes.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

For the most part, I would be inclined to agree with you but despite being third in overall fundraising, Ron Paul manages to circumvent the MSM and place first in Iowa right before the caucus starts. He is also a strong second in NH.

Money can influence and buy votes but they cannot buy principled votes.

You mean like GW Bush? I thought those two(?) elections were rigged? That is what money buys is the manipulation of the system to get "our man" in. Despite the voting? No?

Ron Paul is at the bottom regardless. Not of our desire for him, but for the powers that be. According to chart anyway. Still waiting for source for that. I hope along with you as much (probably) as the "change we could believe in" platform of Obama. In the end, the same policies continue to flow with out any real change of the big issues. We'll see one more time, huh?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

To be honest I only saved the picture when I saw it because it would come in handy in the future but I didn't have the link. With some google search skills combined with luck, I pulled the source:

A snippet from your article:

Very wealthy donors are likely to play a greater role in this election cycle in the wake of recent court decisions that have loosened rules for campaign contributions. That will only heighten one of the dominant narratives of the 2012 campaign: the nation’s rising income inequality and the outsize political influence of the super-wealthy.

Although donors are limited to giving no more than $5,000 directly to a campaign, new rules allow them to give to “super PACs” that run independent ads supporting the candidates. Donations to super PACs are not limited, so billionaires can donate as much as they want.

Thank you Poncho Villa, I mean... oh you get it. There it is. If that chart can be trusted then there is no mistaking who "they" have agreed to elect and that is how it is going to turn out regardless. By voting first of course, but by any means necessary if the above board "tally" fails to comply. That is scary.

Forty two billionares... do you think that encompasses the Military Industrial Complex "whos who" list for the most part? A drop in their bucket compared to the money they stand to make from the next protracted conflict (war) we start. Thank you for the link Mr. President...

edit on 24-12-2011 by intrptr because: added snippet form poster external source

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Both of these Candidates while Busy Raking in the Easy Money , seemed to have Forgotten about the Voters that they Need to get them into Office . Case in Point , Virginia , Sorry Guys, you Both LOST OUT ..............LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
paul would get my vote. classic. 0 donations from billionaires. facts to back up pauls talk. paul would really change wallstreet, even the course of history.

very dangerous person paul. that is why they fear him.

new topics

top topics

join