It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Release of new Air Jordans leads to tramplings and gunfire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Release of new Air Jordans leads to tramplings and gunfire

latimesblogs.latimes.com

Huge crowds that came out to purchase Nike Air Jordan shoes Friday caused disruptions at two California shopping centers.

In Vallejo, a shot was fired at a mall as a line of more than 1,000 people waited to purchase the shoes. No one was hurt, but shoppers were told to clear the area. Police have arrested a suspect in the case, according to the Contra Costa Times.

Customers had to wait several hours before returning to purchase shoes.

At the Bayfair Mall in San Leandro, another huge group of shoppers was turned away.

In this case, police said some people waiting to purchase the sho
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This for $180 pair of basketball shoes.

Someone was shot and killed in Maryland too.

THIS is one of many things that is wrong with America. People in this world are Animals. Killing someone over a pair of shoes? Really? What has America come to? This is pretty sad.

Im glad my parents had the good sense to explain to me that looking cool via mass hysteria was a bad thing growing up. I get that they are "Jordans" but fancy shoes as a status symbol, no thanks.

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

There is a video only showing part of the animalistic behavior toward this subject.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Really Op? Two day old news which has been everywhere(including other threads on ATS) and you thought you post it now? LMAO

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I dare anyone to convince me that if the social structure breaks down with no recovery on the horizon, there is no food, heat, medical services, law enforcement services, electricity, sanitary services (including sewage), rescue or fire services that this will be the scene only it will be instant, brutal killings in the cities.

Rural and suburban, there will be banding together to ready for these city locusts coming to clean everything out.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

So true - look what happened here in London this summer, just the hint that police couldn't handle the situation and all the scumbags came out of the woodwork to help themselves to whatever they could grab. It doesn't take much, heaven help us if there was a massive power cut or if the police went on strike - it would all happen again in an instant.

Now it's happened once, the second time will be so much easier...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I live in the Detroit area.

Nothing new here, this used to happen all the time back in the late 80"s early 90"s

People getting shot for sunglasses and jackets was not uncommon.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
False Idols demand blood.

Just saying.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Now imagine what will happen if we ever get a sun flare that wipes out electronics, it will be like the London riots times 100.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
post removed by staff

Don't know why I'm replying to you, yeah they are mostly black people (because of the area and culture), but I think I see an Asian girl with glasses and a ponytail at around 2-5 seconds in the video. Just saying......
edit on 24-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Dec 24 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

well i dont really like the way you put it, but yes, we can all see it, were just not aloud to say it.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
reply to post by manontrial

well i dont really like the way you put it, but yes, we can all see it, were just not aloud to say it.

There are plenty of videos of white people acting the same way. The video in the OP is just in a area with more black people.

Let's watch a video of black AND white people acting the same way to remind us that any kind of human can act crazy.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah right, heeeaaaappps of whites and asians in there. NOT.

I particularly like the black who tries to elbow the FACE of a GIRL at 1:20. Nice vid. It just proves exactly what I said originally.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah right, heeeaaaappps of whites and asians in there. NOT.

I particularly like the black who tries to elbow the FACE of a GIRL at 1:20. Nice vid. It just proves exactly what I said originally.

It was 50/50 black and white people all acting crazy over products. I'm starting to think your trolling.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is a problem with cultures more than a racial issues. It just happens to be that a lot of areas with black people have a culture that makes people go crazy over Air Jordans, it's a really crappy culture.

I have seen many examples in my life in London, of white people, pakistanis, black people etc doing crazy crap based on certain cultures in this country.

Anyone in the UK knows how annoying Chavs can be haha.

Do you put all white people in the same category when you see skater dudes, biker gangs, goths, gangsta wannabes etc etc? No you don't because you know that they all act a certain way based on a culture they follow.
edit on 24-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join