It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a name for this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have a very close family friend named Jodi, and she has an ability that I don't know how to describe exactly, or if there is even a term for it. Wondered if anyone here knew.

We can go to somebody's house after a funeral and she'll ask after we leave (as an example) "So, who was the tall guy with the gray hair and thick eyebrows standing beside [so and so]?" And she'll always be talking about another releative who had died sometime in the not too distant past. She's also incredibly accurate describing whomever it is she sees and it can be while visiting a family where she only knows one or two (live) people.

Sometimes when visiting somebodys home she'll see too many people that are "not there" she gets really irritated and wants to leave right away. She's even gone so far as to say aloud "Leave me alone!" to the entities(?) she sees. Now, normally I'd just chalk it up to she's nuts... but she's never been wrong when visiting somebody's house if/when she sees one or two "other" people there. Without fail it is a family member who has died sometime in the past 50 years (give or take) and somebody living in the house always knows immediatley who she's talking about (if she is willing to admit who she sees) -- usually she'll just mention it to her mom later after leaving and ask, "Who was [etc etc etc] sitting in the chair in the corner?"

She's not open at all with people when it comes to her ability (?) to see what she sees, actually quite the opposite (I'm pretty sure she thinks other people would think she's a raving lunatic if she talked about it). Most of the time the people she's visiting have no idea she can see other people there (and communicate with quite frequently, or at least quite frequently they try to communicate with her). It's pretty freaky.

Just curious if this is something people have heard about before?

[edit on 9-9-2004 by CatHerder]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CatHerder
It's pretty freaky.

That's the term I'd use for it.
That, really spooky, or super creepy.

How old is Jodi?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
She's 30, but has been able to do this since she was around 16 or 17.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i dont know what its called, but a couple of friends and i went to see a guy who lives on the donnelly farm in ontario, canada. and he seems to have the same, if not similar ability as your friend. for instance, while he would be telling us the history of the farm and its previous settlers, he would at time pause and point out to the rest of us when and where there were ghosts of the deceased family in the room. but anyways, cant really give you a name for it though, sorry. dfh out.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would venture that she is seeing either real spirits of the deceased or she is seeing the memories of these people generated by those around her. If the apparitions interact with the setting then the first is more likely.

I don't think she is crazy. It is a gift in either of the above instances.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sounds like she has her third eye opened.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CatHerder

The term for this ability is clairvoyance. If she can hear them as well, then she is also clairaudient. Source. When in a deep state of meditation, I receive messages via clairsentience. It both scared and creeped me out when it started, and I found myself doubting my sanity, but now that years have passed, I have not only come to accept it, but to embrace it. It is something that I can now turn on and turn off at will.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Hi, CatHerder.

Make her watch the "Ghost whisperer" TV series.
That is a rare "mundane" TV I watch, and it's quite well done.

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You could say that she is a medium. Have any of the spirits ever tried to get her to pass on a message for them?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
man you are really lucky to be her friend. advice to you, be the best one
you know how to be. just imo heard alot of different hypothoses about
people like her. this one makes the most sense to me. they've detected
chemical inbalance in the brain of schizophrenic people. doctors in that field like to call them "hallucinations".brought on by to much of one kind of chemical.(forgive me if i don't get to technical).

i think that's really just one way of looking at things, of this sort. what if
the chemical in balance lifts a very thin vail for these people? allowing them to see a world we were not meant to see? it certainly would make you look nutty to everyone else. maybe she has just enough of this going on to where it is controlable .ask her how easy it is to control?

almost forgot
dogs humping? what in the name of the son of sam? is this all about? yikes

[edit on 31-8-2009 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

join