posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
Okay, I am obviously not in possession of the actual facts in this case, but...
It blows me away that people on ATS immediately come to the defense of Iran...and immediately claim that they are blameless...and that, of course, it
is the U.S. that is both behind a smear campaign against Iran - and were actually the ones who perpetrated 9/11.
1) Iran stormed the U.S. embassy and took American hostages as part of its Islamic revolution...and only gave them up when they realized that Reagan
was not going to play their game any more....he was going to blow them all to kingdom come if they didn't give up the hostages.
2) Iran refers to the U.S. as the "Great Satan" and has pledged to do everything in its power to bring about an end to U.S. dominance on the world
stage - if not the outright destruction of the country.
3) They have supported, financially and militarily, and made no bones about it...Hezbollah.
4) They have supported elements within Iraq who have made it their business to kill American troops within that country.
5) They have openly harboured Al Qaeda leadership in Iran throughout the Afghanistan conflict.
6) They are (in all likliehood) developing nuclear weapons.
So...I am asking...why is it so far fetched that Iran was part of the planning, and a part of the network of Islamist fanatics that wanted to "teach
America a lesson"?
Do so many of you really think that America is all black, and that Iran is lily white?