It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the propaganda machine is rolling again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Just because I point out a trend to your threads doesn't make me a shill.

On the contrary, it makes me aware.

Guilty conscience?

Never said you were a shill bro.

I have engaged in various conversations with you, many of them stimulating, but it does not change the facts of our very existence. I will not bother trying to explain as my own views are flawed as well. Just be aware that the obvious truth,whatever that may be, cannot be kept secret.

Happy holidays!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Theres TONS of disinfo and propaganda on ATS.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by beezzer

I thought he was talking about me. I've gotten that and troll and disinfo a few times in threads and U2Us. I do admit to being a little trolly sometimes.

*sigh*

I wish I got paid to troll, I could quit my day-job!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I thought he was talking about me. I've gotten that and troll and disinfo a few times in threads and U2Us. I do admit to being a little trolly sometimes.

*sigh*

Me too!

I hear it pays well, where do I sign up?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No guilt.

I'm loud and proud and not afraid to voice my opinion.

And at the same time, I've posted apologies when I've been wrong.

That's a rare occurance on ATS.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's a rare occurance on ATS.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Me too man, I've been busted and had to admit my mistakes, it's a humbling experience.

It makes a better man out of us. Nothing wrong with admitting your short comings. It's the people who refuse to admit these mistakes that I focus on.

You can be loud, but to be proud, you should at least have a worthy cause to be proud about. Echoing prefabricated political propaganda is nothing to be proud about my friend, in fact, it's something most people would be ashamed of.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You made me spill a glass of Talisker (don't worry, it's 18)

On topic, my grandmother told me that, "If you're always honest, you never have to remember what you said."

I think that goes to the hatred and bias and people who fall for media manipulation.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by beezzer

Me too man, I've been busted and had to admit my mistakes, it's a humbling experience.

It makes a better man out of us. Nothing wrong with admitting your short comings. It's the people who refuse to admit these mistakes that I focus on.

You can be loud, but to be proud, you should at least have a worthy cause to be proud about. Echoing prefabricated political propaganda is nothing to be proud about my friend, in fact, it's something most people would be ashamed of.

To your specific points, I almost made a thread countering some of yours based on a dinner party we attended where I got to sit and talk to an Israeli counterpart. We're both Majors in our respective services and was told some stories.

In the end, I felt it better to keep my mouth shut about certain issues.

Like I've said in a previous thread

Reality is a canvas
Perception is the oils.
Its up to us to paint our own self-portraits.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If you don't mind, I would kindly appreciate a link to that thread you mentioned via a U2U or even posted in the thread. Sounds like an interesting read.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

*sigh*

I suspect most people who troll do so because a)they have no skill set b)too lazy to find a real job!

I would NEVER be proud of something like that and prefer to starve than add to the mount everest of circulating misinformation.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

If you don't mind, I would kindly appreciate a link to that thread you mentioned via a U2U or even posted in the thread. Sounds like an interesting read.

I never made the thread. I do try to ADD to ATS and not just counter anothers perspective. I'll post my opinion on a subject and move on. I stand by my posts and some may require a follow-up but I try to do stand-alone posts so I can wander. ADHD, Aspergers is to blame.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

So I just read the OP and see your point about the anger and vitriol. Who do you think this person is shilling for? TPTB? Govt? Military?

and therein lies the real question. I do know that the whitehouse has made it no secret that they intend to infiltrate these sites, but I truly do not know who backs the people I see. Perhaps no one does. Perhaps it is a bunch of individuals who were simply influenced by the msm to the point that they feel the need to perpetuate it.

I truly do not know. But I know what I see. And I don't seem to be the only one....

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There are an equal number of Muslim haters as there are Jew haters here. They both spout hate and vitriol, and neither has any clue of the history of the two. They just open their mouths and ThinkProgress.com or FoxNews.com comes out.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

To your specific points, I almost made a thread countering some of yours based on a dinner party we attended where I got to sit and talk to an Israeli counterpart. We're both Majors in our respective services and was told some stories.

In the end, I felt it better to keep my mouth shut about certain issues.

Like I've said in a previous thread

Reality is a canvas
Perception is the oils.
Its up to us to paint our own self-portraits.

Thank you for the insight, Major. If that last treatment is yours, I haven't
heard anything like that from the Officer Corps since Eisenhower. And I
take back the 'funny bunny' with a large shiner. And finally: my condolences
about the glassful.. any wine old enough to enlist that hasn't gone vinegar is
worth mourning-- if only briefly.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Anyone else notice an uptick in the muslim-hating rhetoric on this site since things have started to amp up in the ME again?

As soon as the rhetoric regarding Iran started to gain steam in the msm, it seems that this site has become flooded with anti-muslim threads and sentiment.

You want a REAL conspiracy? Look around on this board at all of the shills....

Yeah sometimes this site might as well be GLP for all the white middle class republican christian propaganda and viewpoints.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Domo you're far from a troll my friend. With an avatar like that it's impossible to take anything you say as mean or threatening.

Don't kid yourself bro, you're far from troll material. It's nice to dream though, right?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
ATS offers all kinds of haters, lunatics, and idiots the chance to sprout whatever comes into their feeble minds, and do it anonymously and without discernment. No way would 3/4 of the discussions here ever be had in a face-to-face or even real life group setting. Of course, there is also a section of people who just love the opportunity to argue and be contradictory with others, no matter the topic. This has been ATS since I first joined up and continues with a vengeance.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
hey guys,I want to be a troll too....the under the bridge type,not the internet type,seriously, I've noticed a marked increase in the "bashing".Too many people buy into labels, stereotypes,and to me that's a crime.If you can judge people based on no information about the individual IN MY OPINION you are perpetuating what is most wrong with society,because if you lump people into groups and judge them by the behavior of part of that group or in the muslim,world an offshoot,then you have made a grave error.There are evil white people,evil black people evil everykind of people,BUT IT AIN'T ALL OF 'EM....still hoping for peaceya'll

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So because you loose a few debates pointing out the obvious Muslim hate relationship, religion evil relationship you feel you have to make a thread about propaganda? If you think hard and rationalize hard enough, everything is propaganda. If someone is an enemy to the US Military, than they are an enemy to me! It's simple as that. Doesn't mean I hate all Muslims as you accused me of before.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join