It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Looks like the propaganda machine is rolling again

page: 1
16
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Anyone else notice an uptick in the muslim-hating rhetoric on this site since things have started to amp up in the ME again?

As soon as the rhetoric regarding Iran started to gain steam in the msm, it seems that this site has become flooded with anti-muslim threads and sentiment.

You want a REAL conspiracy? Look around on this board at all of the shills....




posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The only uptick in propaganda I've seen lately is the trolls/paid mis/dis informationists trying to make Ron Paul look bad. Which is pretty impossible to do.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by abilitiy
The only uptick in propaganda I've seen lately is the trolls/paid mis/dis informationists trying to make Ron Paul look bad. Which is pretty impossible to do.


its not that hard to do, but that isnt the topic here.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 





Look around on this board at all of the shills....


Because everyone that has a differing opinion than you is a shill?



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 





Look around on this board at all of the shills....


Because everyone that has a differing opinion than you is a shill?


not at all. In fact, i love opposing points of view. That is the only way to have constructive discussions. Why is it, i wonder, that you immediately try to turn this around on me?

These threads are downright hateful, and full of propaganda. They are not factually based, and seem to often come from new members.

Shills.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1
 

Dear Domo 1,

I think I see captaintyinknots' point. It's not so much that people are disagreeing with him, heck, I disagree with him. But don't you think the level of hatred, shouting, and virulence has gone up?

I know I've walked away from a few threads when it looked like the anger was so hot that no one was getting anywhere.

If that's what he means, it makes a little sense to me.

With respect,
Charles1952



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 
I don't hate muslims.

But I do get pretty sore at the ones trying to blow me up.

IED's are NOT on my Christmas list!!!



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 
I don't hate muslims.

But I do get pretty sore at the ones trying to blow me up.

IED's are NOT on my Christmas list!!!



Thanks beezer, you are a perfect example of who I am NOT talking about. Your threads have some actual research involved. You back up your statements, and you dont generalize that 'all muslims are terrorists'. You are someone with which a conversation can be had.

I am speaking of those that, when challenged, immediately call the challenger a 'terrorist' or a 'terrorist supporter'. The ones who start threads based only on hate, with no fact involved. The ones who are OBVIOUSLY spewing propaganda.

Seems the number is growing daily.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 





Look around on this board at all of the shills....


Because everyone that has a differing opinion than you is a shill?



It is not the Opinions that to some here are Suspect , but the Motive and Intent BEHIND them.........Just Look Around , they are Hidden in PLAIN VIEW.....



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 





not at all. In fact, i love opposing points of view. That is the only way to have constructive discussions. Why is it, i wonder, that you immediately try to turn this around on me?


I may have jumped the gun on that a bit. I get tired of members that think anyone with an opposing viewpoint (see second post in thread) are 'disinfo agents' or 'shills'. Do you really think that everyone who dislikes Muslims on this board is a shill?




These threads are downright hateful, and full of propaganda. They are not factually based, and seem to often come from new members.


I actually haven't noticed this being any more prevalent than it used to be. Do you mind linking a few threads you feel are propaganda/hateful? Shoot U2U them if you feel uncomfortable.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 

Being a person in the Army, I've got a pretty good reason to be angry. But again, I don't hate just to hate. Blame it on the TSA-generation, if you will.
America is so afraid of any and everybody nowadays.

T'is sad.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 





not at all. In fact, i love opposing points of view. That is the only way to have constructive discussions. Why is it, i wonder, that you immediately try to turn this around on me?


I may have jumped the gun on that a bit. I get tired of members that think anyone with an opposing viewpoint (see second post in thread) are 'disinfo agents' or 'shills'. Do you really think that everyone who dislikes Muslims on this board is a shill?




These threads are downright hateful, and full of propaganda. They are not factually based, and seem to often come from new members.


I actually haven't noticed this being any more prevalent than it used to be. Do you mind linking a few threads you feel are propaganda/hateful? Shoot U2U them if you feel uncomfortable.


No i dont think everyone who dislikes muslims is a shill, and i certainly never said as much. I asked a question, and stated what I see. And i see some OBVIOUS shills on here. Not all of them. But there are DEFINITELY SOME.

I will link a few of the threads, in a little while. I have a party im about to leave for, but when I get back, i will post them. There are multiple on the main page, right now.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952
 


I see your point and thank you for responding in such a polite manner. I don't personally feel like the anger levels have shot up, but I'm used to some more nasty boards. I also have a tendency to enjoy watching some of the arguments, I think it's amusing.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This would be a prime example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

he even takes to the textbook and says "this thread is not for bleeding heart liberals" in his OP. So basically, he is saying that those who have an opposing point of view need not apply.

Shilly.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


Sounds good. Perhaps it's that I don't frequent the same type of threads.



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


They're everywhere bro, you even already have one who has posted on your thread already (not saying names sorry)

I pointed out some obvious shilling the other day and my thread got shut down, funny how that works eh? Oh well... I'm used to it. The propaganda is to be expected and in reality it hurts their cause instead of helping it. The shills are the cause of their own undoing.

Shill is a strong word though, it's an effective word, I prefer to use words like "idiot" because when it comes down to it, that's all they really are.

Cheers, good topic


I have a feeling it will get shut down though



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


Sounds good. Perhaps it's that I don't frequent the same type of threads.


and i will fully admit that perhaps i am simply more aware of it now. It is a possibility. I was simply looking for the opinion of others on the topic...



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 
Just because I point out a trend to your threads doesn't make me a shill.

On the contrary, it makes me aware.




posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


So I just read the OP and see your point about the anger and vitriol. Who do you think this person is shilling for? TPTB? Govt? Military?



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


I thought he was talking about me. I've gotten that and troll and disinfo a few times in threads and U2Us. I do admit to being a little trolly sometimes.




top topics



 
16
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join