It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic modern survival into 2012 and beyond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Money makes it easier to survive without having to resort back to premative ways, correct? It takes money to make money, correct? We all want to make money, correct? We all want to make more money, even more correct, correct? We all got some money saved, correct? We want to make money to survive decent, correct? We want to save money to survive retirement, correct?

So a question is:

For decent survival money what should one do?

I'm meaning this for one that does not want to use any degree or career diploma they haven't obtained to obtain money. Better yet, what exact ways can one obtain money to survive in 2012 without any higher education?

Should one own a small business first, and then own a big business second?
What kind of small business does one start with if all they got saved is about $200?
How do they build up their money to reach their goal of obtaining decent survival money?

By the way, what is the current yearly cost of living?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

We all got some money saved, correct?

Incorrect,

Lj01 lives paycheck to paycheck.

Basic modern survival into 2012 and beyond

Try to keep the cupboard full, gas tanks full, and have camping gear...........

I know one thing the power and gas go out, I'm screwed.........for heat.

So, the basic need for survival does not include lots of money, just enough to pay the bills and keep the belly full......but that does not mean I will not strive to do better

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Frugal living and self sufficiency, focus on the basic need food, water and physically safety (I saw someone mentioned heat, well if you can not find or pay for the resources to for heat move to a region that has a better climate), there is a multitude of ways of doing that cheaply or free..

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by WarJohn

Frugal living and self sufficiency, focus on the basic need food, water and physically safety (I saw someone mentioned heat, well if you can not find or pay for the resources to for heat move to a region that has a better climate), there is a multitude of ways of doing that cheaply or free..
It is not easy to sell your house in this market to move to a warmer climate. I would say to liejunkie... buy a tent. I read that if your power is out & it is cold, set up your tent in your home and have candles in the tent. It is supposed to help you from freezing.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I have to think on this. WarJohn you ask some hard questions but my first thought is a higher degree currently doesn't matter. Need money to make money is correct but where to get the money?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I have studied wilderness survival for years. I admit that urban survival is totally different. One thing I did was go to Wal-Mart (Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, Scheel's would be better) and bought some non-perishable foods, drinking water, first-aid kit, a leatherman...things along those lines. There are a number of free urban survival ebooks available online for free. I think in such a time that money is worthless and knowledge is light-weight and invaluable. I have even taken my learning so far as learning martial arts (I am a wee bit paranoid, I admit). I just try to educate myself for the worst-case scenarios.

~Mick

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well #1 we don't know what the future holds really? but if we just continue doing what we normally do and add useful items to our collective that have sustainable benefit that's better than doing nothing in expectation.

money can be made from nothing, or free i should say, if you have a knack for dumpster diving? there is a gold mine waiting for you on every corner, if you have an artistic ability and a few tools, you could carve or fashion rocks,wood,bone,metal,glass or any other material into a salable item, it just really depends what you are willing to do and feel you are able as to earn outside the norm.

the only thing i can suggest is, whatever you do? just be sure to learn everything you can about everything you can, so you never run out of options, and good luck

top topics

join