It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up does not mean realizing the government is corrupt. Conspiracy theorists should stop misint

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Waking up means the soul waking up. It's very simple. The idea of waking up is a very ancient idea, this website lists numerous quotes about waking up the soul:

www.orderofmelchizedek.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

Waking up means becoming conscious of your own consciousness.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So, waking up means believing in mythical fairy-tale religious nonsense??

No thanks, I already WOKE UP from that. I have no plans to go BACK to sleep believing in that nonsense again.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It could mean either; awakening or enlightenment does make you realize the corruption of the world, which in turn makes you understand the corruption of government. But I understand your sentiment. I think one should have a spiritual base before researching conspiracy theories because otherwise you might grow too depressed about the world.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Waking up is a metaphor
Its when you realize that the entire world you live in was based on nothing but lies.
Realizing that you were just living in a dream

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think realizing corruption and greed is one of the first few steps in "awakening the soul". To make you wonder why people love greed,power, and material objects and how worthless these things are in the grand scheme of things.

To rise above the petty little things to look at the big picture as an individual, and in time how love and compassion in their place would radically change people's perceptions of reality and to strive for the betterment of everyone not on an individual basis.

To change the world, you have to understand the world in which we live first. While some conspiracies are over the top, there are those that have some factual evidence to support the truth. Conspiracies in my mind are nothing but the human mind trying to find the truth in the world blanketed in lies and corruption. Isn't the point of life to live and understand as much as possible in the time we have?

The truth shall set you free. Never before have I really looked at those words and believed it as much as I have in the past year or so.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
For me waking up was realizing republicans+democrats= 2 sides to the same coin in a greedy mans pocket. The eliite @**holes creating distractions and conflicts so they can get their work done without spectators. I needed to wake up spiritualy to see that, but I still think being awake means both.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"Waking Up" is a tired overused cliché, nothing more. It's merely ambiguous language used by the masses to symbolize the human capacity for critical thought, and someones sudden, albeit brutally late, realization of that power.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

Waking up is quiet simple really, when you are asleep you are not aware of what is happening, who you are and the reasons you do anything. As you awaken, a gradual process, you begin to see that everything forms part of a dream. the more you disconnect or devalue the dream the more devalued you are to those who are dreaming. So its kind of like you become more and more invisible. At that point, you are moving in another direction. A direction that many will not understand, but the important thing is that it is you who understands, knows and is aware. Let the dream and it dreamers carry on doing what they do, there is nothing wrong with that . If you oppose that, you are just opposing a dream. If you oppose you are still in it, instead of letting go of it.Your presence is here and now but you are freed of illusion, a completely different way of doing what appears to be the same.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
It could mean either; awakening or enlightenment does make you realize the corruption of the world, which in turn makes you understand the corruption of government. But I understand your sentiment. I think one should have a spiritual base before researching conspiracy theories because otherwise you might grow too depressed about the world.

Being enlightened means to me "feeling chi thru your body". Being encased in light. A physical thing that can be felt (I can not see it). They should really make up other words for this because there is a lot of ambiguity. Being awake is from me realising that the reality we are thought is only an illusion. You might be able to be awake without getting the enlightened state afterward. Namaste

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
"Waking Up" is in the mind of the beholder. The consequences of waking up from your slumber can be positive or negative, but the act itself is very liberating. It is the lifting of a veil to see a deeper reality of which you never realised or understood before.
edit on 25/12/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The government is corrupted regardless if you wake up or not...LOL In America, it is money and how it is tied to politics. How major money donators can influence politicians to further advance their own interests. In Russia, we have Putin acting like he owed Kremlin and can decide when and how to become of the president of Russia. How bad it is depending on how corrupted the government is. What is waking up? Your actions and of who you are, are no longer controlled by your surrounding. You exist for a purpose. You act for a purpose.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by filosophia

Being enlightened means to me "feeling chi thru your body". Being encased in light. A physical thing that can be felt (I can not see it). They should really make up other words for this because there is a lot of ambiguity. Being awake is from me realising that the reality we are thought is only an illusion. You might be able to be awake without getting the enlightened state afterward. Namaste

Ah...the chi....I never understand how, by being enlightened, you can begin to feel the chi energy. Chi and Kundalini energy are synonymous. That's the ultimate form of enlightenment. In Zen, you don't gradually wake up or enlightened. Either you don't or you become enlightened fully. As for the Chi energy, I assume one has exerted one's chi enerugy, or seeking chi energy, from without for a while--a long, long time. Once the sense of perceptions is being withdrawn from outside and the individual begins to focus inward, the Chi energy will rise up from within. This is where all the sense of fullness of consciousness and awareness comes in.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Waking up means to realize that the truth, and nothing but the truth, comes from the Art Bell show.

But in all seriousness, in my own interpretation "waking up" means that you realize that your physical existence RIGHT HERE is only a small part of something bigger.

This sounds simple, but it has huuuuuge implications.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
Waking up means the soul waking up. It's very simple. The idea of waking up is a very ancient idea, about waking up the soul

on the contrary, wake up mean the detachement from the soul thing where through ur body every inch of urself assert being real existing as any objective perspective around

souls are what belong to oness dimension life elswhere, while truth is pushing anyone constantly to realize its true present fact and act upon

unfortunately we are forced to wake up ourselves from nightmares that appear to be the only one dimension reference impossible to keep living through
but many of us had rather prefered to wake themselves of being really existing from what everything belong to present absolute right objective facts in truth freedom sense

surely from what there cant b true objective existence unless anyone is truly existing then everything would b true from truth up realizing all positive freedom constancy rights so individuals true realities

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Be wary of the search for Truth! It is a destroyer of the ego and all things associated with the ego! With true enlightenment comes much destruction.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Ah, the Ego, once again. You know, when the world is not well and corruptions and injustice are rampant in all walks of life---including your personal life. This Ego becomes a time bomb. Its destruction frankly is desirable. The sooner you kill it, the better. Here, enlightenment becomes dangerous and overpowering
Ego? What's an Ego? Its destruction? You can't destroy something that never should have existed!!! I always wonder if rather or not we are living in a better time than around the turn of the century.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Waking up is looking at things a little differently than you had in the past. That includes but not limited to how the world is run with governments and religions etc.

Waking up actually holds a bit of irony because when you realize things are not how you thought, you automatically want to place blame on being duped. And as enlightening as it can be it can also be enraging. So it depends how you want to embrace it.
For me, I realize our reality was nothing like we were taught so that opened up a place for me to become more spiritual and yet at the same time, a bit more cynical too. It's a balancing act I guess.

Just remember: governmental literally means Govern (takeover) Mental (ones mind)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Waking up means to realize that the truth, and nothing but the truth, comes from the Art Bell show.

Even though I think you're being sarcastic (yet funny) I once thought that! Still do

By the way, tonight on C2C Ken Johnston will talk with Knapp about Lunar Cover-Up

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
People generally do not have a huge overall problem with thinking in terms of self.
It's when they cannot see their selves in the lives of others. That's where they turn a blind eye. That's where they cut corners. That's where they sacrifice principle on behalf of the SELF.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join