It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moore's law for human evolution - what does that say about aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Gradually we are going to use genetic engineering to produce more desirable offspring. At first we will eliminate genetic defects and health risks. Then we will start looking at mediocrity as a genetic defect and before you know it we'll be deliberately engineering children to be talented in different ways. Any society that prohibits genetic engineering will quickly lose ground against societies that embrace it.

Human evolution will be like computer evolution today; it will increase exponentially. Older generations of humans will be as useless as a 10 year old cell phone. Individuals will exist as carefully designed parts in a social organism. People who are engineered for different purposes will be almost different species. Humans will begin to think of themselves as biological robots with no purpose outside their social purpose.

That is how I imagine alien society might be if it exists.
edit on 24-12-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Sounds like the plot of "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley. Lol. We, as humans, have a degree of genetically controlling desired traits we wish to see in offspring, but there will always be room for sporadic or post-birth alterations everything else constant.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have to say, this IS possible. With the way things are going, I think I would put my money on this one.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What if an alien civilization is different than that:

They got rid of every weakness and disease through evolution thus their offspring are perfect, like their species. They reach a new level of spirituality and energy so they posess powers that we call supernatural but to them its just the way they are.

They abandoned all the things that keep them from evolving from every point of view and left their species evolve beyond our imagination.

Thats what i think an alien civilisation would look like.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
Gradually we are going to use genetic engineering to produce more desirable offspring.

But of course this will only be true for those who can afford it.
Like optional dentistry, plastic surgery or other health related technologies that are available now, there are BILLIONS of people in the world who will never be able to afford it. This genetic engineering will never change the human species because of that. It will be a plaything for the rich like everything else so far.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Gradually we are going to use genetic engineering to produce more desirable offspring.

But of course this will only be true for those who can afford it.
Like optional dentistry, plastic surgery or other health related technologies that are available now, there are BILLIONS of people in the world who will never be able to afford it. This genetic engineering will never change the human species because of that. It will be a plaything for the rich like everything else so far.

That's a good point. Egalitarian societies might make this freely available. Other societies would reserve it for the rich, but soon the technology would become affordable and the rich would apply it to the comparatively subhuman poor to make them more useful.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Your hypothesis fails a bit if you add the thought that all humans are connected to a soul. You might be able to domesticate a person but in the end the person rebels (when he/she is feed up with the crap) and the soul starts to shine thru (both unevolved or evolved soul) . The more evolved soul the more resistant to bad domestication the person will be. Even a human body can "connect" and feel the next level, so why care about the body that much. It's only a container but I feel that it is a constricting one. The true value of a person is not the body or the mind. It is the souls. A message from the shiny happy people (REM)
. Namaste
edit on 24-12-2011 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I saw that movie too, Gattaca, good stuff.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Humanity is on a path that will allow an Evolutionary change in use of the fields of Genetic Engineering and Direct Biomechanical Brain to Computer Access for input and output of knowledge.

This is not so far in our future for it is happening now. It is Logical that people who are already teathered to their gadgets and smart phones and Tablet Computers....that the next step will be INTEGRATION and INTERFACE of all possible conditions of applications to ENHANCE MENTAL ABILITY

First steps are already being taken as Geneticists have already found how to make direct neural connection with bioenginered equivelents of a USB cable that does not trigger the bodies immune system for regection but actually increases growth of the recepters for connection.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
That's assuming nature doesn't find a way to get around the interference.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I happen to agree with this, but what about the 95+% of society that would violently oppose it?

The ignorant masses would never allow it. Ironically, they're also the reason we need this so badly..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Gradually we are going to use genetic engineering to produce more desirable offspring. At first we will eliminate genetic defects and health risks. Then we will start looking at mediocrity as a genetic defect and before you know it we'll be deliberately engineering children to be talented in different ways. Any society that prohibits genetic engineering will quickly lose ground against societies that embrace it.

Human evolution will be like computer evolution today; it will increase exponentially. Older generations of humans will be as useless as a 10 year old cell phone. Individuals will exist as carefully designed parts in a social organism. People who are engineered for different purposes will be almost different species. Humans will begin to think of themselves as biological robots with no purpose outside their social purpose.

That is how I imagine alien society might be if it exists.

Thanks op.

Thing is, perspective is the key. We, a species with a post-traumatical historical amnesia
believing the news and the date, tend do speculate only about causality, because we´re
bind to it: its the core of the 'current experimentation' on the childen planet

(check sitchins book about AA hipothesis... great new perspective on things)

Films like 'gattaca' or the new 'In time' are great speculative subjects, but the how and
why the society got there is almost as important as the thesis itself. If we are trying to
extrapolate POV´s this is crucial to any real scenario to appear and to be understood.

The society we live must rediscover FIRST who we are.

Eugenics is an epic fail. Control of the masses will be disrupted because our society
plays on the guilt part of self viewing (we are lazy and this is what we deserve). If we
give a clear target like "super dave", than lazyness is not the issue anymory, but the
phisical difference between elite and workers.

I would be pissed if my boss uses an brain booster that I cant afford. For even less
the working class go into strike. A complete system fail....

My 2 cents.

new topics

top topics

join