It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Paul Interview Uncut.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I'll respond by PM.

If you do not know who Ron Paul is, simply use google.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I have some ideas, but I don't follow politics. On a side note, I personally believe that democracies are to be more precise simply democratic dictatorships. I mention this only in passing, as it does actually pertain to this wider area of discussion.
Why do people elect leaders? Why and how are they chosen? 1 man, or even an extended family cannot really rule over many many more (unless they subject to him) I certainly have an idea how and why it happened, yet is still intrigues me. When exactly did we pick up the herd mentality, and how did it so quickly become engrained in our lives?

Ok, I await your reply. In the meantime, I will share with you my visions, only because I feel you have an appreciation for these things.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

in the relevant to the topic parts, people elect representatives under the idea that a single man imbued in the interests of the people is far more intelligent and efficient than an unruly mob. Democracies have problems because not every generation is as active as the next. Thus, democracies optimize a path to dictatorship, because it only takes a single generation with 51% of the people being apathetic to take advantage of it. And statistics show this happens as government wealth increases...only to doom it to debt.

Representatives are suppose to, and I say "suppose to" with a bit of irony, direct laws and settle things so no problems come up.

Ron Paul is the type of person whom triggers social activity and political activism. This is problematic to what is now called "the establishment". That's really just a broad term for the politicians whom have become leeches to apathy and wealthy from it. They don't want change, because it means doing their jobs and actually serving the people, rather than doing nothing and getting fat and wealthy.

I doubt they will kill Ron Paul. These are the type of people from the 60s. These are the generation after. And they are bound to their pathetic excuse of morality. That morality that they always go against in their nature, but are too afraid to get dirty to protect themselves. See they, in taking advantage of apathy, have become bound to apathy. And for that, they will go down with the ship.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

what do you mean PM, private message or PM time?
I very well understand the concept of democracy and associated problems. I do not understand the necessity of originally (taking the though back to the very beginning) subjecting yourself to a ruler of any kind. It makes no sense, to me...but more importantly, i wrote this, recapping some aztec thought, and some of your writing..., pls also respond to this by pm
I am happy to see that basically we are in agreement of the theory that there is such a thing as democratic dictatorship (not the communist type democratic dictatorship of the people)...I myself feel, and in fact know, there are more efficient, simple and fair (in human context) models out there..now in rant mode: .take a look at evolution...its hard to phantom the fact that the symmetries of the universe align here too...80% junk out there...we are equal as humans, but not as minds, although i do feel anyone has the capacity to be anything. we have become demigods, and we keep the weak (and weak willed alive). Sidenote: We will become full gods, imo, when we can create life from inanimate entities.rant mode off.
also am very happy we will not be quoting other peoples work and links and videos, although if relevant pls do, but not as a matter of argument.
so here goes, get ready to face some of your fallacies (not on subject, but maybe we can move it somewhere), I do have my own you know and you are welcome to enlighten me to them:

Dear gorman91, just to add to the aztecs, i do not think ancient astronauts are responsible for anything there...(as a speculative theory though it is entertaining and fun though) i have a few theories of my own, quite worldy and indirectly related to evolution. I will elaborate upon them as per your reply.

As for your idea that alien life is either more developed and wouldnt be interfear in life (benelovent) or in a way "dumber", but still be interested in life (to harvest intelligence) a la nephilim expose....well the idea/ proposition is extremely dualistic (just two scenarios, huh?). There are many thousands of alternate possibilities, many of which can be in fact partially proven with science and hence some evidence does exist. I will not expound upon this here (scientific side), but if interested i will elaborate...You need to read this anyway to be interested in the science side...
However, there is a third, equally plausible concept (on top of my head and possibly more plausible) why a higher intelligence alien would interwean, and there is a sliver of "evidence" or at least circumstantial speculation going a little beyond speculation itself, that may very well support it. You see goran, fate (or luck, time, whatever you want to call it) has forced many hands, including evolution.
Imagine this (very simplified): aliens are in a war. One of the waring faction decieds to hide out in the athmosphere of the planet. They are found. A war unsues. (anecdotal evidence of this exists, as well as some tangiable). The aliens ae indeed more evolved, they did not want to interween, but fate forced their hands. One side wins, moves on. But some from ANY side loose command of ship and crash, or are ejected, or transported down. (think here about good and bad mythology, duality of thinking).What would we do if we are the aliens? We may live amongst them, but ultimatley at some time we would like to get back. We would also teach (but only tricks so to say, although we may very much use our own technology), just for our own entertainment. Not because we are benelovent, but because we are forced by fate. Animals are fun up to a point, but intelligent life is a better companion. Ultimatly we may end up sending a beacon to space (somewhat possible that the pyramid served such a function). We leave. We were benelovent, non interventionists, who by fate ended up, somwhat interviening. As plausible as any other theory, maybe somewhat more. It all hindges on the fact, that can other similar intelligent humanoid species develop. I believe that science has given an answer as yes o this, although you are under the pressumption that we are the pinnacle or creation, i propose we are not (or not alone the pinnacle) and science does back this up...
On a sidenote, but related to the above statements, although your ridicule human centric (humanocentric fallacy) models (pointing out their flaws) yet, your (evolutionary) deductions are humancentric to the extreme.
After all you say we are unique and unrepeatable. So just for your interest, I introduce to you your very own logical fallacy working in your mind (extreme human centricity). Goran, meet your fallacy: extreme humanocentrism (I know there is another word, i forget).
And most likely an extreme case of (inherited from platos thought system) of dual thinking. there is a male and female. they are not opposites, they are what they are. wholes, capable of reproducing, or genders (scientific term).

edit on 27-12-2011 by BBalazs because: further explanations

edit on 27-12-2011 by BBalazs because: further clarification

edit on 27-12-2011 by BBalazs because: small corrections

edit on 27-12-2011 by BBalazs because: same

edit on 27-12-2011 by BBalazs because: same

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Ps: I cannot yet create a new thread, but you can for our discussion (under general discussion or debate forum?), or I can give you my mail or Facebook. although an open forum would have the benefit that both or ideas, sources get reviewed.
Pps: We really should move to another forum, sorry for any inconvinience.
edit on 27-12-2011 by BBalazs because: update

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

PMs. Are private messages. Go to tools, messages on the upper dashboard, or if you can see your lower dashboard, called "ribbon", simply click that and go to messages.

I will also PM to what you just said.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join