It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy birthday Jesus... You are the reason for the season!!! (Pagan propaganda refuted)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I gotta add..

Look chum... I rather get my knowledge strait from the book than from someone who has already fashioned up his own interpretation. That video is poison in the way that it's just another persons explination of something he himself probably does not come close to understanding.

My grandmother used to say... Not no one knows all the bible. If they say they do, they're wrong and they lie.

But.. she also said, .... dont read revelation, it'll make you go crazy.

Ya know... In a weird way, she was kinda right. No one is the same after reading that...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

In a weird way, she was kinda right. No one is the same after reading that...

Revelations is called the "The Revealing of Jesus Christ." Unfortunately, christians can only see the doom and gloom, and not the message of hope that it actually represents. That, IMO, is quite sad. Then again, these are the same people who condemn us to eternal torment if we don't believe like they do.

However, it is written, "The last shall be first and the first shall be last."

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So there are two Gods?

What from my post gives you this idea?

Why would I want to watch a video of some guy telling me what to believe when I have access to a bible? You think I would trust the internet before the bible? lol Oh yeah.. Youtube is truth! right!

He is not telling you what to believe, he is just showing you what the bible says, then you can check for yourself and decide. Oh and theirs alot of truth on youtube, I've learned alot of things thanks to this media outlet. Just got to be careful not to spend to much time on the wacky stuff.

Look chum... I rather get my knowledge strait from the book than from someone who has already fashioned up his own interpretation. That video is poison in the way that it's just another persons explination of something he himself probably does not come close to understanding.

The video is poison huh, or is that just your pride talking (I take it, it was) surely if you was interested in truth you would watch any video if it meant you might learn something? So your claiming theirs nothing to be learned from a guy thats studied the bible for 40 odd years? His interpretation is actually spot on, and biblically sound, and can be proved with scripture. The catholics are the ones that don't know how to read scripture properly, not this guy. I would bet my money that he has a much better understanding then you of scripture. Since you didn't even know that prayer is a form of worship. But hey, you know best!

My grandmother used to say... Not no one knows all the bible. If they say they do, they're wrong and they lie.

Well that is a pretty broad statement and doesn't really mean all that much.

But.. she also said, .... dont read revelation, it'll make you go crazy.

Then maybe she was crazy... The Book of Revelation is one of the most important books in the bible.
edit on 25-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

So you speak for all Christians then? I thought this website was to deny ignorance not embrace it...
edit on 25-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Once again, I must stand corrected.

I do not speak for any person other than myself. I do apologize for lumping all christians together into a mindless mass of brainwashed individuals. It WAS very ignorant for me to do that.

Allow me to amend.....

MOST christians are taught that the book of Revelations is about the end of the world, and that they will suffer eternal torment unless they follow a particular dogma. It is written that "many will say, lo, here is christ, or lo, here is another." Paul says "we see darkly, as if through clouds."

My point is that you cannot affirm your belief. The only thing you can do after a few thousand years of human manipulation of god's word is to "study, to show thyself, approved unto god, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the words of truth".

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

why would you celebrate it when you know the roots are corrupt? why do you think this holiday is filled with the spirit of consumerism? why is everyone so worried about gifts and stressing out about going to the mall, or not being alone, or being so drunk that we can't even remember who we are?

a evil fruit cannot bear good fruit... i feel like the "holiday spirit" isnt the spirit that the aware believers should accept willingly, especially when we know that december 25th isn't our messiah's birthday... we are fighting against invisible powers and principalities...

i understand christmas is to celebrate the birth of our messiah... but if we really care about Him as much as we claim, should we not do our own research on the true date, instead of easily accepting what other's say is his birthday? are we even to celebrate his birthday as we do today?

just some questions to ask yourself
edit on 25-12-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

ok rev, I'll bite only because I want you to be perfectly clear on what I'm saying to you. If for your sake, sure, but if for my sake, because I dont want you to miss understand me.

You said Jesus is God.

I asked you... So there are two gods? (sorry, meant lil g)

Then I gave you a scripture to interpret, which you did not.

You went right were I thought you would. Why would you avoid God refrencing Jesus and Jesus being Lord? Yet equal to God.

I'll have to go back and read, cause it's been a while, but wasn't Mary visited by the Angel of God?

but to answer your questions, since it's only fair, since I expect you to answer all of mine...

The video is poison. A metaphore. The person reading from the bible, showing me "proof", is showing me "his" proof... Just as I showed you mine from the scripture I sent you. Please re read it. I did to you just as that video did to me. I interpreted the bible to show another way, which I personaly dont know if I quite understand it enough myself to know what it realy means. To me, it kinda reads like Jesus is equal to God but chose to take human form, and he is refrenced as Lord, not God the Father. But you said Jesus IS God, so I asked you a question, and gave you the scripture to show me how YOU would interpret it.

That same "proof" that each of us can bring to the table might mean something totaly diffrent. I'm not telling you that yours is wrong. I'm telling you that your perception of "proof" is poison to me.

The bible does say something about being able to overcome poison if you believe.... this is true.. but could it mean that for you, me, a muslim, a wiccan? I guess it depends on who's perception of God is really the right one. In the end, I'm sure we'll find out one way or the other.

That video being poison simply means, I'm not interested in someone elses point of view in the bible unless they can prove to me... show me... in some way, shape or form, that they are worthy enough to tell me what's in those scriptures. Till then, I'll leave it up to guidance and shared conversations in such places as these and among the few curious friends. That anon person in that video has no credibility to me. It's worse than getting real news off the media. I dont believe everything that I hear, see or read, but I give everything a thought if it interests me. I definatly dont do people reading scripture to me without knowing something about them. I'm sorry.. I judge preachers. it's my sin. I'm very carefull to stay away from them. I might end up arguing with them over topics they would have no words for.

"Then maybe she was crazy... The Book of Revelation is one of the most important books in the bible"

Maybe... But every prayer she ever said for me when she was alive, came true.. and she was catholic. Go figure.

once again, you prove my point that the original "you addressed it to the wrong person" post comes in. Can Christians really call themselves Christians if they're not being Christ like? Does just believing get us to heaven? Or do our actions get us there?

Funny though.. I was raised in a very cajun, catholic, baptist family, a very large bayou lovin family.. We had healers who layed hands on you and prayed over you.. They were diffrent religions. Assymbly of God, Non Denom, Catholic, but all cajun women who believed and prayed often, daily. My grandmother prayed on her rosary 3 times a day. Before she got up in the morning, at noon, and before bed... She prayed durring the day.. They all did the same... It was normal for real catholics to do this.. Not ALL catholics, not many.

She always told people to pray to God for help. They had prayer groups. They were more gung ho God than you, me or probably anyone your age today could ever be. They prayed to Jesus, they spoke his name out loud often, in conversation. Sorry chum.. You cant tell me she was crazy unless you tell me that all true christians are crazy... If she goes to hell for what she believed, and even as hard and stern as she was, id say we're ALL going there, judgment had us sealed from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

What God has cleansed we should not say is unclean, you can find this all throughout the book of acts, it refers not to ust people, but applies to food and a great many things in life.

As i said before, Jesus may not have been born this time of year but he was concieved and that makes it even more legitimate as it was the day God set forth his plan to redeem all mankind.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

What God has cleansed we should not say is unclean, you can find this all throughout the book of acts, it refers not to ust people, but applies to food and a great many things in life.

As i said before, Jesus may not have been born this time of year but he was concieved and that makes it even more legitimate as it was the day God set forth his plan to redeem all mankind.

There is nothing impossible with God. And I believe that Jesus has the power to redeem days for Himself, He is the master of time. Just because it is celebrated on that day is a good thing, because it means that for one day we remember Him and reflect on the gift from God.

I don't understand how some people talk about Jesus as a good person, then get upset when we take the time to celebrate the life of Jesus. Who actually celebrate Mithras? Who celebrates Horus? Do the Greeks and Egyptians still do that? Their empires fell and fell hard. Those same people who celebrated Horus ended up robbing the graves of those pharaohs who taught them that they were the gods incarnate, little good it did the pharaohs to make gods of themselves. They laid up treasures here on earth, for what?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That video being poison simply means, I'm not interested in someone elses point of view in the bible unless they can prove to me... show me... in some way, shape or form, that they are worthy enough to tell me what's in those scriptures.

So how can anyone prove anything if your not willing to look at whats being said?

Maybe... But every prayer she ever said for me when she was alive, came true.. and she was catholic. Go figure.

All I have figured is she was a highly religious person. Religion is disgusting, Jesus has to enemies, Sin and religion. She may have been a kind person, but she was deceived into thinking she could please God with her own works, instead of the grace of Jesus dieing on the cross for her. The bible says all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags to God in Isaiah 64:6.

Can Christians really call themselves Christians if they're not being Christ like? Does just believing get us to heaven? Or do our actions get us there?

Believing in what he did for us on the Cross and loving him and proving this by having a desire to serve him in our hearts. If we have a desire to serve him it will be seen in our actions.

My grandmother prayed on her rosary 3 times a day.

The rosary is a damnable heresy, nowhere taught in the Word of God. I say "damnable teachings" because they are NOT based upon the Bible, but rather upon traditions and superstitious fairytales (like Fatima).

Mary is NOT a mediator between us and God as the Catholics have made her to be. The Bible clearly teaches that there is ONLY One Mediator between God and man, the Lord Jesus Christ...

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" -1st Timothy 2:5

Roman Catholics are utterly consumed in mind, body, and spirit with the "blessed virgin Mary" while Jesus Christ is ignored. I triple dog dare you to watch any Catholic worship service and you'll see Mary exalted to the heavens, but what does the Bible say concerning this heathen practice? The Bible declares...

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth" -Philippians 2:9,10

Listen to any Roman Catholic worship service and all you will hear is Mary, Mary, Mary! The Bible teaches that ONLY the name of Jesus Christ should be exalted, for there is NO salvation in any other name...

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." -Acts 4:12

Catholics believe those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary will receive some special grace.
There is absolutely nothing in the Bible teaching such foolishness. God never instructs us to recite anything; on the contrary, God condemns such practices...

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do..." -Matthew 6:7

Before she got up in the morning, at noon, and before bed... She prayed durring the day.. They all did the same... It was normal for real catholics to do this.. Not ALL catholics, not many.

The bible calls this vein repetitions and says not to pray like this. Thinking you can do something that will impress God if you do it repeatedly, or that God will hear your prayers more if you say them longer or use some special formula is completely false. The truth is God is our father, and we should approach him like one. You don't need to keep a prayer routine with him, would you keep a routine of when to talk to your parents? I think not.

If she goes to hell for what she believed, and even as hard and stern as she was, id say we're ALL going there, judgment had us sealed from the beginning.

If she believed in being saved by works and not the grace of Christ work on the cross, then there is a chance she's in hell, but only God can judge a persons heart. People who believe they can get into God's kingdom by there own deeds are deceived and are missing the whole point of Jesus death and resurrection!

You seem to be wanting to turn this into an argument rather then a discussion. There are a number of verses that show Jesus is God. But you seem to have a poor understanding of who God is. The God of the bible is triune: one God, three Persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. So to sum up the God head is called The Trinity. God is three persons, Each person is divine, There is only one God.

The problem with Catholicism is this:

Salvation is of God, NOT Dependent Upon Man's Works...

Over and over the Bible proclaims that good deeds CANNOT merit us salvation. Someone needs to tell this to the Pope! He preaches a message of kindness and love, but rarely mentions the name of Jesus Christ. You’ll never hear the Pope speak of the torments of Hell. I’ve never heard him speak of being born-again either. All the love and kindness in the world will NOT get you into Heaven. Catholicism teaches that a person must keep the “Seven Sacraments” to obtain Heaven. This of course is a lie of the Devil! You do NOT need to be baptized to go to Heaven! You do NOT need to confess your sins to a priest in order to be forgiven. No priest can forgive anyone’s sins!!! You do NOT need to go to confirmation to be saved, no sir! These are lies of the Devil.

I hope you will repent and put your trust in Jesus Christ and the bible alone and not what the Roman catholic church says.
edit on 26-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

There is nothing impossible with God. And I believe that Jesus has the power to redeem days for Himself, He is the master of time. Just because it is celebrated on that day is a good thing, because it means that for one day we remember Him and reflect on the gift from God.

I don't understand how some people talk about Jesus as a good person, then get upset when we take the time to celebrate the life of Jesus. Who actually celebrate Mithras? Who celebrates Horus? Do the Greeks and Egyptians still do that? Their empires fell and fell hard. Those same people who celebrated Horus ended up robbing the graves of those pharaohs who taught them that they were the gods incarnate, little good it did the pharaohs to make gods of themselves. They laid up treasures here on earth, for what?

Exactly. Jesus was the one who freed us from all of that. He made all men equal and all men free, broke the chains of bondage and broke Lucifer himself. He showed us who God really is. The joke is on the rich who hoard their treasure in their castles and fortresses and in the end when they die their riches will end up in the hands of the very people they spent their entire lives trying to protect it from. The irony. The pharoahs learned that lesson the hardway. You can't buy your way out of hell.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
autowrench, you know that I do appreciate your past experiences that have you where you are today. No one can discount your life or belittle what happened to you. But we share some similar experiences when it comes to the paranormal.

Let me explain about my grandfather, he had suffered rheumatic fever when he was a young man and it caused health issues as he grew older. He was never very strong and could not do physical labor as his brothers did. They were all farmers and carpenters in the small Ohio town I am from. His father was a hard-nosed German dairy farmer who lost two wives and about 9 children to various conditions, some of them as infants. My grandfather was the youngest of 20, which was not unusual for that time in that area. They were not Catholic, but they had children to help work on farms.

One day, when my grandfather was going through something in his life and challenged everything, he called out one day and challenged Satan to show up if he were real. It happened and my grandfather almost died of a heart attack. Ever since that moment, our family has experienced paranormal activity radiating from that house and even though my grandfather has since died in 1979, the effect on our family has been enormous. We grew up in a house that was haunted and the haunting did not stop after we all moved away. All the paranormal activity has followed us into our own lives today. We grew up with this and it has made us sensitive to the spiritual realm. Some people believe that we are psychics, but that term is so loosely used by people who find fascination with that realm. I believe all of us are sensitive to a degree.

I have experienced in my life angels and demons. I know there is good and evil and I know there are those beings who either want to help or want to bring destruction. I have seen in my life good people who were transformed through a mind manipulation to do bad things. When you grow up in an abusive home with a father that is Schizophrenic, you learn to be constantly aware and watch what is going on around you. That is why I know the Bible is true when it says to test every spirit, to see if it is from God. Without testing, you leave yourself open wide to anything that can and does lie when it says it is good, but it is actually evil. To assume that spirits are always good, because they tell you they are good, is naivete. Spirits do lie, spirits do intend on harm and the biggest harm they do is not overtly, but mentally and is designed to pull us away from fellowship with God.

I have read about your life, I have read how you pulled away from God because of the particular incident with spirits. The question is, how did you test those spirits? Did you simply take them for their word? You say they saved your life and you were the captain of the civil war soldier spirits. Did they call you captain?

Suppose for a moment this happened, suppose those spirits played on your ego and tugged at your mind because they knew this was the area of you that they could pull you away from God. I think it worked, you have indeed pulled away from God, because they made you feel as though you were in charge of your destiny and your life. They made you challenge God, but by what standard did you test them by?

I have seen people just like you go through something spiritual, you are not unique by any means. I have seen people just like you not test spirits, and their children end up in prison for drug abuse and domestic violence. I have seen people who fell away so far, they wander through life latching on to anything because it is a semblance of something good. But they never tested the spirits.

I know you have fully embraced the goddess. All I can ask is this, have you tested the goddess with the same energy you test God with? God left His book that explains Himself and that we can test God by His book, but what has the goddess explained for you?

I am sharing with you because I have also experienced that spiritual realm and know what is there. I have 8 brothers and sisters along with me who have dealt with this our entire lives. I know not to trust anything just because it says to trust it, that is foolhardy and unwise. Even Job in the Bible had to go through the paranormal experience but had to test the spirits before he understood that blessings don't come just because you trust anything and everything.

I hope this can be taken as a discussion and not an argument, because I understand what your experience has been.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is a reply to the link sent about
World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors

This is the rebuttal God Copycat List
click on each name to get the explanation of each and the comparison.

I started to make a table with each of them, but I do not have the time to tonight.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

wow! All that and you still didnt see anything...

lol

ok... You're so cliche pot calling the kettle black. You even put me on your "foe" status!!!

You, my friend... are not a true christian by the words of the bible alone. You speak them, but you dont walk the walk. Sadly enough, you probably turned 666 shades of red when you read my reply. (shrugs) It was a question, and a test of your own giving. And now you proved every point I've made.

Remember something else the bible teaches you... we are saved by grace. What you seem to forget is that the O.T. was made of laws for the jews to follow for their crimes against God in those days. The N.T. is quite diffrent. God shed his grace for all. I'm pretty sure every single living soul since Christ counts as ALL.

I wont call you a hippocrit, because I'm against going so low to someones belief. wether you call it religion or not, just because they have a name on it... doesnt mean that those people dont have every right as you do to get to heaven by their actions alone. Remember the parable of the 3 servants who were given money to do with as they pleased? Who are you to say their actions arnt worth 1000X more than yours? Are you the judge? Sorry, by your own "religion", since your ways are obviously not christian like here in the forums (and please dont say this is diffrent), how else would I imagine you in real life?

If I offended you in my post, I honestly wasnt trying to, but all the better
You show a bad side to the term Christianity. So, if catholic is a religion, baptist, muslim, judism, wouldnt christianity be one too? It has a name. Did you ever wonder what the names of the other religions mean?

I bet not. That's beyond you. God says seek him eternaly. God also says.. Love Thy Neighbor.. If you cant even get the commandments right, how can you be for God. I ask you since you are my new foe, by your own hand

Look chum, I know no one is perfect. I'm not calling you out on your sins. I'm just making a point, which you are quite furiously bailing into like a mad bull. I think I've said enough already. I really would like to get back to other topics. You're in a box. I was there once. That makes for bitter people. Trust me. Bad things are always around the corner for the bitter who claim to serve and do not.

I pray you find your way also

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I would rather be in a box of truth then be a deceived individual that is open to deception.

wether you call it religion or not, just because they have a name on it... doesnt mean that those people dont have every right as you do to get to heaven by their actions alone

By this quote it show's me you have absolutely no understanding of the new testament or why Christ came at all. A catholic who ignores scriptures and persists on making up there own gospel? Why will you not get the picture that your deeds are as filthy rags to God, and nothing you do on your own accord will get you into heaven? This is why Catholics are not Christian, you are more like a cult then a follower of Christ. Mary is the head of your cult. You commit idolatry every time you pray to Mary and you know it. The rosemary is unbiblical and the bible calls it vain repetitions. I could go on and on with the heresies of your church...

I think you know my words ring true, that's why you cannot refute any of the heresies I have exposed about your cult religion. I don't get mad at what you say, I added you foe because you keep calling me "chum" and because your very very deceived. People only make it to my foes list when they are very deceived.

God also says.. Love Thy Neighbor..

I am giving you the biblical truth, that is love. Someone that doesn't love would not bother wasting there time in trying to help you....

And like I said before salvation is of God, NOT Dependent Upon Man's Works... No priest can forgive anyone’s sins!!! You do NOT need to go to confirmation to be saved, only Jesus can forgive sins! Your family are not following the bible and are deceived.
edit on 26-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

not only are you clueless.. but you STILL oh nevermind...

I'll take it from your own responces that you're a narrowminded kid with a chip on his shoulder for anyone that thinks diffrently than himself.

You ARE the PERFECT posterboy bible thumping, nonsense christian of today. You are blind in your own beliefs which are NOT part of the bible. Nuff said.

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
would someone explain to this fella what "chum" means... I think he's confused with "Chump"

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
would someone explain to this fella what "chum" means... I think he's confused with "Chump"

Chum is actually the British way of saying friend. Chump is someone who is naive and gets into trouble. The word chum you mean is fish bait, but his chum was friend.....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I pray that one day you will trust in Jesus and become saved.

When you are ready to open your eyes to the false doctrine of the catholic cult my inbox will be open and ready to help you. Farewell, and may we meet again in happier times...
edit on 27-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Hypocrite Alert, Hypocrite Alert, Hypocrite Alert

From a bible thumper, surprise surprise.

It took all of what, 2 pages to reveal yourself?

So you start a thread saying that you want to refute pagan propaganda, you bash pagans, but claim that you only want 12/25 to celebrate your lord, but you don't care that it was stolen from the pagans. Which means that it isn't propaganda, you admit to it being stolen. But you don't care that you are celebrating on a holiday that belong to someone else.

So you think Jesus is ok with you bashing the very people that you stole the holiday from?
And its only your major insecurity that puts you on the witch hunt.
Because bible thumpers who insist over and over again that their religion is real, and are threatened by those who don't follow it, are trying to convince themselves as much as anyone else.

So if it really doesn't matter the day, there is nothing stopping you from picking March 3 or June 4.

Jesus, save me from your followers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join