It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy birthday Jesus... You are the reason for the season!!! (Pagan propaganda refuted)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Bowing is respect. Worship is worship.

I guess you would have to be chatholic, or raised that way to understand that your missconception is common place. Still, you speak as though you know what chatholics do, and I'm here to tell you, you are dead wrong.

You assume these things because you were probably told this by every other religion out there. ALL of them are totaly false. Dont take scripture and apply it to soemthing that it isnt.

if your going to get defensive and not add anything intellectual for debate, i see no reason to talk to you.

your statement

Remember, the
chatholic church and it's people are all satanist in disguise... according to most other religions.

my statement

i believe some genuine Catholics have genuine faith in YAHUVEH and accept YAHUSHUA as their savior
but the same goes for all Christian denominations: just because you say it, doesn't mean you mean it with your heart.

actually, i dont blame you for being defensive... whenever people hear what they don't want to hear, they usually berate and belittle me... it just takes a little time for it to sink in.

how can i be dead wrong about a Catholicism? at least i can spell it correctly
all poking fun aside.. answer me this: does not Catholicism encourage you to pray through saints? does not Catholicism encourage their followers to respect the virgin mary as a sort of deity?

doesn't Yahshua say noone goes to the Father except through him?

i honestly don't know why Catholicism encourages prayer through saints.... if you wanted to talk to Father that much, why not just talk to Him? why do you have to talk to your fellow brothers and sisters in heaven to talk to him? aren't the saints and faithful catholics both servants of our Father? we are not playing telephone prayer here.
edit on Tue Dec 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Anyone that makes it to heaven is a saint. I don't have time to reply to your post's now but I just I'd let you know that.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The Father Yahweh sent the son Yeshua

The funny thing here is, I have shown this guy the true meaning of Yahweh, that he was a Dragon, not a God, and he still insists that Jesus is his son! Clearly Jesus, if he existed, had to be the son of Jehovah, a Pleiadian God. Why do you keep insisted we worship a Draconian, RG?

Here is a description of the Leviathan:
Book of Job, Chapter 41:

"Whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine.
12 I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion.

13 Who can discover the face of his garment? Or who can come to him with his double bridle?

14 Who can open the doors of his face? His teeth are terrible round about.

15 His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.

16 One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.

17 They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.

18 By his sneezings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.

19 Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

20 Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

Here is a Bible (KJV) description of your God Yahweh:

Book of Psalm Chapter 18, verse 8:

There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

Verse 10, through 12:

10 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.

11He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.

12At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire.

13The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.

2nd Samuel 22:10:

He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.

Isaiah 27

1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Revelation 12:9
"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world [through Christianity]: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Clearly, Yahweh is the Devil/Satan of Christian belief. If Jesus is in fact the son of Yahweh, then he is the son of the Devil.

Can you see it now? The battle will be between Yahweh the Dragon, and Jehovah the Pleiadian, and the prize is our Soul Energy.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

And yet the bible says the dead cannot speak.

Hebrews 9:27 declares, “Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.” That is what happens to a person’s soul-spirit after death—judgment.

This is one very big reason I am against the Bible, because this is an outright lie.

King James Bible, may I suggest you read it before telling us what it says?
John 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. (Without knowing what someone's karma is, how can one judge another?)

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (Free from rebirth on this planet of pain and suffering.)

1 Cor 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

I have seen the "dead" for most of my life. I have spoken to dead people, at length a few times, and have been told about the World of the Dead, the 4th dimension of time and space. The Spirit is Immortal, and after death form a body similar to the one it is used to. Everyone attends their own funeral. This is not just me, either, there are many people who see the dead. We have the ghost of a little girl, perhaps 12, who lives in our house, we see here every so often. As a child, I often played with six mean who dies in the Civil War, they called me "Capitan," and have actually saved my life on two occasions. They are still with me, my whole family has seen them. I myself have very real memories of events in past lives. Wake up, and smell the coffee, friend.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by nakiel

Jesus is not my religion he's my savior. Not a huge fan of religion ether if I tell you the truth.

That's funny, because you come off, your beliefs and such, as a staunch and devout Church of God Fundamentalist, across the board. I grew up in such a church, and remember it quite well.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Touche' because you wont acknowledge any of what I have said. I was not defensive. I'm passionate on certain issues. It's not defence. It's ... Know what the hell you're talking about.

I wont answer ANY of your questions because you will not acknowledge anything I have said. You twist things around for your own delight.. oh yeah.. I have an answer for every one of those questions you repeat... pretty much the same answers as before, but since you're trying to get MORE specific.... not really..

no worries.. This is a usless topic when it's one sided. You guys think ya know everything because ya can spell the word catholic. Hooray for you. I still say you're lost in your on confusion of someone ELSES religion.

I even pointed out your mistakes and you ignore them.. so why bother...

You cant have a valid conversation/argument if one side ignores half the bloody conversation. I at least respected you by identifying everything you said and for the most part, responded and showed you proof of your own cluelessness. Still, like the childlike mentality that makes up this foolish world... you see with your eyes, but not with your mind... only what you want to see.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Anyone that makes it to heaven is a saint. I don't have time to reply to your post's now but I just I'd let you know that.

Show me scripture where it says this

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Touche' because you wont acknowledge any of what I have said. I was not defensive. I'm passionate on certain issues. It's not defence. It's ... Know what the hell you're talking about.

I wont answer ANY of your questions because you will not acknowledge anything I have said. You twist things around for your own delight.. oh yeah.. I have an answer for every one of those questions you repeat... pretty much the same answers as before, but since you're trying to get MORE specific.... not really..

no worries.. This is a usless topic when it's one sided. You guys think ya know everything because ya can spell the word catholic. Hooray for you. I still say you're lost in your on confusion of someone ELSES religion.

I even pointed out your mistakes and you ignore them.. so why bother...

You cant have a valid conversation/argument if one side ignores half the bloody conversation. I at least respected you by identifying everything you said and for the most part, responded and showed you proof of your own cluelessness. Still, like the childlike mentality that makes up this foolish world... you see with your eyes, but not with your mind... only what you want to see.

this is another speculation of mine: whenever people berate you, and they make fun of you, the description that the person makes of you is an actual reflection of themself and their ego.

let it sink in

your ignoring my words. your taking my words apart. i said bowing down ON YOUR KNEES is a form of worship. Bowing down in japanese and other asian cultures, is a bow of the head as a sign of respect. i know it firsthand because i am asian. theres a difference between respect and worship. i can respect someone, but i wont worship them. getting on my knees and praying to id

another speculation of mine:

everyones afraid of being wrong. Satan doesn't scare you, the truth does.

exodus 21:4
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

direct conflict, no?

and i do respect your passion, i just wish it was used for the right purposes; not to defend religion, but to defend faith. im not your enemy and your making me out to be. i am merely making you think.
edit on 25-12-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
No mate, you're assuming I am making you out to be something you're not.

Perhaps the purpose of words gets lost in type.

Still... God gave man free will. Taking that away from man is taking the very gift God gave them. So.. Religion is pretty much part of that free will.

It is demanded that mankind does not create graven images for the purpose of worship. What escapes me is the part that ties Catholics with Idol worship.

The internet is idol worship. no? Cyber Cafe's in China is a perfect example.

A car can be used as Idol worship. no? Ever see some guys/gals with their vehicles?

Tv... Jewelry... Anything that does not fit in the engravin image can still be worshipped and is done so today. Simply speaking about who or what you worship is a form of worship.

Bowing, prostrating yourself can be a form of worship, but only if you consider it that... Otherwise, if someone means respect by it, it is just that.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think the concept of Jesus being a rip-off of Egyptian mythology is unfounded. The people who wrote the Torah were closer to the time of those Egyptians than we are and if people are saying it is in this day is disregarding what those ancient people believed, Egyptian, Jewish and Christian.

There is absolutely no record from Egyptian sources that apply Jesus to their myths. There is absolutely no record of Greeks or Romans that applied Jesus within their mythology, because they understood the difference. If they did not do that in their time, it means Jesus was viewed as something else to them.

There are verses in the Bible that states those other deities that were worshiped. Diana was one, but the Greeks at that time did not reconcile Jesus within their worldview that made Him compatible with theirs.

Acts 19

23And the same time there arose no small stir about that way. 24For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen; 25Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth. 26Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands: 27So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth. 28And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

Demetrius was making money crafting silver for the worship of Diana. Paul said they were not gods which are made by man's hands and this disturbed those people who were making money off the religion of Diana.

33And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his defence unto the people. 34But when they knew that he was a Jew, all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians. 35And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Jupiter?

The concept to them of a God not made by hands was foreign to them, so I cannot think they would agree that Jesus was a copy of their religion.

Diana was worshipped at a festival on August 13,[11] when King Servius Tullius, himself born a slave, dedicated her temple on the Aventine Hill in the mid-sixth century BC. Being placed on the Aventine, and thus outside the pomerium, meant that Diana's cult essentially remained a foreign one, like that of Bacchus; she was never officially transferred to Rome as Juno was after the sack of Veii. It seems that her cult originated in Aricia,[12] where her priest, the Rex Nemorensis remained. There the simple open-air fane was held in common by the Latin tribes,[13] which Rome aspired to weld into a league and direct. Diana of the wood was soon thoroughly Hellenized,[14] "a process which culminated with the appearance of Diana beside Apollo in the first lectisternium at Rome".[15] Diana was regarded with great reverence by lower-class citizens and slaves; slaves could receive asylum in her temple

They did not see Jesus as being part of their mythology, so on that basis, we would have to disregard that concept.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

That's because you are not apart of God's family. If you were you wouldn't feel ashamed to let people know about having relationship with him. You serve mammon and not Jesus. Why should I keep our personal beliefs about GOD to ourselves when the bible says to go to every corner of the earth and share the gospel with every nation? I'm not going to do something because you tell me to, I'm going to do what the bible says thanks very much.
edit on 25-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I believe his Hebrew name was Yeshua Ha'Mashiach.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It is idolatrous to pray to anyone other than God.

Watch this and show it to your family so they can repent:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I stand corrected, if your translation yields to be correct.

However, I cannot argue with someone so totally brainwashed by their own belief system. Since you already know everything about the nature of reality, then please let us part ways in peace.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

You also have a belief system, everyone does... So maybe you are the brainwashed one?

Ever pondered the thought that maybe your not living in reality?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Druid42

You also have a belief system, everyone does... So maybe you are the brainwashed one?

Ever pondered the thought that maybe your not living in reality?

there ya go, NOT practicing your religion again...

See, this is why I really stray from sticking around such threads. Honestly.. It would have been a really good thread. Had you not thrown religion, anti paganism and all that into it. Alot of religions follow Jesus Christ. ALOT... So much that combined, most of the world follows Jesus. Your interpretation of him, by your words and actions, lean more towards... "It's ok, i'll be forgiven what I say". As soon as you say something about your love for your belief and what you believe, you instantly turn it around on the other person. For me to do this is normal.. I enjoy doing just that to those very same folx that seem to say one thing and then say something totaly against what they are saying in the first place. This is my humor.

But at the same time.. It irks the hell out of me when you see a "Christian" proclaiming one thing, shouting from the rooftops of the great salvation and love of Jesus Christ, yet, in the same breath... They do exactly what HE told all of us NOT to do... There is a word for that.

Like someone mentioned before... If you're not aware, then perhaps you will be forgiven or it wont count so harshly against you. I dont know. I know there are 3 major religions of the world today and countless smaller religions that all claim to follow God. All of which respect Jesus as a teacher, most as a prophet, and even more as the son of God. What seperates the multitudes is just that...

Was he a teacher? Was he God reincarnate in the flesh to feel what we feel? Was he the first angel? Was he the son of God? Was he all of the above? Was he just a prophet?

So many religions follow the same teacher, but none can agree as to what he was. Sure, groups agree among themselves, but as a whole, no 2 major religions agree on everything. But we all have the same sight.... God.

So, all these religions, 3 major books but so many diffrent versions of one, and no one still can agree on when they were written and by whom... Oh yeah.. There are a few other books out there.

Now.. We have not even scratched the alternative views... Occult, Paganism, Egyptian Mythos, Asyrian Mythos..

We're living in a world with so many diffrent beliefs, and with the books we have flooding our world... who can blame them? No one knows the real from the made up, unless you're just athiest. The rest stick their hardest to their belief system... except those that just pretend.. we'll call those closet athiests. In between those two, there is a place for those that scream their belief, but do otherwise.

Kinda like the bible tells the story of the priests and people who gave alms to the poor and rang bells so everyone can see them give to the poor. That was their reward.

Kinda like when Jesus said... If you're not hot, and not cold, but lukewarm, he'll spit you out of his mouth.

To me.. That's those people who just kinda speak about their beliefs and push their beliefs, but dont really fully act on them. To me, sorry, unless you can show me otherwise, that makes up about 99% of all religions dealing with christianity in general. Not Muslim, Not Judism.. Those guys are pretty tough when it comes to their faith.

Christianity today... Sorry, it's very watered down. People make a mockery of the bible. And I'm speaking about people that claim they believe in that same bible. Some people can quote scripture after scripture but never understand the words. I know athiest who act more christian like than many christians.

So in closing.. I will also say farewell.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Brother, i am going to tell you, that christmas is still a legitimate christian holiday even though it is true that Yahshua (Jesus) was not born on december 25th he was concieved around this time and this is supported by biblical evidence in the new testament. Jesus was concieved during Kislev (december) around chanakuh which in the time period around his birth was around december 25th, just like chanakuh fell on december 20th thu 28th in the year of 2011. So, if you count forward 9 months from december he ends up being born around october after Yom Kippur (the day of atonement) and near Sukkot (feast of tabernacles or feast of booths). Keep in mind the hebrew calendar year is not 12 months like the solar standard year but they use 13 month calendar. Our Messiah may not have been born around that time period but he was concieved by the Holy Spirit around that time which adds even more to that holy day as our God put his plan to save all mankind into action on that evening.

Furthermore, we do not have to worry about the pagan aspects of this day as we are not worshipping pagan gods but our Messiah and King and remembering him together on that day. And lastly, remember this:

1 Timothy 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

Our Lord said that where 2 or 3 of us are gathered, that anything we ask in his name he shall do it for the glory of the Father. If the need arises and there be any doubt left to any believers, let them now pray for Jesus to purify this day and make it holy for his name's sake so that no more will there be any doubt of this day we dedicate to him!

edit on 25-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I see you decided to reply to my reply to someone else and completely ignore the video I posted that proves praying to saints is unbiblical and is idolatrous because praying is a form of worship.

My reply to Druid42 has absolutely nothing to do with you, how about you watch the video that I posted?

Oh wait I forgot your not really here to have a civil discussion or to get to the bottom of things, you are just here to tell me what such a bad Christian I am. Another Christian basher typical from a catholic cult member.

I couldn't give a rats ass about other religions, or different beliefs, there was a time when I did, and that was when I was trying to get to the bottom of things myself. There was a time when i studied all the things you mentioned, but none of them could compare to the offer of salvation that Jesus offers, or the accuracy and precision that the bible has shown.

Like I said before Jesus is not my religion, he is my savior. Nothing I can do or say will get me into heaven, for I have fallen short of the glory of God just like every one else on this rock we call planet earth. Believing that Christ rose on the third day and did what he said he did is what matters to me.

The simple truth is that JESUS is GOD.

To believe he was just a teacher would make you a Jew, to say he is an angel would make you a mormon, to say he is a prophet makes you a Muslim.

As you can see all of the above is wrong, Jesus Was God reincarnate in the flesh, this is the plain truth.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

So there are two Gods?

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

edit.. btw, that post I wrote, was for you too. If the shoe fits.... Why would I want to watch a video of some guy telling me what to believe when I have access to a bible? You think I would trust the internet before the bible? lol Oh yeah.. Youtube is truth! right!

edit on 25-12-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join