It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy birthday Jesus... You are the reason for the season!!! (Pagan propaganda refuted)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Jesus doesnt exist,
(edit)

Actually he doesn exist, here he is

The sun of god, right?
edit on 24-12-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Do you now that "amen" is an Egyptian god?!?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hypothetically if the birthday of Jesus is the reason for this holiday then you should be celbrating Christmas on the 7th of January not the 25th of December. As far as I am concerned Christmas is an arbritrary day for giving presents and has no religous connection as it isn't even celebrated on the correct day by protestnats and catholics. That said I am an athiest so I really don't care.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Do you think the angels were all sinning then when they celebrated? Of course they did not on December 25, but on one spectacular night, the angels were singing and celebrating. Seems it is pretty important to be celebrated.
As I said, it is not the date that is the issue, it is the way in which it "celebrated". The "season" is not about the Savior being born, it is about "consumerism", flaunting of wealth, worshiping money over GOD. It is idolatry.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Great thread. The video below makes a good case for December 25th being, not the birth of Christ, but the first Christmas with the gifts of the wise men. The entire video series is amazing, including star charts, animations and a date of April 3, 33AD at 3pm as the death of Christ on the Cross (Blood Red moon and all). Again, he uses star charts and scripture to back it all up.

This video shows the death of Christ on April 3, 33AD from the perspective of the moon.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Do you now that "amen" is an Egyptian god?!?

AMUN...

...and while we're learning to spell, it's "know".

ETA:

I concur with what she said.

|
|
V

edit on 24-12-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Christmas is a corporate holiday.

The true meaning of Christmas has been long lost and all people care about is presents.

Nobody really cares what Christmas is for, people just think they have to buy presents and go to church. It's the one day people get all church happy yet they haven't a clue why there are really there.

I dont celebrate Christmas by choice. People have become too selfish and well Christmas is about being with loved ones and not what they will get you or won't get you.

Christmas has become a way for companies to make money.....and for people to DEMAND things be given to them.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by theRhenn

THIS is what chatholics do. They do NOT worship saints. They pray to them.. yes.. Prayer is a form of speaking.

And yet the bible says the dead cannot speak. This is why praying to Mary is wrong she cannot speak back, and if she did that would not really be mary, but a demonic spirit.

Hebrews 9:27 declares, “Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.” That is what happens to a person’s soul-spirit after death—judgment. The result of this judgment is heaven for the believer (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23) and hell for the unbeliever (Matthew 25:46; Luke 16:22-24). There is no in-between. There is no possibility of remaining on earth in spirit form as a “ghost.” If there are such things as ghosts, according to the Bible, they absolutely cannot be the disembodied spirits of deceased human beings.

Other than GOD Only angels and demons can communicate with humans. Mary is nether an angel. She is a saint, just like any other woman that is saved, blessed she is but she still should not be held higher then any other saint;

At the end of the day Praying to saints is unbiblical and is considered a form of worship.

It is also spelt catholic not chatholic. I have not judged anyone, the bible has already judged catholic doctrine and exposed the false religion of Catholicism for what it is.

I hope your family find the truth in Jesus Christ who came to put an end to all religions and said we could communicate directly with him without the need for going through saints and bishops first.
edit on 24-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I dont have time to dig through this tonight, but I did want to point out your very first responce...

"And yet the bible says the dead cannot speak. This is why praying to Mary is wrong she cannot speak back, and if she did that would not really be mary, but a demonic spirit. "

Then why was one of Gods prophets able to be called up by a witch and questioned by a king while he was "resting"? How are bodies able to rise and walk out of their graves if they are dead? Do you think the mother of God would not be allowed to stand in heaven and be herald on his behalf? Remember... she IS the mother of God. If you believe God and Jesus are one and the same, and Jesus was God incarnated into flesh to feel the worst of what life had to offer back then.... Then again, she IS the mothe of God. Why would he not hold her in high regard?

I cant speak for God, and I'm quite sure you can't either. As many point out, the bible is open to interpretation. But there is a time and thread for such discussions.

Mary, in all my life, has never spoken to anyone I knew... sooooo... But to say that she cannot speak to God is to be the judge of what God can and cannot hear or do is blasphemy in itself. And to think that any one religion is the right one.. hmm I dunno. I still haven't found any that answered my prayer... The bible says alot of things, but I've seen no one person or any persons move mountains or kill trees by commanding them to die in my lifetime. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to witness such an event.. Till then, there is alot there that we must not know, because apparently what we do know doesnt always seem to work.,.

that's all I'll say on this. If I continue, then I'll continue to hijack your thread and that wasnt my purpose. I'm simply sorry that a great OP turned to finger pointing and hashing on your fellow "christians", wether it be the same name or not... There is already too much "But!" in the world... Christ taught to include everyone... Remember, he came for thieves, poor, and the meek.... all sinners. Not just Jews, Not those that followed the law, nothing of the sort.. he came for all. CAtholics, Baptists, Muslim, Jew, Non Denoms, Full Gospel, Mormans, sinners and slaves. Not just you and those you choose.

arrogance breeds......?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I cant help it... I have to finish this off..

Other than GOD Only angels and demons can communicate with humans. Mary is nether an angel. She is a saint, just like any other woman that is saved, blessed she is but she still should not be held higher then any other saint;

At the end of the day Praying to saints is unbiblical and is considered a form of worship.

It is also spelt catholic not chatholic. I have not judged anyone, the bible has already judged catholic doctrine and exposed the false religion of Catholicism for what it is.

I hope your family find the truth in Jesus Christ who came to put an end to all religions and said we could communicate directly with him without the need for going through saints and bishops first.

So Mary is a saint.. In Revelations, it speaks of the saints being in front of God's alter. So when do you think those guys went there? In the very end? Remember... we're not even in judgement yet. That's at the end of the story.

So how long do you think those saints had been there? God doesnt say, so how can you? Those saints have not been judged, so then they should not be alive yet, right?

Praying... Speaking to saints is unbiblicle how? How is praying a form of worship? Just because you pray to God, you think that's worshiping him? Oh dear no! There is a ceremony to be had.. Stone alter made of natural stones, nothing cut by man... sacrifices... Not all about just being naughty or nice... If praying is your form of worship, speaking in tongues and what not, then by all means, thats your form of faith. Those I know do more than pray. It's a whole act of stuff.. Kneeling, taking bread, bowing before the alter, laying face to the floor.. we dont do that today do we? I think only muslims do that these days... ?

At the end of the day... Tell me about how religion should or shouldnt be when you yourself are following yours to the letter. Till then, the more you speak of it, the more you condem yourself, I would think. Its not what goes into the mouth that defiles the body....

You have not judged anyone... Yes.. I know I cant spell worth a crap, but I have more important things to worry about than certain words where there spelling eludes me. Like I said.. I'm not a practicing CAtholic.

So, in saying you have not judged, you have also lied. You do so again as soon as you make this comment. You say...

I hope your family find the truth in Jesus Christ....

You have judged my family. You assume that they have not because they are CAtholic.

*sigh*

Again... Tell me about how religion should or shouldnt be, when you follow yours to the letter. The person that does, will have my attention.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You guys can't even get his name right. Yeshua bar Josef was his birth name, but it's translated as Joshua. How can we expect you to get the day of his birth right?

I'm pagan, but you guys can believe what you want. Celebrate when you want. Read what Mblah said. I agree with that very much.

Yuletide Greetings!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Celebrating Christ's birth at Christmas time is a tradition of men. I, in good conscience cannot do that. I celebrate his birth by taking communion and I can do that anytime.

Luk 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Christmas to me is about family.
I keep my Jesus thoughts/feelings to myself where they belong.
edit on 24-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You guys can't even get his name right. Yeshua bar Josef was his birth name, but it's translated as Joshua. How can we expect you to get the day of his birth right?

who cares? obviously not him, so why should we?>

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Pagan propaganda?

The whole bitterness between pagans and Christians over Christmas is silly. As a pagan i don't have my knickers in a twist over Christians celebrating their faith around the same time the solstice occurs nor do i feel the need to "stick it to them" by bringing up the origin of Christmas at all. Knock themselves out.

At the end of the day the holiday regardless of whatever your worship should be about having fun and spending time with loved ones

yeesh.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

Agreed.

BTW, Welcome aboard ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Happy Birthday Jesus.......Pagan propaganda refuted.........Happy birthday Lord! Yes even if you were born on a different day?

Am I missing something

Are you rejecting the fact that it's a pagan date or validating it? Your last line sums it up. Oh where are my manners. Have a great Yule

edit on 25-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Happy birthday Lord! Yes even if you were born on a different day I celebrate and praise you everyday- thanks for rescuing me from the person I was becoming and turning my life around- you're the best- Love you always!

If you would direct this mantra to your yourself would you really need Jesus? Did he save you, or did you or others save you?

I mean I respect other peoples´ beliefs, but Happy Birthday Lord? As if the son of this deity would put any significance to this supposed Earth date.

You are basically givin a shout out to to Jesus Christ. I don´t think he is reading these forums. A simple prayer would´ve sufficed i think.

I don´t know what happened in your life but when I see stuff like this I feels like your are projecting you own power onto this illusive entity, never realizing it is you who has the power to change your life.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Pix or it didn't happen!

I'm definitively not a huge fan of religion, but neither a believer in judging people by the origin of their joy.

Have a vivid celebration of the winter-solstice and alike holiday-festivities, and may the spirit of creativity be renewed with ameliorated strength to fulfill your concession of love, peace, and happiness!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

Jesus is not my religion he's my savior. Not a huge fan of religion ether if I tell you the truth.
edit on 25-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just one more snippet that gives more insight as to why the 25th of December is used as the birth date...

Church leaders by the way in the fourth century proclaimed the 25th of December as the day to observe Christmas Day, the day of the birth of Jesus Christ. In fact, Luke 1:5-38 does indeed set the month of the birth of Christ as December. The 25th day of December is tradition.

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join