It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy birthday Jesus... You are the reason for the season!!! (Pagan propaganda refuted)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

i never said i wouldn't celebrate the birth of my savior YAHUSHUA... i said i wouldn't partake in the tradition of December 25th lol....

if you read my short post a little more carefully, you could have saved a lot of time copy and pasting lol
edit on 24-12-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I am a Christian, but tomorrow is not Christ's birthday. It is the Catholicized adoption of a pagan winter solstice celebration. If we were to assume for a moment that it actually was the date for the birth of Christ, then our method of celebrating it would be an idolatrous abomination.

Watch the videos. To not celebrate Christmas is unbiblical. Yes the 25th date was set by the emperor Constantine, but he likely had influence from early church fathers. I will say happy birthday to the Lord tomorrow and not be ashamed, that is exactly what the pagans/catholics want you to feel. If you don't say happy birthday tomorrow then which date will you reserve to celebrate his birth? Tomorrow is as good as day as any!
Celebrating his birth is missing the point imo. His death and more importantly his resurrection, are the truly important events. True, both would be impossible without his birth, that is a given. It is the way in which it is "celebrated" that truly horrifies me. It is outright obeisance to mammon. Wealth and money are truly worshiped on the altar of consumerism.

I am the Lord Thy GOD, and thou shall have no other gods before me

The way December 25th is celebrated is an outright slap in the face of GOD.

I disagree. Jesus is up there looking down and he doesn't care if we get the exact day right, have you ever heard the saying 'it's the thought that counts?'

The idea that people give gifts at Christmas is demonstrating an aspect of Christ, was the pagan practice originally involved with giving gifts? Probably not.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

That's fine and that is your choice, but telling others its wrong for them to celebrate on the 25th "because that date has pagan origins" is also not right. I made this topic because I'm tired of people saying we are wrong for celebrating on the 25th because its pagan. I really couldn't care what the pagans did, to me the 25th is a good day to get peoples attention and mind focused on Christ like it should be 365 days a year.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why would someone as nice as Jesus, who cares about saving the whole world, be offended that someone 2,000 years after his death got his birth date wrong when they were wishing him a happy birthday, because the world told them it was the correct day?

I understand what it would be like for a grown human to have a mind the size of a fly. Really.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

the more knowledge you possess, the more you will be held accountable.

My belief is that celebrating the birth of the Lord YAHUSHUA not on the correct date is almost like making the Sabbath from friday sunset to saturday sunset to sunday, but the changing of the Sabbath is worse because it is one of the 10 commandments of the Torah to keep the Sabbath holy.

I think celebrating the 25th of December spiritually blinds you to see the truth as a whole.

again, if you KNOW that the date was ordained by Constantine to appeal to pagans, and yet you continue to celebrate that day just because the world does. i think that's rather ignorant.

believe me or not, i don't care. YOU will be held responsible for the knowledge you possess and YOU know that the 25th of December is winter solstice, a crafty move the Roman Catholic church made so they can appeal to the popular Pagan beliefs.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

No one put Jesus on a pedestal, he didn't come to teach humanity some "good lessons" or to teach us how to become divine. There is only one supreme being and that is GOD, which is 3 persons, the Father Son and Holy spirit. The Father Yahweh sent the son Yeshua to redeem man kinds fallen state. So those that believed in him could get another chance of the mistake Adam & Eve made. We cannot become Divine or God like. There is only one God and one way to the father which is through Jesus. All the eastern religions have it wrong, Buddhism is wrong, Hinduism is wrong, none of those paths can lead you to the father in heaven. Re-incarnation is a lie of the devil. If you believe that you will go to hell when you die, if you believe Jesus was not more then a teacher, you will go to hell when you die. The truth is if you die in ANY sin without being covered by the blood of Jesus you will perish forever. After death there is no more chances to repent. you need Jesus as your personal savior, as he is the only person in all of human history to ever defeat SIN. And I'm sorry if the truth doesn't swallow well with you, like I said I really hope that one day these things will become obvious before it is too late for you.
edit on 24-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I celebrate on the 25th because the bible doesn't say the actual date, and not celebrating the birth at all is in fact unbiblical. Now with that said let me ask you which date you celebrate on, since you seem to have some hidden knowledge about the actual day it occurred 2000 years ago that the rest of us don't?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

WARNING: behind almost every sin, is the spirit of pride.
Lucifer became Satan because of pride.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That video cannot offer me the actual date of Jesus' death, because its not in the bible. So once again the 25th is as good as day as any other! I am aware of the history, but I see no biblical reason to change the tradition.

Also regarding that warning: You should be careful your self, you are not any more special then the rest of us for not celebrating on the 25th and being an Ebenezer Scrooge about it. God doesn't care which date you celebrate it on.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by theRhenn

As long as you are worshipping/praying to our King Jesus and not to Mary then I have no problem with you as a catholic. And I am sorry if I caused you offence.

This is where you and many many people get confused.

I did not say I was a Chatholic. I am by birth and by baptism but I mentioned my family being so.

Now to the confusion... Chatholics DO NOT WORSHIP Mary.

Lets say you made your dad really mad. Your older brother usually takes care of you and watches over you to make sure you're ok. He has to... It's dad's wish!

Now... You made pop really angry.. So... You ask your brother to talk to your father for you to ease his anger. Maybe so you can speak to your father again without fear that he hates you... Maybe because your brother is closer to your father, you speak to him and ask him to help, WHILE you also speak to your father and ask forgiveness.

THIS is what chatholics do. They do NOT worship saints. They pray to them.. yes.. Prayer is a form of speaking. Worship and prayer are not the same, otherwise they would probably be the same word, wouldnt you think?

Again... You come off as already accussing chatholics, as though you already know what they're about, when you obviously dont.

Your post doesnt offend me. What offends me is that you claim to be a christian, yet you go completely against some of the most important quotes and LAWS in the bible.... Those very things that God demands you to do if you wish to follow him....

Matt 7:1 - Dont judge
Luke 6:37 - Dont judge
Matt 5:22 - Dont call someone a fool...

This is what you did. You didnt call someone a "fool", but you accused chatholics, people that believe and worship the same God, and follow the same Christ and worship him as you do, of something you only gather from other denomination claiming the same thing, when they are totaly and completely wrong and false.

This is comming from someone who is not a practacing chatholic, but I was born and raised so, with communion, conformation and while attending catacism as a child, being an alter boy to boot... yes I rang the bell...

Apparently this is true in everything today. The clueless pick up clues from other clueless and suddenly it's all truth.. How sad..

This is my biggest pet peave. People who claim to be christian but will lash out at another religion with quick fury... Dont christians read their bible and follow it's laws? Or just some?

Again, you didnt upset me... But I would love to meet a true Christian some day that actually acts like a Christian. I've met only one in my lifetime. And I say this only because the 5 years I did know this woman (mother of my best friend back then) she was the sweetest woman I ever knew. Never raised her voice, always loved her family, never cursed, always woke early to assure all had breakfast, always invited me and others along on everything, always made room for another... Yes, she had the worst luck in life with her health, yet, she remained this way and possibly still so today. I never saw a frown on this womans face. Never!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

God doesn't care which date you celebrate it on.

again: the more knowledge you posses, the more you will be held accountable.

you can not say you have never been told.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

i believe some genuine Catholics have genuine faith in YAHUVEH and accept YAHUSHUA as their savior
but the same goes for all Christian denominations: just because you say it, doesn't mean you mean it with your heart.

this is why i think Catholicism is dangerous and why i would not follow that religion: you pray through saints. you pray through mary. you bow down on your knees before a statue of mary when praying. that is a form of worship. that is a major infraction of the 10 commandments. YAHUVEH is a jealous GOD, especially when HE sees HIS children bowing and worshipping idols. YAHUSHUA says that no one can reach ABBA YAHUVEH except through Him and only Him.

but the leaders and people who know of this knowledge will be judged. like stated previously, the more you know the more you will be held accountable.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

you can not say you have been told.

I think GOD will be more concerned about why you didn't use this widely celebrated day to share the gospel with people and get people to focus there attention back to him rather than santa, which will be pretty hard to do if your boycotting it completely. If you was wise you'd use it to your advantage like myself and others are doing. There really is no better opportunity for sharing the good news with people than the 25th of December regardless of what you may think of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

you can not say you have been told.

I think GOD will be more concerned about why you didn't use this widely celebrated day to share the gospel with people and get people to focus there attention back to him rather than santa, which will be pretty hard to do if your boycotting it completely. If you was wise you'd use it to your advantage like myself and others are doing. There really is no better opportunity for sharing the good news with people than the 25th of December regardless of what you may think of it.

that is true, taking advantage of the date, bringing people back to the faith. but if you were really bringing people back... why would you take them back to a false date? a holiday based on a lie?

can you ask yourself that question honestly without attacking me?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

THIS is what chatholics do. They do NOT worship saints. They pray to them.. yes.. Prayer is a form of speaking.

And yet the bible says the dead cannot speak. This is why praying to Mary is wrong she cannot speak back, and if she did that would not really be mary, but a demonic spirit.

Hebrews 9:27 declares, “Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.” That is what happens to a person’s soul-spirit after death—judgment. The result of this judgment is heaven for the believer (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23) and hell for the unbeliever (Matthew 25:46; Luke 16:22-24). There is no in-between. There is no possibility of remaining on earth in spirit form as a “ghost.” If there are such things as ghosts, according to the Bible, they absolutely cannot be the disembodied spirits of deceased human beings.

Other than GOD Only angels and demons can communicate with humans. Mary is nether an angel. She is a saint, just like any other woman that is saved, blessed she is but she still should not be held higher then any other saint;

At the end of the day Praying to saints is unbiblical and is considered a form of worship.

It is also spelt catholic not chatholic. I have not judged anyone, the bible has already judged catholic doctrine and exposed the false religion of Catholicism for what it is.

I hope your family find the truth in Jesus Christ who came to put an end to all religions and said we could communicate directly with him without the need for going through saints and bishops first.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

We never had a date in the first place this is the point you seem to be overlooking.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

John 4:23,24--But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The celebration of December 25 as a "deity's" birthday began with Tammuz, Horus, Nimrod and the like, yet worldwide, proclaimed believers in Christ, celebrate it. NOWHERE in scripture are we christian told to hold an annual birthday bash for him, rather we are to remember his sacrifice and resurrection.

19And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

But here is what he says about traditions...

He answered and said unto them, Well has Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things you do. And he said unto them, Full well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your own tradition.” Mark 7:6-9

While the admonishment described in the above quote has to do with the disciples not washing their hands before eating, and the pharisees getting bent because of the 'lack of hygiene', the truth of this quote pertains to the subject at hand.

Too many congregants refuse to see past their own fear of ridicule, being considered outcasts of the 'church', not to mention seeing the disappointment on their programmed childs' faces, that they continue to follow this pagan tradition, knowing in their heart of hearts that it is wrong. Any celebration of something that claims to set you free (as it was proclaimed by the angels at Christs' birth), yet leaves the family imprisoned in debt is wrong.

I will stand by this till the day I die. Even tho I have alienated my family and friends because of this viewpoint, i have faith that Christ was directing this statement to ALL followers when he said....

29And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 30But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Search out the truth, however unsavory, and the truth WILL set you free.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I am a Christian, but tomorrow is not Christ's birthday. It is the Catholicized adoption of a pagan winter solstice celebration. If we were to assume for a moment that it actually was the date for the birth of Christ, then our method of celebrating it would be an idolatrous abomination.

Watch the videos. To not celebrate Christmas is unbiblical. Yes the 25th date was set by the emperor Constantine, but he likely had influence from early church fathers. I will say happy birthday to the Lord tomorrow and not be ashamed, that is exactly what the pagans/catholics want you to feel. If you don't say happy birthday tomorrow then which date will you reserve to celebrate his birth? Tomorrow is as good as day as any!
Celebrating his birth is missing the point imo. His death and more importantly his resurrection, are the truly important events. True, both would be impossible without his birth, that is a given. It is the way in which it is "celebrated" that truly horrifies me. It is outright obeisance to mammon. Wealth and money are truly worshiped on the altar of consumerism.

I am the Lord Thy GOD, and thou shall have no other gods before me

The way December 25th is celebrated is an outright slap in the face of GOD.

Do you think the angels were all sinning then when they celebrated? Of course they did not on December 25, but on one spectacular night, the angels were singing and celebrating. Seems it is pretty important to be celebrated.
edit on 12/24/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

We never had a date in the first place this is the point you seem to be overlooking.

you havent answered my question.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

i believe some genuine Catholics have genuine faith in YAHUVEH and accept YAHUSHUA as their savior
but the same goes for all Christian denominations: just because you say it, doesn't mean you mean it with your heart.

this is why i think Catholicism is dangerous and why i would not follow that religion: you pray through saints. you pray through mary. you bow down on your knees before a statue of mary when praying. that is a form of worship. that is a major infraction of the 10 commandments. YAHUVEH is a jealous GOD, especially when HE sees HIS children bowing and worshipping idols. YAHUSHUA says that no one can reach ABBA YAHUVEH except through Him and only Him.

but the leaders and people who know of this knowledge will be judged. like stated previously, the more you know the more you will be held accountable.

Bowing is respect. Worship is worship.

I guess you would have to be chatholic, or raised that way to understand that your missconception is common place. Still, you speak as though you know what chatholics do, and I'm here to tell you, you are dead wrong.

You assume these things because you were probably told this by every other religion out there. ALL of them are totaly false. Dont take scripture and apply it to soemthing that it isnt.

Japaneese used to bow and still do, to one another all the time. Does this mean they worship one another, or is it a sign of respect.

If you want to go by The Word... I can list stuff for you all day that you're standing against just by your words in this thread alone. Those same things Christ and God told you NOT to do.. Yet you persist to assume what chatholics do, and they're so dangerous but you obviously know nothing at all about them.

Do you realise, the few diffrences in a chatholic church vs baptist, non denom, ect...?

Chatholics are more ceramonial. They're closer to the Jewish style than any other denomination.... Even Baptist.

Chatholics have communion... So do non denoms and baptist.. I think once a year? Least the churches I've attended. Chatholics just do it every day. Both faiths use a cross.. Non chatholics scream "HES NOT ON THE CROSS AND YOU STILL CRUCIFY HIM OVER AND OVER!"

Chatholics see it as a constant reminder.. not a constant crusifiction.

So you see.. unless you are a part of it, you will probably have missconceptions all day.. Remember, the chatholic church and it's people are all satanist in disguise... according to most other religions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join