It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich and Perry fail to make primary ballot...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It appears one of the frontrunners of the MSM has failed to garner the required 10000 signatures...as has Rick Perry...This is in Virginia...

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Texas Gov. Rick Perry have failed to qualify for Virginia's March 6 Republican primary.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If you cannot garner 10000 signatures to make the primary ballot, what does that REALLY say in regard to your national popularity? I call SHENANIGANS on the part of MSM in their hyperbolic portrayal of the legitimacy of Newt...
edit on 12/24/2011 by jeichelberg because: Misspelled title for thread

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

Wait... what happened? I thought this guy was a front-runner and favorite!
So glad Ron Paul made it. This comes as a shock and surprise to me. Didn't even think that Newt wouldn't make 10000 signatures. Who else didn't make it?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think we will se more of this in the coming days. I believe I heard that Newt is having problems getting on the ballot in Missouri. I have not dug into it to find out for sure but at some point he did have a problem in a few states.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
They'll just say that Virginia is not that important and they'll just remove it.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yea, Gingrich wont be in the Missouri primaries either. He forgot to file.

race42012.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Rick Perry also did not make it...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think this speaks to the disarray of his campaign staff more than anything. Surely he could have gotten the signatures necessary to qualify.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The terrible part is that Newt lives IN Virginia......

Here's also another thread regarding Newts response to being left off the ballot
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Neither Gingrich or Perry were EVER "frontrunners" - except as concocted by MSM in phony polls. The real - and only - GOP frontrunner is Romney.

See this thread here for proof:
Romney = Obama, Visual proof in the Donations
(ATS post by THE_PROFESSIONAL)

The fact that Gingrich "forgot to file" to get on several states ballots is just further proof that he was never a serious contender, he only threw his hat into the ring to boost his book sales, and treated all his early campaign stops like PR tours for his book. He was as surprised as anybody that he became the next "Anti-Romney" frontrunner, and what does that tell us about this field of candidates?

Gingrich is just like Cain - the 2012 candidacy was just a chance for them to strap on their big shoes and don a bulbous red nose and make it the Clown Tour 2012, and please buy our books. Heck, the 2012-phony-candidacy scam is so good even Trump is getting in on the action, even if he has to switch to "independent".

The only two viable GOP candidates (Paul and Huntsman) have virtually no billionaire financial backing.
edit on 24-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

join