It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US mom, 2 daughters killed in Mexico attacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have only been to Ensenada, so I have little travel experience in Mexico. However, I tend to agree with the members who feel some are painting Mexico with a broad brush. It's quite obvious that traveling through cities like Juarez and the others who have been plagued with murder and mayhem is a dumb idea. The problem cities are easily identified because they are in the news daily. Use common sense when traveling.

My thoughts are stay the hell away from the border cities and travel by plane to other areas of Mexico that aren't populated by drug cartels. It's rather simple to understand, really.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid, your not living up to your name. if you want to see Mexico, get on a plane and go. Of course it has its dangers, but Mexico city for example is no more dangerous that Washington DC. (Fact from the UN).

The point that every one needs to know is how to travel intelligently. Of course unless you have reason you don't go on holiday to Juarez, But Mexico is soo much more than just the northern states.

When you travel, keep a low profile, don't the the quintessential american, Use common sense, and I believe you will greatly enjoy the experience.

My daughter was recently in Mexico living with mexican famlies for 3 months . She wont go back there because they hate Americans . Not the nice cultured family she lived with , but the general masses
Shes not American but to Mexicans she was .

She found the racism worse than India .
edit on 29-12-2011 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join