It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US mom, 2 daughters killed in Mexico attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Just to let you know, parts of America are unsafe. I am not excusing the deaths of these people. But if you wander down the wrong roads in some our cities, you could see the same thing.

Instead of pouring trillions of dollars into the Middle East, why don't we use some of that money in a cooperative effort to make Mexico safe and get the cartels out of there. The cartels are a problem for both Mexico and the US. Diplomacy and cooperation on this problem would be a benefit. As much as the drugs are coming into America, the money is very much coming out of America which in turn, starts the whole process over. But hey, oil is more important......(sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

even some of those areas have gotten much worse in the last few years.
places like rocky point are still semi safe but there's been rapes and robberies etc.....
spring break is huge there, not only to bucket loads of college students visit to party, but a criminal element also goes there to take advantage of them.
one thing you can count on is that law enforcement will not help in most situations unless it becomes some sort
of political hot potato.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

Note to any vacationers and Mexican Americans visiting relatives. Steer clear of Mexico! It is unsafe! In the article above we have a mother and her kids visiting relatives. They were killed in a senseless act of violence before the holidays. Travel warnings have been issued by the State Department, but people take it upon themselves to travel there anyway. What a shame!

On another note a co-worker of mine whose father is from Mexico told me that his father has come to the immutable fact that he will no longer travel there because of wanton violence and lawlessness. In fact, he owns some farmland that has been in their family for generations and is in process of selling it.

Others ought to take that lead and stay the heck out of there. I realize people want to visit family and their homeland, but it is murder show down there. Mexico is not worth a trip to the morgue. That is just my opinion.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mexico isn't worth the trip to the bus station to buy a ticket to even go there. If youre an american and you go there, youre on your own, literally you will be beyond help. Mexico is truly a Godless country if there's ever been one.

It is rulled by drug cartels and lawlessness, no wonder theyre hopping our borders like rats bailing out of a sinking ship. The U.S> should be spending money to secure our own damned continent and let the middle east handle their own backyard.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

yeah guys in the north are the more TEXAN type....sorry if that pisses people off...they like country and dress like a rodeo is always just around the corner....in the south where my wife is from people are more "normal" to my North Eastern eyes....the north also has alot of social problems the rest of mexico doesnt have....wonder why?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

sorry, but i can't help but comment on some of this.

Mexico isn't worth the trip to the bus station to buy a ticket to even go there. If youre an american and you go there, youre on your own, literally you will be beyond help. Mexico is truly a Godless country if there's ever been one.

it's obvious that you've never been.
first off, here in the southwest those coming north has actually dropped quite a bit. the economy sucks and they no there are not many jobs available.
the drag is that now most coming north are the criminal element, not workers.
also, you mention guarding our continent, that would include both mexico and canada.
the only thing i do agree with is that if you visit you are on your own.
this is why i've replied a few times already regarding the differences between the north and south.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonhunlo

The HPV vaccine is going to Mexico for young girls. Figure it out. ----------

Very interesting. Chemical sterilization by Big Pharma Globalists?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

yup, the northern guys wear those extremely pointed 'cockroach killer' cowboy boots with a white straw hat and a western style snap button cowboy shirt.
the southern guys wear more of the brightly colored hand woven traditional clothing.
even facial features are much different, it's like a chicano standing next to a navajo.
it's obvious who is more latino and who is more indian genetically.
it bothers me when people wrap multiple cultures into one group.
obviously.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by wonhunlo

The HPV vaccine is going to Mexico for young girls. Figure it out. ----------

Very interesting. Chemical sterilization by Big Pharma Globalists?

that and the obvious profit pocketed.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Are there good parts of Mexico? Of course there are, but I am not going to take my chances to find out. I have been there on frequent occasions in the past, and enjoyed it immensely.. For the most part, I have had no problems with the exception of a few minor incidents here or there. It was about 13-years-ago. Things have drastically changed since then.

As of now, I do not see myself traveling there anytime soon. As I stated in my original post, it is only my opinion on the subject. People can go down there if they wish. They are taking an exceptional risk though. The violence speaks for itself. The Narcos are not only killing their own, but targeting anyone they so wish civilian or law enforcement. There is no respect for law and order. Just look at the news coverage. I appreciate your response, but I think by and large Mexico is unstable.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

agreed....I would get out of the SW in general.....Mexico has alot of the old colombian cartels and other such bad bad people there right now.....I bet the CIA isnt too far from those guys......They probably set them up there after colombia kicked em out for the most part...IMO IMO IMO....SAFE...IMO...lol

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Mexico, Detroit.....which would you accept a free ticket to?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Mexico, Detroit.....which would you accept a free ticket to?

mexico, no doubt.
many places over detroit.
san cristobal de las casas for one.
love the people, love the arcitecture, love many aspects, but, shhhh........
don't tell anybody.
hell, i'd choose oaxaca over detroit in a heartbeat.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

i live in new mexico.
i love stuff like this, yup, just keep telling everybody how unsafe it is.
keeps the idiots out of my woods.
actually the biggest problems are perpetrated by my own government and local law enforcement.
look into the fiasco down in columbus for example.
just about all of new mexico is far safer than any big american city.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The problem with Mexico is that the further away you get from Mexico City the less control the Mexican government actually has ... this has been a historical problem with Mexico since Mexico was still a Spanish colony. The whole reason why the US was able to so easily conquer the Southwest is because the Mexican population was practically non-existent. There were less than 70,000 Mexicans in all of modern day US states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas and the Mexican states of Baja California, Sonora, and Chihuahua in 1835 .... that is a huge vast area. The Mexican military presence was even smaller ... less than 200 Mexican troops garrisoned all of modern day California and Arizona in 1846 when US Army Brigadier General Stephen Watts Kearney came along an conquered the whole Southwest with less than 1,500 men.

Today the situation isent much better, the border area has historically been sort of a no man's land - not quite Mexican, not quite American. Technically yeah it's Mexican soil but they never really cared much about what Mexico City has to say.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Mexicans kill Americans every single day on American soil.

This isn't news.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

dumb ass.....so do americans mexicans...sorry if that pisses you off....but.....its a dumbass coment.....IMO

useless
edit on 24-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It is very difficult to have any sympathy for anyone that isnt smart enough
to avoid Mexico right now, why not just vacation in Afghanistan...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
The problem with Mexico is that the further away you get from Mexico City the less control the Mexican government actually has ... this has been a historical problem with Mexico since Mexico was still a Spanish colony. The whole reason why the US was able to so easily conquer the Southwest is because the Mexican population was practically non-existent. There were less than 70,000 Mexicans in all of modern day US states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas and the Mexican states of Baja California, Sonora, and Chihuahua in 1835 .... that is a huge vast area. The Mexican military presence was even smaller ... less than 200 Mexican troops garrisoned all of modern day California and Arizona in 1846 when US Army Brigadier General Stephen Watts Kearney came along an conquered the whole Southwest with less than 1,500 men.

Today the situation isent much better, the border area has historically been sort of a no man's land - not quite Mexican, not quite American. Technically yeah it's Mexican soil but they never really cared much about what Mexico City has to say.

love it! finally somebody understands a bit of history.
the only thing i'd add is the difference in technology available.
same with the u.s. calvary vs; the native americans.
if the mexicans and/or indians had the same firepower available i have no doubt the outcomes would have been different.
seriously, think about it, a man protecting his home and family is worth 5 plus soldiers in the field.
guns and cannons won the southwest.
if the chiriquaha apaches had the same firepower the calvary would still be chasing them through the mountains.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

You said;
"I am sooo tired of this ill informed reactionary rubbish that has become the hallmark of any gringo discussion about Mexico on this board!"

Perhaps you have been too tired to keep up with the news?

The cartels in Mexico are not just shooting up Larado and Juarez any more. As this account states this was an attack on a bus. How many times have it been reported that teams of killers burst into bars and restuarants or family homes, outside parties and whack away? And in addition to the direct conflicts of the cartels catching innocents in their crossfires, there is still the business of kidnapping that is rampant in Mexico. These crimes and mucho petty thief crimes forever typical of Mexico are now the current hallmark of Mexico, all over Mexico. I know of one extended family that has had seven members kidnapped over the years. Parents send their kids to school with body guards if not in armored vehicles. Mexico is a Third World that is in constant danger of collapsing and maybe hauling down a part of the lower western US with it. (I have been to Mexico several times--not just across the border--but it ain't ol' Mexico anymore.) Sure, many good people live in Mexico. I know some, and they daily fear that some cartel deal is going to spill over onto their street with blood and bullet casings scattered around.

Mexico is NOT just another vacation destination anymore.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

i'd just like to add the actual cause of many of these problems.
guns are illegal in mexico for the most part, barring hunting rifles. the guns mostly come from the u.s.a.
then lets add the insane amounts of cash the cartels use to purchase these guns. american drug money of course.
drugs come north, cash goes south.
common knowledge.
enough cash and the cartels feed people and arm people, which puts the general population on THEIR side.
i could also get into the difference between a worker heading noth in hopes of feeding his family in some downtrodden bario in mexico.
i'm against them coming here, but i certainly don't hold it against the individual.
hell, if i was in the same situation i'd be sneaking over the border myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join