US mom, 2 daughters killed in Mexico attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com

Three U.S. citizens traveling to spend the holidays with their relatives were among those killed in a spree of shooting attacks on buses in northern Mexico, authorities from both countries said Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn .com
latino.foxnews. com
www.thenewamerican.com
www.reuters.com

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Note to any vacationers and Mexican Americans visiting relatives. Steer clear of Mexico! It is unsafe! In the article above we have a mother and her kids visiting relatives. They were killed in a senseless act of violence before the holidays. Travel warnings have been issued by the State Department, but people take it upon themselves to travel there anyway. What a shame!

On another note a co-worker of mine whose father is from Mexico told me that his father has come to the immutable fact that he will no longer travel there because of wanton violence and lawlessness. In fact, he owns some farmland that has been in their family for generations and is in process of selling it.

Others ought to take that lead and stay the heck out of there. I realize people want to visit family and their homeland, but it is murder show down there. Mexico is not worth a trip to the morgue. That is just my opinion.

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
IMO it's time to enact a ban on travel to and from Mexico. We should also begin sending US Army forces to secure the Mexican border.

I don't see why any tourist would want to go there, you want the warm beaches then go to Florida, Hawaii, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, or the US Virgin Islands. No need to go to Mexico. Puerto Rico is home to the only rain forest in the US. Go there, spend money and vacation time in our own country.
edit on 24-12-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

...which is why I vacation in Cuba.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

What? No Cuba?
Mexico has not been on my destination list for a long time. I would love to see the history that the country has but it's not worth the danger.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

Note to any vacationers and Mexican Americans visiting relatives. Steer clear of Mexico! It is unsafe! In the article above we have a mother and her kids visiting relatives. They were killed in a senseless act of violence before the holidays. Travel warnings have been issued by the State Department, but people take it upon themselves to travel there anyway. What a shame!

www.msnbc.msn.com

"Mexico" is unsafe? the entire country is unsafe??? You do know that the country if superimposed on the US would stretch from the above the canadian border to Texas!!

That like saying no one should go to Houston because there are problems in Seatlle!!

I am sooo tired of this ill informed reactionary rubbish that has become the hallmark of any gringo discussion about Mexico on this board!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yes, but there is no military occupation in Mexico to straighten their butts out but we go halfway across the world to Iraq for the same stuff?

Yeah Makes sense to me.

Why should we straighten out our neighbors first? Well if we don't, then they will invade. I mean the drug dealers there, it's already happening.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was going to go into Mexico on a ission trip this Christmas until the pastor, who is from Mexico cancelled the trip.

He stated it was too dangerous and many were being killed and robbed.

Sad. I often wonder how the violence will spread.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I really think that the US will send troops to mexico soon....this year.....they will be a sort of POLICE force to quell a BS crisis but really they will be the first wave of soldiers to secure mexico so as to invade south america later.....I really think th US will invade though....make plans and get clear of the SW United states this year.....IMO.... but just look at recent troop movements and law enforcement personel being placed in the west......

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid, your not living up to your name. if you want to see Mexico, get on a plane and go. Of course it has its dangers, but Mexico city for example is no more dangerous that Washington DC. (Fact from the UN).

The point that every one needs to know is how to travel intelligently. Of course unless you have reason you don't go on holiday to Juarez, But Mexico is soo much more than just the northern states.

When you travel, keep a low profile, don't the the quintessential american, Use common sense, and I believe you will greatly enjoy the experience.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
let's not forget to thank holder and company for supplying those guns being used.
i'd also like to mention that pretty much anything south of mexico city is worthy of a visit.
northern mexico is a completely different ballgame, truly it is.
one needs to understand the cultural differences that a country of this size contain.
it's basically like comparing some bad area of compton to big sur.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
I really think that the US will send troops to mexico soon....this year.....they will be a sort of POLICE force to quell a BS crisis but really they will be the first wave of soldiers to secure mexico so as to invade south america later.....I really think th US will invade though....make plans and get clear of the SW United states this year.....IMO.... but just look at recent troop movements and law enforcement personel being placed in the west......

OK and that statement was obviously based on some pyschtropic drug of some kind. The US will not send troops into Mexico. if they did, you would find a population that is not appreciative in any form.

What are you propsing in that case? genocide!!?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

hells yes.....I could die in Oregon or Ohio if I was an ass.....I could have a great time lost in red china if I was a "simple human" about it,.,....just have to be smart...no one place is worse than another really......

oh and yeah....DC is awful.....I used to deliver meat all day and night in NYC....bronx, harlem...etc...and no big deal.....sometimes we had beef but it was all in passing.........but DC really scared me...like damn there are some bad apples there......Jesus....

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I know there are parts of Mexico that are quite safe. I have friends that winter there. It's on a resort though. When I vacation it's not to go to some hotel. I want to see the scenes, history is my thing. I just don't think Mexico fits the bill at this time. Then again, neither does Scotland at this time of year.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

no jerky.....I think that the massing of law enforcment personel on the border is not for our safety.....historically when ever you build up your forces you are getting ready for an attack.....its not like they are sending a #load of national guard to the dakotas.....a spit and a skip from the south for fun...or the returning troops from Iraq not being de-activated for no good reason.....but I´ll bite....why do you think I´m wrong.....
have any reason or is it just a historical imposibility in your eyes that the US might invade mexico....again....

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

Exactly, what I am saying is that when people go to Hooters, don't offer the waitress 50 dollars to buy the shirt of her back, (you get the idea) this will invite a slapping from the locals., (I have seen this happen). If you wnat that sort of things, there are plenty of appropriate places where the ladies will be glad to take their shirt off for money. But in a hooters!

Oh and don't call everyone. Amiiiiigoooooo.
Don't ask if you can pay in USD everywhere, it will not be accepted. try changing.
Above all, don't treat everyone like domestic help. The situation in mexico is there is a large population of highly educated people with professions,. No everyone is a cholo who wants to steal your wallet.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

huh....I guess that wasnt for me....but I do like hooters,.....who doesnt....come on....
any way look at this.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

P.S. my wife is a cholo......lol
edit on 24-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Originally posted by newyorkee

OK and that statement was obviously based on some pyschtropic drug of some kind. The US will not send troops into Mexico. if they did, you would find a population that is not appreciative in any form.

What are you propsing in that case? genocide!!?

The HPV vaccine is going to Mexico for young girls. Figure it out. ----------

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I haven't been in a few years now but used to travel to various destinations throughout the northwestern mainland and Baja.

While there are some bad things happening it is not the norm for innocent tourists to get caught up in the mess. The cartels have better things to do than terrorize innocent foreigners, and the petty criminals are usually kept well in check from predating to freely on the tourists by the Federales in the interest of maintaining Mexico's billion dollar a year tourist industry.

If you go, treat people with respect and dignity, don't do stupid things like try to live out any inner drug lord fantasies you may be harboring in the back of your mind and you would be fine.

Mexico is an amazing place with a great culture, it is absolutely a trip worth making at least once in your life.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

depends on what you are looking for.
i've been all over mexico numorous times.
my thing is 'ruin hoping', been to most of them.
try palanque or chitzen itza, amazing places, the native indian cultures are much different then the ' machizmo' northern peoples.
for instance, a few years ago i traveled with a cute blond girlfriend of mine.
i couldn't leave her alone on a park bench, there'd be 20 guys hitting on her anywhere in the north.
yet, once we got to the yucatan it was completely different, the guys would keep their distance and watch her in order to make sure she was safe and nobody bothered her.
it's like 2 different worlds.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join