It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

true earth/human history

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by EarthChilde

The present world is the healthiest from War? I assure you that it is not, the position you take as a supposed student of history must be reviewed with a less biased approach.

The facts say otherwise, people killed during wars or organized violence is at the lowest ebb in history

Not sure where you get your facts, here is the reference I use which says otherwise...
en.wikipedia.org...

Also I do admit, perspective and definition of 'healthy' may be different.

Perhaps the wrong word, I'd substitute longevity

The fact that history is written by victors should not need to be stated, but sounds like it must as a gentle reminder that indeed,

Nice cliche but rather meaningless in this context. In the times where no writing existed did this occur too?

Written communication has existed for thousands of years, cuneiform, hieroglyphics right through to modern digital transcriptions.

The positions of the sides in many wars are both known.

It is also widely known that modern warfare has been financed by the same corporations and individuals to both sides in many of if not most cases.

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.pakalertpress.com...

wiki.answers.com...

The French and English fought wars for over a thousand years - the English won (kinda) but you can read the French side easily enough, as you can the position of the Axis powers in the WWII, the Central powers in WWI, the ideas of the Soviet Union. You have to go way back to see incidents were history was written by the victors; such as the Punic wars or Caesars Gaulic wars, or the Spanish versus the native culture of your choice. Sometimes the losers write the history as with the Chinese towards their Mongol conquerors or the Hindus towards the Moguls, etc

we are the most deadly and aggressive manifestation of our species in it's history.

Are you referring to HSS in general or just this generation in particular?

I am referring to the manifestation of HSS in it's current state.

We battle and kill and rape and pillage in the name of greed and it has gotten worse throughout history.

As history has become written we just know more about it. In tribal societies they tended to lose 40% of their populations due to war and raiding, needless to say this percentage has dropped abit.

This percentage has dropped only due to a larger base to draw from. The numbers of dead continue to rise. Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Vietnam, Korea, Europe...

We have technology and wisdom as a species to survive with enough food, shelter, water and continued pursuit of knowledge and growth without killing a single human being yet this is exactly what we have done for the last century in droves.

Many of these wars were driven by belief and the need to impose one belief on another person - which is rather important to the context of this thread.

Absolutely, while I do not want to impose any belief, I really need to share my view and help debunk the belief that there is scarcity in this world. Without greed and wanton consumerism we could all get along quite nicely and still pursue personal goals that don't impose on the well being of others.

That mega corporations are not controlling the main essence of life on this planet is absolutely false and I really feel empathy for anyone who cannot see this.

They have influence but not to the extend you believe - you also seem to think they are working in unison which is far from the case.

Wrong, they are the decision makers and whether in unison (6 of top 10 were oil ????) or not they manipulate to meet their needs.

not just the ones that are being manipulated through massive media suggestion.

I noted you didn't respond to my question of the various nations I mentioned having the same media message? So do they?

I am done here. I have provided plenty of reference. My choice is to believe in a better choice. Your choice is yours.

I cannot help all see what is before them, after all, I am not a demigod or corporate huckster
Peace and light!

edit on 25-12-2011 by EarthChilde because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2011 by EarthChilde because: link fixin'

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthChilde

U do kno that the CONCEPT of religion dates wayy back. Spirites are real. 'The devil is doing it' sounds cliche and unreal doesn't it? ofcourse all the media doesn't say the same thing. have u seen the syrian president interview with barbara walters??

www.youtube.com...
The allegations she accuses him of is ridiculous.

Healthiest and most free from war?? u sound pretty sure. but what about the golden age?? enlightenment period?? renaissance? We have been plagued with war since 9/11. i was in sixth grade when this happened and since then i only perceived the middle east folk as terrorists.

Im pretty sure its logical to think that there are individuals from each corporation that are networking.

History of the world??lol It sure does look like they are fighting.....Honestly the ppl dont matter to them. Money and superiority matters to them.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kbubba

ummmm...I actually agree with most of what u said, not sure if u r agreeing with me or hanslune...?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yes, it does seem this particular passage is not to be found anywhere in the "Book Of The Death". I couldn't find it, but maybe its there? But does that then mean then, if is not there. Cedric Leonard of the University of Oklahoma lied?

It means he's incorrect.

but other Egyptian texts do describe Thoth as being a man, who ruled as a king (COFFIN TEXTS).

Actually, the Coffin texts don't describe Thoth as a man... ever. They are a collection of spells and prayers found on a number of coffins (hence "coffin texts".) I can give you refernces to the Coffin Texts if you like.

Or maybe, he never existed as a real entity?

He was a deity.

In the (Papyrus of NU) Chapter XXXV Thoth is described as the ruler of the Western Dominion!!

Actually, it doesn't. The Papyrus of Nu contains the Negative confession:

Hail, Usekh-nemmt, who comest forth from Anu, I have not committed sin.
Hail, Hept-khet, who comest forth from Kher-aha, I have not committed robbery with violence.
Hail, Fenti, who comest forth from Khemenu, I have not stolen.
Hail, Am-khaibit, who comest forth from Qernet, I have not slain men and women.
Hail, Neha-her, who comest forth from Rasta, I have not stolen grain.
Hail, Ruruti, who comest forth from heaven, I have not purloined offerings.
Hail, Arfi-em-khet, who comest forth from Suat, I have not stolen the property of God.
Hail, Neba, who comest and goest, I have not uttered lies.
Hail, Set-qesu, who comest forth from Hensu, I have not carried away food.
Hail, Utu-nesert, who comest forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I have not uttered curses.
Hail, Qerrti, who comest forth from Amentet, I have not committed adultery, I have not lain with men.
Hail, Her-f-ha-f, who comest forth from thy cavern, I have made none to weep.
Hail, Basti, who comest forth from Bast, I have not eaten the heart.
Hail, Ta-retiu, who comest forth from the night, I have not attacked any man. (etc)
Budge translation -- source here

Pyramid texts claim Thoth came from a land to the West ,an Island. It was described as the (Island of flame)

They don't... my link was to the Pyramid Texts, which you can read for yourself. It really is the guide for the soul into the land of the dead.

I guess he's interpreting some meaning from what he found, is what's really happening here.

A good scholar gives an accurate translation -- and links sources. You can interpret, but as a scholar your work is under constant examination. If you can't even find the correct sources, you can't ever draw a correct interpretation and your work is worthless.

You have to start with real sources.

He has not -- or he hasn't even bothered to check whether his sources are correct.

That's academic dishonesty.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

So everyone who does not believe as you do has a close mind. Interesting.

What new particles are being spit out by the sun? Where can I see the scientific evidence (since we can agree new particles is definitely in the realm of science) for this happening?
edit on 26-12-2011 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Why would I ask myself the questions I asked you? If I could ask myself I wouldn't have asked you to begin with. Sounds like you simply do not want to answer.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this!
I saw this about a year ago but misplaced the link and I thought google had deleted the video!
A quality thread from a quality user on ATS!

There's a lot of truth out there...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'll comment here on war in our modern world

War continues but at a greatly reduce impact and 'pace' , example:

About 200 years ago the Battle of Waterloo was found in about 12 hours on June 14, 1815 between the Allies lead by England and Prussia vs The French Empire; 200,000 men were engaged. In that short period 13,000 men were known to have been killed and 43,000 were wounded; another 20,000 were never accounted for.

In the ten years since 9/11 US and allied forces have lost 4,800 men and women killed.

In less than a day 13,000 men were killed vs 4,800 over ten years - this is a indication of 'impact and pace'

What we have now are small wars, counter-insurgencies not the large coalitions of nations fighting one another

Put another way during WW2 27,000 people died each day of war related actions, in todays world that is around 2-300 and that includes actions and violence that isn't state sponsored wars

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Why would I ask myself the questions I asked you? If I could ask myself I wouldn't have asked you to begin with. Sounds like you simply do not want to answer.

lol,

c'mon bro, you need to find the truth...how can i tell you of all things, honestly i can't answer all of your questions...

if nothing happens will i say something? sure, lol, but i know something is happening so whatever

i wish for you to ask yourself and calmly feel the answers as thoughts, visions, emotions, sounds

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Thank you, when 2012 comes and goes and nothing happens I will hold you to that. I may ask you to get on an antipsychotic as well, we shall see. Who knows maybe you will be right, I just think the odds are worse than the lottery. I'm ready to eat my words, I'm glad you claim you will too.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Yes, it does seem this particular passage is not to be found anywhere in the "Book Of The Death". I couldn't find it, but maybe its there? But does that then mean then, if is not there. Cedric Leonard of the University of Oklahoma lied?

It means he's incorrect.

but other Egyptian texts do describe Thoth as being a man, who ruled as a king (COFFIN TEXTS).

Actually, the Coffin texts don't describe Thoth as a man... ever. They are a collection of spells and prayers found on a number of coffins (hence "coffin texts".) I can give you refernces to the Coffin Texts if you like.

Or maybe, he never existed as a real entity?

He was a deity.

In the (Papyrus of NU) Chapter XXXV Thoth is described as the ruler of the Western Dominion!!

Actually, it doesn't. The Papyrus of Nu contains the Negative confession:

Hail, Usekh-nemmt, who comest forth from Anu, I have not committed sin.
Hail, Hept-khet, who comest forth from Kher-aha, I have not committed robbery with violence.
Hail, Fenti, who comest forth from Khemenu, I have not stolen.
Hail, Am-khaibit, who comest forth from Qernet, I have not slain men and women.
Hail, Neha-her, who comest forth from Rasta, I have not stolen grain.
Hail, Ruruti, who comest forth from heaven, I have not purloined offerings.
Hail, Arfi-em-khet, who comest forth from Suat, I have not stolen the property of God.
Hail, Neba, who comest and goest, I have not uttered lies.
Hail, Set-qesu, who comest forth from Hensu, I have not carried away food.
Hail, Utu-nesert, who comest forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I have not uttered curses.
Hail, Qerrti, who comest forth from Amentet, I have not committed adultery, I have not lain with men.
Hail, Her-f-ha-f, who comest forth from thy cavern, I have made none to weep.
Hail, Basti, who comest forth from Bast, I have not eaten the heart.
Hail, Ta-retiu, who comest forth from the night, I have not attacked any man. (etc)
Budge translation -- source here

Pyramid texts claim Thoth came from a land to the West ,an Island. It was described as the (Island of flame)

They don't... my link was to the Pyramid Texts, which you can read for yourself. It really is the guide for the soul into the land of the dead.

I guess he's interpreting some meaning from what he found, is what's really happening here.

A good scholar gives an accurate translation -- and links sources. You can interpret, but as a scholar your work is under constant examination. If you can't even find the correct sources, you can't ever draw a correct interpretation and your work is worthless.

You have to start with real sources.

He has not -- or he hasn't even bothered to check whether his sources are correct.

That's academic dishonesty.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

1. Yes it seems you are correct. I could not this particular passage, so it likely doesn't exist!!

2. I am extremely sorry i meant to write the "Palermo Stone" instead of Coffin Texts. The coffins texts your right are just spells inscribed on middle kingdom coffins. The Palermo stone lists 8 ancient Egyptian kings (Thoth is not on the list) but Djehuti was listed as the 6th king. Mainstream Egypt scholars seem to be of one voice on this that Djehuti and Thoth are the same person. A small summary about Djehuti.

A dictionary of Egyptian Gods and Goddesses by George Hart, 1986

Late in the history of ancient Egypt, after the conquest of Alexander the Great, a tomb in the form of a small temple was built for Petosiris, High Priest of Djehuty (Thoth) (332B.C). According to the inscriptions there, Djehuty was the 'Lord of Khemnu', and Petosiris had made extensive restorations to the temple complex at Hermopolis. He also had an enclosure built around the temple as it had been vandalized by hooligans. The place is now called the 'birtplace of every god' and it states that this is where the relics of the cosmic egg were buried . Djehuty is now said to have flown with the comsic egg to the primeval mound which later became Hermopolis, so the sun-god could be born there. This was possibly an adaption of the original myth to enhance Hermopolis as the center of creation.

Also Thoth and Djehuti were often depicted as having human bodies. I can post a JPG file if need be. It does seem Thoth was a ruler or king, worshipped as a god, but still everything points to Thoth been a man!!

Papyrus of NU contains more extensive information then what you posted here to this forum. But the real question i guess is does it contain information that 'Thoth was the ruler of the western domain?

I personally am again not able to find this particular reference. So you might be right again here. I don't fudge details if i can't find it i say so, but i found this that might back up the case for Thoth been born on an island?

"Hail, Flame, who comest forth from the horizon. Hail, thou who art in the city. . . . Give me thy two hands, and
let me pass my time in the Island of Flame." (Chap. LXXXVI)
AND
books.google.ie... =onepage&q=thoth%20island%20of%20flame%20book%20of%20the%20dead&f=false
edit on 28-12-2011 by P12SOLD because: more information

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thank you, when 2012 comes and goes and nothing happens I will hold you to that. I may ask you to get on an antipsychotic as well, we shall see. Who knows maybe you will be right, I just think the odds are worse than the lottery. I'm ready to eat my words, I'm glad you claim you will too.

lol

lol

i love Humans...

way too skeptical though about TRUTH

prepare to be amazed....

or just remember

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
anyone watch the whole series for your first time?

feel anything?

i'm a searcher for Truth too, i dont know everything and i know everyone has a piece to the puzzle..

please share

thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthChilde
reply to post by Hanslune

The present world is the healthiest from War? I assure you that it is not, the position you take as a supposed student of history must be reviewed with a less biased approach. Also I do admit, perspective and definition of 'healthy' may be different. The fact that history is written by victors should not need to be stated, but sounds like it must as a gentle reminder that indeed, we are the most deadly and aggressive manifestation of our species in it's history. We battle and kill and rape and pillage in the name of greed and it has gotten worse throughout history. We have technology and wisdom as a species to survive with enough food, shelter, water and continued pursuit of knowledge and growth without killing a single human being yet this is exactly what we have done for the last century in droves. I have heard people take this position of yours that we are not killing and aggressive for survival anymore, www.physorg.com... essentially that idea is correct, but that is what makes the last century even more of a travesty.
That mega corporations are not controlling the main essence of life on this planet is absolutely false and I really feel empathy for anyone who cannot see this. GE, EXXON, Coca-Cola, Monsanto, Wal-Mart, Shell the list is long and devastating to us as a species. en.wikipedia.org...

You can argue that indeed we have created this mess and we must deal with it, and to that I say YES SIR. We must deal with it and I for one am ready to enlighten and grow past this aggressive and greed infested manifestation of our species. It is time to mature and all options should be pursued and exhausted, not just the ones that are being manipulated through massive media suggestion. Marketing and consumerism has been refined to a very aggressive attack on the species in the last century as well. This has been documented by many sociologists, psychologists and educators as it has become more and more invasive. www.cbc.ca...

Peace and light to all

Very well said! It's so nice to be open-minded! I love to entertain the thought of a better world. In fact, a world that works for everyone! If you can dream it, you can do it. The people who are so argumentative are the people who hold the fear that the world will always stay as is and never change. Listen, these peoples' realities may stay as is while ours' will change. So while it seems hard on us right now, it won't be forever.

Quantum physics is very insistent on theories of multiple realities - multiple universes. What happens is that every time I make a decision, my reality changes to meet the decision I made. I literally create my own reality. Now, the latest theory suggests that all the potential decisions I could have made are played out in different "universes". So even though my spirit/soul might only have awareness of the one reality I am in, my body diverges into the realities of the other decisions. Okay, with me so far? So all those other me's out there are carrying out a different life. Likewise, all the other you's out there are carrying out lives in all the "universes" you have created from all your decisions. In this case, we ultimately have infinite universes (or realities).

YOU create YOU're own future and I create MINE. This is being demonstrated by the study of Quantum Physics and you can find more information on this if you search out Brian Greene, Quantum Physicist. He even has many videos on You Tube which make it much easier to understand.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
I'll comment here on war in our modern world

War continues but at a greatly reduce impact and 'pace' , example:

About 200 years ago the Battle of Waterloo was found in about 12 hours on June 14, 1815 between the Allies lead by England and Prussia vs The French Empire; 200,000 men were engaged. In that short period 13,000 men were known to have been killed and 43,000 were wounded; another 20,000 were never accounted for.

In the ten years since 9/11 US and allied forces have lost 4,800 men and women killed.

In less than a day 13,000 men were killed vs 4,800 over ten years - this is a indication of 'impact and pace'

What we have now are small wars, counter-insurgencies not the large coalitions of nations fighting one another

Put another way during WW2 27,000 people died each day of war related actions, in todays world that is around 2-300 and that includes actions and violence that isn't state sponsored wars

Death in wars are only one part of a multi-faceted understanding of a world that is in discordance.

I believe that we need to look beyond "war" when we are defining a world that does not work. Things like financial crises, both individual and national, materialism and greed, rape and other violence, and so much more.

Many of us don't even know our neighbors anymore.

Our food supply is very possibly poisonous to us.

Our governments are very possibly lying to us at every turn.

I am sure the list could go on and on. However, I am not interested in dwelling on that right now. I believe there has been a history on this planet that we are not all well aware of. I hope someday to find out the truth. Will it be in this lifetime? I hope so but I don't know so. I do know that I'll know all when this incarnation on Earth School is over.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

That's because the answers (many of them) lie within.

Schumann Resonance. That's the answer to one of the questions I remember from a couple of pages back.

No one else can come up with the answers for you. The reason is because you create your own reality. If the type of reality the OP presents does not resonate with you, then it's not the reality you will create for yourself. And that's okay.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
OP I'd like to respond to a couple of things you said.

First of all, I believe that the Earth has a very interesting past, and someday I would love to find out the real truth. I know I will.

I believe Atlantis existed. However, I think it may have existed in the 4th dimension. When it was demolished, the Earth fell into the 3rd dimension. This is what I FEEL the answer may be.

Also, I believe that the Earth is not hallow in the 3rd dimension, but it is hallow in the 4th dimension. That is what I FEEL the answer is.

But my question is - and this in no means is to say that I don't believe what you are saying - if you know the Earth is hallow and you had an incarnation there, but you don't remember it, then how do you know?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

You keep saying 'hallow' but do you mean 'hollow'?
Because otherwise your post doesn't make as much sense.

It could of been Atlantis was on a separate timeline and 'blended-in' to this one.
Which is why it's such a distant and strange legend...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
reply to post by angellicview

You keep saying 'hallow' but do you mean 'hollow'?
Because otherwise your post doesn't make as much sense.

It could of been Atlantis was on a separate timeline and 'blended-in' to this one.
Which is why it's such a distant and strange legend...

Yes! Thank you for catching me on that one. I meant "hollow"

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

hey sis

what do you think of the global economy for 2012, do you think that actually alot of really hard earth changes are going to occur which may be tough for people to deal with..

do u think there will be increasingly erratic weather behaviour, increasing social unrest and unemployment and more natural disasters.. I think that before our race can ascend many will die and be forcebly awoken.

Its like a child trying to grap a hot pot off the stove, if you always move the pot so the child doesnt get burnt it will never learn. If we dont experience the repercutions of our unspiritual behaviour we'll never evolve. I dont think 2012 holds any real significance as i think there has been a shift slowly occuring for some time.

peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join