It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Powers That Be – Part I – Do they exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hello Fellow Theorists and Friends,

This is Part I of five consecutive threads that I will be posting at regular intervals.

[color=gold]Part I – Do they exist?

Part II – Who are they?

Part III – Who is at the top?

Part IV – How do they control you?

Part V – Conclusion

Do they exist?

In idiomatic English, "the powers that be" is a phrase used to refer to those individuals or groups who collectively hold authority over a particular domain.

en.wikipedia.org...

The term The Powers That be or commonly written as TPTB is regularly used on ATS and abroad.

But do they really exist?

Some believe that it is a closed and secretive select elitist group that holds the reigns of this world, using our government officials like puppets on strings in order to fulfil their dreaded agendas.

Although there is some truth in that belief, in the sense that they do hold reigns of this world, through power and indescribable wealth, even though they work behind the scene, they are not the mysterious in the shadow people that everyone seem to think they are.

That concept was mostly popularized in the tv series The X Files.A shadow organization pulling strings over the government...remember this guy?

Nor is it one single individual in some nefarious organization going for the title of “Master of the World” a la James Bond Villain or better yet...like this guy...surely, you do remember him?

No. Even though there is one organization sitting on top of the ladder, their strength doesn’t come from authoring from one individual but from a collective.

The Powers That Be is better structured than one might think. As described in the wiki link stated above, they are individuals within groups who collectively hold authority.

And they hold authority in the International Commerce and Banking Industries, the Oil Industries, the Pharmaceutical Industries, Transportation Industries, Media Industries and the Military Industrial Complex...just to name a few.

Their financial assets are implemented across the world. Like a well integrated spider web, on every continent and in most countries.

Their greatest strength isn’t the fact that they sit on trillions. Or that they have successors for generations to come. No. Their biggest strength is the fact that they have you believing that the world and its toys belong to you while it belongs to them. That is how they keep raking in the old mighty dollars.

Think about it for a second.

Your house. Your car. Your furniture. Your credit card. Your bank. Your church. Your store. Your restaurant. Your vacation. Your insurance. Your business. Your work. Your body. Your freedom.

I could post pages within this thread, just with what you think is yours, but I will stop here. If you think that any of those mentioned above is really yours, then the Marketing in the Media works well on you. All the while you bury yourself in debt, they pull in the numbers.

The best slave is the one who thinks he is free.

Just something to ponder over the holidays. After which I will post the second thread on this series and show you who I believe they are.

Ideas and comments are welcome. Feel like debating a point? I’ll be on vacation for a few days so I’m available to discuss.

ATS Members and friends, wishing you and yours a Happy Christmas !!

~Son.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hi OP and thanks for putting this together...

You say that TPTB are more a group than one particular individual.
Do you not believe then that they are working together to bring about a one world system?
And would it not stand to reason that if everything is being unified through this organisation..ie one economy, one government, one police force, one religion that in fact their will come the day that one leader will rule it all?

Would be interesting to get your thoughts as you seem quite capable..

Cheers

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

Interesting that.............How can anyone make or force anyone's beliefs?

And OP my home is my own i have the deeds. Are you telling me they don't hold up?

Everything in it is bought and fully paid up. My car too is bought and paid up. Although

i have beliefs i do not attend or support any church.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

And OP my home is my own i have the deeds. Are you telling me they don't hold up?

Everything in it is bought and fully paid up. My car too is bought and paid up. Although

You can't really force someone against their will unless you hold their nearest and dearest at gunpoint or something...

Rather it's more to do with the place people go when they are hopeless..
When someone is down they often turn to their equivelent of god for strength.

When the world is hopeless enough, when everything seems like it is coming to an end..a light that shines bright will naturally appeal to many as a form of salvation.

So i dont think it will be as much about forcing someones belieif as much as it will be about them accepting it willingly.

My only bone of contention would be that if their is one individual that comes to light.. what his/her true intentions are..

That remains to be seen and to be honest i dont even think TPTB know the true intentions of the One.

Then again there may simply never be the One...just humanity verging off the edge of the cliff...

Lets hope not hey?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
One world system? What for? Fight against aliens? The PTB are narrow-minded and their quest towards world domination is only an illusion

They are not spiritually evolved. Hence this type of world domination is bs and it doesn't really matter.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Hi Oxygenation !

Thank you for posting a very interesting point !!

I believe that a New world Order doesn't need to be publicly implemented as I think that it already exists. Their system is centralized and the wealth is already funneled.

They control the economy, the governments, the police force, the religion...it is all ingeniously structured and already working like a charm.

Except for one area in this world. Anyone notice certain dictatorships falling over the last decade?

But that's for another thread alltogether...

Thank you for participating. I do appreciate !!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I completely agree. We can own nothing when we attempt to "own" anything. All material possessions are under the provenance of TPTB especially those things "purchased" through debt. Attempting to "own" makes you susceptible to their influence. Own a tv? What use is it these days when "free" stations are basically gone? Those few remaining only spew garbage meant to corrupt you anyway. However, consider the other things you must have for the tv to "do" anything. 1) A place to put it. Now you are paying rent or a mortgage so you need income and are now paying taxes surrendering 20 - 25% of your labor. 2) Electricity, which they also tax, use of which engenders the desire to "own" more things that also use electricity. 3) Cable or Satellite again taxed. It is all about stealing parts of your life. Time is the only resource you have to "sell". They want it from you. They want it for their use, for which they give you fiat currency useful mostly for "owning" more of the crap they sell. However they also want you to spend that time chasing "money" so that you lack the time to truly reflect upon the path you travel and what lies at the end of that path.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

]You do not "own" your land. Think you do? Refuse to pay rent to Uncle Sam for a couple years. See how long they allow you to retain "ownership", actually a permit to occupy THEIR land.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Hello Eletheia !

This is an excellent point for debate.

I agree with you 100%. What we have (some of us) is paid for. A house, for the common citizen is a good investment. Unless of course, one can't make his mortgage payments and then realize that it was never his to start with. I recommend members to search or google percentages of house foreclosures and repossessions. Remember Elethia, the power of percentages are in their hands.

Cars. Yep. Paid for also. Problem is, how long will it be before we have to buy another one? How much does it cost to maintain it? How much gas do we need to make it go from point A to point B?

Food for thought.

Thank you for bringing an excellent factor to look into !!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

Hi Radkrish !

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to convey...

If you could expand on your thoughts a little I would appreciate !!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Hi DarthMuerte !!

It is all about stealing parts of your life.

I am glad I am not the only one who sees it that way !! TPTB have spent generations planning and implementing the perfect crime. Only a few get to see it...

Bravo !!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Sorry but i do own the land my home is on. In this country (the UK) we have freehold

or leasehold housing if it is freehold (which mine is) you own the land if it is leasehold

some one else owns that land and your house is only there for a lease period

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

You're most welcome and thank you.

I would agree that the plan is well underway and their tentacles reach far and wide but i do not believe all hope is lost.

We can quantify their years of planing and domination and control as darkness..
And the peoples struggle against it as the light..

For as long as they have been planning we have been fighting.. i dont think thats every chanaged..
What has changed is its intensity and the awareness of what is taking place..

It all seems to be coming to a head but the victor of the battle of light and dark remains to be seen.
So in the mean time i will do as a great man once said and keep hope alive

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Sorry but i do own the land my home is on. In this country (the UK) we have freehold

or leasehold housing if it is freehold (which mine is) you own the land if it is leasehold

some one else owns that land and your house is only there for a lease period

I stand corrected then. In the US we do not OWN our land. Just as the serfs of old, we lease it from those above us, in this case the government.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here are your real enemies, and why they must be destroyed. Literally.

whistleblowers.freehosting.net...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yes, TPTB exist.

The "players" follow instructions from the ones who control the wealth.

Wealth being end product of exploitations of resources and land ownership.

The "controllers" own the web of corporations through stock.

The stock is held in the holding tank investment firms.

"Governments" and "Nations" are only window dressings for the worldwide Corporation/Central Bank complex.

TPTB are descendants of the ancient Merchant/Business Elite trade groups.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I,m sure you all know the structure of pyramid schemes . Apply the same design to what is currently on going with the money brokers , governments , military , religion . Add some general public to the very bottom of the pyramid as the base then work your way up .

It is a basic design but it explains it very effectively . They ( TPTB ) are constantly at battle with each other at their level of the pyramid but they work for the same goal . When they get to top heavy with more management than support base it fails .
edit on 24-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

Hello Colbyforce and thanks for the link !

The Federal Reserve...if that one in itself isn't a crime, I don't know what is. It is part of the equation. Part of this neural net that webs across the world. Part of the biggest heist in human history !

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hello Xuenchen,

Another excellent reply !!

"They" take advantage of so many financial and legal loopholes to funnel billions over billions every year that it's become impossible to decipher. And to keep track.

Then we suddenly hear that somehow, and without a trace, trillions are missing...makes me sick.

But we'll send the homeless to prison for stealing an apple somewhere cause he's hungry...

I agree with everything you've said in your reply !

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but the warburg dynasty along with the rockefellers, the rothschild, the royals, the crown, etc. are very real. Didnt the latter and their cronies push the opium trade on china and snatched hong kong in the process? How is that for a supervillain plot?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join