It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2012

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Wait until Puter wakes up, hopefully he can calm the storm

He is awake, but like King Canute he cannot turn back the tide.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
West coast from Alaska all the way down to the tip of South America is in danger of a Massive Quake any time soon.
Meaning with in this week or sooner.

Here in Los Angeles the seismic cam is reading small rumbling.

abclocal.go.com...

Also posted about the stress buildup in my area a day before the big quake in Sumatra.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is it me or does it look like the area from the Gulf of Mexico all the way down to Panama is having some sort of stress build up?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

A line of quakes of 4+ size

Activity is still building again as i mentioned earlier. Possible damging earthquake possible for the Cascadia fault zone.

Also dosent help that this happened recently !!!!!

Stretch of sand/beach disappears at Los Frailes,,

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
All those similar size quakes stacked on top of somalia....are those natural? or normal? all so close to size and just right on top of each other.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

In west coasts thread she mentioned Juan de fuch as a subduction to the cascadia. So is this just a reajustment . Never mind I think I answered my own question
edit on 11-4-2012 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I was looking at the Yellowstone graphs to pick out Oregan. I was confused by Mexico because there was one from Aceh in the mix. As the lull was ending. The 5's were coming in as sort of couplets. Well, what the hell, the big ones are coming in couplets or sorts. The two big ones 8+. Then we chime in on this side of the world with Oregon/Mexico. If another couple big ones come in together- I'm going to start to start to freak a bit.

Today's action definately supports the cluster theory. I support it. They are inconnected Puterman. I'm talking to you. Someone recently posted video of Devil's hole during the Mexican quake. It had a sieve or something like that. This is my groundwater theory. The same thing is happening in the aquifers, just in a different way because it's under pressure. Like the geyers system at yellowstone.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Puterman! Thank god you're here! Please tell me this is nothing out of the ordinary.... or to worry about???

You know I would love stand in front of the World and shake a finger a Mother Earth and say now listen Missy enough is enough, but she would not listen!

I have to say that is IS out of the ordinary, but out of the ordinary does not mean it is doom and gloom.

All of this is STILL in my opinion the world settling down after Tohoku. You don't punch out three years worth of quake energy in one single quake without it having some effect.

I sincerely hope that Mexico is as lucky with this one as Indonesia has been to day with minimal damage and injury considering the size of the punch.

So yes out of the ordinary. To worry about? No not really. Pool Number 4 is much more to be worried about and I am hoping that while energy is being released round the world it is keeping away from that particular structure as a Mag 7+ there has the potential to be an extinction level event for our planet at this time.
edit on 11/4/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Like puterman said, 'not seen a day like it' and it's not over yet

If I was living anywhere near an American fault-line, I'd be getting fairly nervous right now. Just make sure to have all your emergency plans in place.
edit on 11-4-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

WOT, I thought you had been tarred and feathered!!!

Just looked at the phase data which is now in. This may well be below Mag 7 very shortly and it could even be down as low as 6.6 but time will tell.

Strange the USGS tensor has not been published but a preliminary look at it shows it at 7.1. Maybe I am wrong about it coming down.

Can't tell anything from LISS either as it is still saturated from earlier.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

No more for today please! This is really wacky.
All I can take away from this is that if we experience another relatively quiet week, such as this past week--the world should hold on...

Originally posted by PuterMan
So yes out of the ordinary. To worry about? No not really. Pool Number 4 is much more to be worried about and I am hoping that while energy is being released round the world it is keeping away from that particular structure as a Mag 7+ there has the potential to be an extinction level event for our planet at this time.

This. Excellent post Puterman.
Thanks for all your thoughtful and thought-provoking posts.
edit on 4/11/2012 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

WOT, I thought you had been tarred and feathered!!!

:

Well it sure feels like it, but thankfully I've got very thick skin, so like water off a ducks back

I blame all those people who were complaining about things being too quiet...

My next prediction is...South American West Coast for some increased activity.
edit on 11-4-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

I know that it did not happen in 2004, but I shall take a look further back as see if this pattern has been seen before. I don't believe it has but I shall check it out tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is the trace from UNM: UNM.G.00.BHZ.2012.102

I have not looked at how far that is but I still have the feeling that may come down. Just checked it 379 km. Not a 7.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well now you have gone and done it again! Luckily I am in the middle of North America so I don't have to worry about tsunamis.

Question for anyone, where does all of this pressure release go. There is a lot of energy being slung around right now and I am a bit concerned that the New Madrid might be holding on to be the last fat lady to sing. La....La....La....Laaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Oh boy, we just had a good size quake rumble thru Christchurch!

Man, this is getting a bit CRAZY

Okay, it was 4.62 at a depth of 9.54 km just off the coast, and 13.2 km from the Cathedral, putting it about 8 km from me. Largest we've had here for several weeks.
edit on 11-4-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: added

Time was 12:00pm NZ time. (about 15 min's ago.
edit on 11-4-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: added

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1

How long ago tho because its not showing up yet???

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Reference Number 3688903
Universal Time April 12 2012 at 0:00
NZ Standard Time Thursday, April 12 2012 at 12:00 pm
Latitude, Longitude 43.49°S, 172.79°E
Focal Depth 10 km
Richter magnitude 4.6
Region Canterbury
10 km north-east of Christchurch

GeoNet

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Reference Number 3688903
Universal Time April 12 2012 at 0:00
NZ Standard Time Thursday, April 12 2012 at 12:00 pm
Latitude, Longitude 43.49°S, 172.79°E
Focal Depth 10 km
Richter magnitude 4.6
Region Canterbury
10 km north-east of Christchurch

GeoNet

Wow whats going on here !!!!>?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Mexico quake revised down to 6.5

PM and I both knew this was coming from the phase data... GCMT will probably list it as a 6.1...

I think all this activity is just one of those random coincidences. Sometimes the earth does freaky things. Like several large quakes in the span of a day or so. So now that I am one of those play it safe, over conservative types (*cough*), all this will just go away. Watch.
edit on Wed Apr 11th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
update to post by PuterMan

This may well be below Mag 7 very shortly and it could even be down as low as 6.6 but time will tell.

I first put 6.5 and thought no it can't go that low.

It just did. Now down to 6.5

And that is Mw not mb so EMSC may have to adjust as they are still showing 7. When they come in to work tomorrow that will go down. Can't have dissent in the ranks.

Snap TA - we posted about the same time!

I am off folks. Please try not to have too many more during the night.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I live in Mexico City and I didn´t feel the quake at all.The one that we had here last week gave me a good shake,but this one,nothing.I was cooking dinner at the time and my wife was taking a nap, and she said she didn´t feel a thing.I am glad I didn´t feel anything today ,because I have been feeling very paranoid lately after all the quakes we have been getting lately.I hope a big one here is not on the horizon.Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join